Dungeons and Druddigons: Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro nods in agreement to what Knox says before approaching the Elf. "So how was that, mister?" he asks as innocently-sounding (and looking) as possible. "Are me and my friends strong enough to help you?"
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

J'kul runs a hand through his shaggy hair, "Not sure. We were just passing through. We'll probably do some training in the forest before moving on."

"I wanted to take the gym challenge myself," Krystal says, and Frin mentions she did too.

"I haven't really made a decision myself." J'kul says. "Seems like as good an idea as any."

The elf nods, "At the least, you and your friends won't be any worse off than we were. How do you fair against poison types?"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"You might as well if you're planning on seeing the world and training your pokemon anyway, unless you're not planning on going to all of those places. Speaking of pokemon, which ones did you guys see around here?"
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca tips his hat to J'kul as the orc and his friends approach. "Don't sell yourselves short. Your Pokemon are quite tough!"

Luca turns to the elf. "We don't have anything that is particularly strong against Poison Pokemon, but we also aren't weak against their attacks." He pauses. "Were you having trouble with wild Pokemon, or with trainers?"
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Well, you can bet we'll be tougher next time we meet," Frin says, "and better prepared."

"Wild," the elf says, "I work at a honey camp, mostly we use combees, males almost entirely, to harvest honey, that we bottle and sell, but a wild beedrill attacked our camp and has been an absolute terror. It doesn't help that it seems to be able to control the combees, too."

((Everyone gains 700xp))
Last edited by Prak on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox smiles. "Looking forward to it." He looks at Krsytal's pin. "'The Original One', right?"

Knox notices the elf talking to the others, but he doesn't know what they were talking about earlier. "Well met. Were you waiting to challenge us?"
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Krystal smiles, "Yep. I am a knight of the Nurturing Paladinic Order of Arceus. Not many followers out this way, but some know of us."

Knox breaks in as the elf describes the even more aggressive than usual nature of the beedrill which has laid siege to the honey camp's main tree, in which the combees live and convert nectar into honey.

"It's taken control of the combees and is using them to form a living wall around the tree. We could theoretically kill them, but we don't want to lose the combees if we can help it, and we're not thrilled about the idea of killing innocent pokemon at all. But the camp pokemon just weren't enough. We're workers, not trainers." he explains.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"We'd be glad to help your honey camp," Kentaro agrees. "I'm sure between the lot of us we'll either be able to knock out or catch the Beedrill. Isn't that right, guys?" Kentaro asks as he looks over to his fellow party members.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox nods in agreement. "Yeah, we'll check it out. I think we might be able to prevent it from possessing combees, but I'm not entirely sure about that."

At Krsytal, "Have you heard anything about 'plates'?"
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca says, "If worst comes to worst, we can knock them out. I do have some skills as a healer, and one of my Pokemon can mend wounds in the field. I sincerely hope it won't come to that though. If we can handle the Beedrill perhaps the Combees will become passive."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

(forgot about the question to Krystal, but it allows me to bump this as I was under the impression you guys were talking amongst yourselves)

"Yeah, the order actually tracks and searches for plates. It's a goal of every fortress within the order to have as complete a set of plates as is possible. Since that's a bit Sisyphean, we settle for having at least one per fortress, and pursue the goal on a longterm basis," she replies. "Why do you ask?"

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(I thought we already agreed to go to the honey camp.

Before I answer Krystal, I'd like to take 10 on a Knowledge: Arcana Check (24) for more info on plates in this setting. How would Knox have likely found out about them? Bulbapedia doesn't have much info beyond that they are powerup macguffins with bonus powers if used by Arceus)

Mentally, "Shazam, READ HER THOUGHTS! READ HER THOUGHTS! READ HER THOUGHTS!"
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Plates as a thing are commonly known. What they do is less known, with most people knowing just that they exist, seemingly in every pokemon type, and give a small boost to powers, and figure into the Arcean creation myth (which is not widely believed).

Shazam: <OK OK STOP SHOUTING! ....She's wondering if you know of the location of any plates>

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Curiosity mostly. I have a strange fascination with artifacts, especially themed collections and the kinds that are split up and spread all over the world. How many have you guys acquired so far?"

Mentally, "Sorry... got a bit overexcited there. You're doing a great job. Keep it up. Tell you what, after we get back, I'll cook something up for you. Whatever you're in the mood for."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro simply keeps quiet as Knox and Krystal talk, hiding his own thoughts behind an innocent smile.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"You know, I'm not really sure how many the order's acquired. You'd have to talk to a steward," Krystal replies.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Well, I guess we'll see you guys around then."

At Krystal, "Is your order okay with the imbibement of alcoholic beverages? If it is, and you don't have other plans, would you like to partake in it with me later tonight?"

To the group right afterwards, "Right then, on to the honey farm."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Krystal laughs. Tries to stop, and laughs harder. "You should see them. Being able to hold your liquor is practically a requirement, I'd love to have a drink."

The elf suggests traveling by night while the beedrill is less active, otherwise you may meet it on the road. It will only take a couple hours to walk from Elvenport to the camp, so it's reasonable to leave around midnight if you guys wish.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox smiles. "Awesome! Where do you want to meet?"

(I'm guessing this would happen before we set out for Combeeland and that Heal Bell can probably take care of drunkenness and hangovers.)
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro will join the celebration, but abstain from drinking anything too strong, fearing that drunkenness may lead to him accidentally revealing his true intentions to the Paladin.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yes and yes.

"Well, we are on top of a tavern..." Krystal says

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Good point. Let's go then."
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca nods to the elf. "Traveling later seems wise. It sounds as if my teammates are cooking up a bit of a pre-trip celebration. Would you like to join us?"
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The elf declines, "I should rest up for the trip. I'm honestly not sure when I last slepttranced."

(forgot, elf)
Last edited by Prak on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"I could whip something up that'd keep you awake and refresh you too."

(Potion of Keep Watch via Bag Full of Knick Knacks. If midnight counts as the end of the day, I don't have anything to lose. If not, I'll risk it nonetheless)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.