Dungeons and Druddigons: Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Dungeons and Druddigons: Adamant Version

Post by Prak »

The adventure at Mt. Armoury was a glorious quest which I'm sure you all will remember the details of well into your twilight years. The hike down the mountain through the Greypeaks was itself somewhat harrowing, but you managed to evade the barghests, wargs and goblins well enough with the might of your pokemon, and you own not-inconsiderable might.

Having attracted the attention of an elven fisher on the Loagrann River in it's Greypeak font, you were able to negotiate passage aboard his simple barge to Elvenport in High Forest.

The Poketavern was a welcome sight after your long trip in the cold winter of Faerun's north, and you're able to find a table not too far from the large central fireplace in which a flareon is curled, sleeping peacefully in the flames.

Your pokemon have been healed, and food has been brought to your table if you wished it. Rooms can be had for the weary.

But now you must decide the next step in your journey. You know that the cassisians several of you were given, and the mysterious platinum-flecked golden egg given to another, will likely bring you to great adventures, but that's a good ways away. Hellgate Keep is nearby, though, and the demons there have mostly assimilated into Faerun's culture. There's even a gym there, and travel to it is quite common.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Post by Griffinsummoner »

Drastrix Renthris (Drast for short) sits at the table, his blue scaly cloak pulled close around him, cradling his golden egg. He polishes it even as he polishes off his plate of food. He's got a map open in front of him, and he's considering the paths ahead.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox fiddles with his haversack, trying to remember all the things he'd put in there, and wondering if he should take anything else before embarking once more. Once his food arrives (he asked for whatever dish was most unique to this inn/region), he takes his time eating, savoring the flavors and wondering how best to replicate them later on.

"It's kinda weird in a way. I like it here, yet, I can't wait to see whatever's in store for us once we head out. Still, the league's not going anywhere, so why hurry? Perhaps we should find out if there's any interesting work for enterprising adventurers like us around here."

There's an Abra sitting next to him. It doesn't appear to be doing much, but it's trying to read the thoughts of everyone within 60 ft of it, and telepathically informing Knox of any particularly interesting, unusual or potentially threatening thoughts (DC 17, Will negates).

OoC
Detect Thoughts doesn't include the party members.

For more info about this town, Knowledge Local Check via worn Cassisian, taking 10 + Int aura: 20
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca sighs as he lets the heat soak into him. "I won't be missing the north at all," he says. "If I never get buried in a snowstorm again it will be too soon."

He will order whatever is hot and delicious, and listens with half an ear to the conversations around the party's table as he attacks the meal. He nods at Knox as he finishes. "Beating the gyms isn't a race. There's no point in rushing through them so fast that we wear ourselves and our Pokemon out." He pauses and tilts his head. "Still, I wouldn't mind tackling this gym sooner rather than later. Proving our competence by having at least one badge may open some doors."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro clambers up to a chair, standing on it in order to be able to see at the table. He contentedly soaks up the warmth of the fire; it reminds him of home. Although Kentaro is listening to the conversation, he has little to add to it. He is 200 years old; a few days here or there mean nothing to him... the League will fall.

If Kentaro already has a hot meal on his plate he'll gladly eat it, and if not he'll order the local specialty. He rather wishes he could get an alcoholic beverage, something unlikely to be offered to a halfling child. Finally he chimes in. "Any of you care to order a drink for me? I'll pay for it."
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Drast looks up from his map. "I've been working on a few new maneuvers with my partners. It'll be good to test them before we get to a gym. When we are ready to move on, it looks to me like there are two main paths from here to Hellgate Keep: one through the woods and one along the river. Hard to tell which one would be faster, but either way," he says looking over at Luca, "we've got a while yet before we really move south again."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The specialty of Elvenport's taverns is magikarp sashime, thin slices (due to the already small amount of meat on the fish pokemon) on tightly packed sticky rice. Few but the long-lived elves have the patience to clean and fillet the hard-plated bony fish, but the meat that is harvested is tender and fatty.

Most of the other patrons of the tavern are in much the same spirits as the party, exhausted, thankful for the warm fire, plotting their next move. An alakazam moves through the crowd deftly, mustache intricately braided and apron tied around it's waist with spoons stuck through the tie, carrying plates in it's hands and several more above it's head with glowing purple telekinesis. The Alakazam will happily bring drinks for everyone, including Kentaro. Few settlements have much issue with serving children low-alcoholic content drinks such as mead or cider, and even some elven wines with an alcohol content closer to the beers. If he wants something harder, then there might be some resistance.

Detect Thoughts
One table against the far side of the wall of the circular tavern hosts a somewhat eclectic party- a gaunt half-orc corded with wiry muscles, a pair of halflings, one in gleaming chain mail with long hair she is carefully brushing out, the other in dark loose clothing, and what you think, at first, is another halfling, but what seemed to be a tall halfling is actually an unusually svelt dwarf, stocky bone structure standing proud beneath dusky, scar-covered skin. Their surface thoughts seem to indicate they are a newish party of trainers and that they may be looking for the same.
A man runs into the poketavern and straight up to the res-slab. He sets down a bag seemingly over-filled with pokeballs, and begins frantically unloading it onto the slab in sets of six.
If detect thoughts is put on him while he does this, he seems to be primarily concerned about restoring "the camp's" pokemon, with the occasional thought of "fucking beedrill"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Drast gestures toward the man at the res-slab with his rag, as he uses the other hand and slides the egg back into his sack. "Well, he looks rather distraught and in a hurry."
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox decides to craft a fishing rod and a few nets later on, and makes a mental note to ask the chef/s about the techniques used to prepare magicarp and where one may find them. He mentally instructs his Abra to check on the stables to make sure the horses* (and Torchic, if it seemed cold there) are okay, find out what kind of food they want (Knox would ask to have some sent there), before continuing to read nearby surface thoughts.
Griffinsummoner wrote:Drast looks up from his map. "I've been working on a few new maneuvers with my partners. It'll be good to test them before we get to a gym.
Knox points towards the newish party by tilting his head. "I think you just got a chance to."
Griffinsummoner wrote:Drast gestures toward the man at the res-slab with his rag, as he uses the other hand and slides the egg back into his sack. "Well, he looks rather distraught and in a hurry."
"But, maybe we should find out what his deal is first."

*Knox's horse and Kentaro's mule at least, since Luca's one has a pokeball
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The mounts are fine and happily eating hay provided by the stable.

Clarification-- Is Abra using detect thoughts to check on the mounts, or being physically sent?
Last edited by Prak on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

OoC
I was originally thinking it'd use Telepathy (100 ft range) to just ask them how they're doing. Though apparently that only works if the creature, 'has a language'. Pokemon seem to be able to communicate with each other in the anime, though I'm not sure about the games.

If Telepathy doesn't work, it'd just teleport there and back again.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Telepathy should work. Half Celestial horses have 4 int.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Noting his companions' suspicions (or at least interest) of the man near them, Kentaro whispers, "You want me to talk to him? I don't think he'll distrust me."
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox nods. "Go for it. Abra tells me he's trying to restore 'the camp's pokemon' and that he's pissed off at either a particular, or a group of beedrill. I'll go talk to that group of trainers over there."

He looks to Abra and thinks "Keep a mental eye on him and the trainers. Let me know what they're thinking".
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Drast looks over at Knox. "First day in town, and already looking for a fight? Try to at least get them outside before we start this time. Don't want to piss off another tavern owner."
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Hey, it's tradition. No matter what their specialties or aims, there is one code that all trainers follow—when two Trainers make eye contact, they must have a battle. Or at least that's what they said that time. How was I supposed to know they didn't mean right away? All right, fine, we'll take it outside first this time."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Taking a deep sip of cider, Kentaro hops down from his seat and walks over to the man at the slab. "Do you need any help, mister?" Kentaro asks, attempting to look and sound as cute and innocent as possible. (Diplomacy check)

(for Diplomacy should I roll, or will you roll in secret? Because if I roll, I got a natural 20, for a 38. Screenshot as proof.)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

(You guys can roll, I trust you. If you want to prove rolls, Invisible Castle works well)

The guy eyes you. On closer inspection, you can see he's not doing too well himself--the elf's skin is covered in scrapes and bruises, and a gash in his chest has been closed with healing magic. "We could use some, but I'm not too sure you can help much kid. Know any strong trainers?"

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Might as well break the ice," Knox says as he gets up and walks over to the other party. If they're in the middle of a conversation, he waits for them to finish. "Greetings. Something tells me there's more to you folks than meets the eye. Mind if I pull up a chair? I'll buy you a round if you tell me your stories." He mentally tells Abra to corroborate what they say with their thoughts.

(If taking 10 is okay, I get a Diplomacy roll of 20. If not, I got 19 on the WOTC dice roller site)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

(Duly noted. Invisible Castle wasn't working for me earlier, although it is now after a bit of fiddling around.)

"I do," Kentaro says, smiling at the wounded elf. If only you knew. "Give me a second and I'll get them." (Kentaro is attempting to pass secret messages via Bluff to Luca and/or Drast at the table. He'd try to communicate with Knox as well, but Knox is busy talking to the other party that Kentaro doesn't want to risk getting involved. The secret message is "He's interested in meeting us, and I think he trusts me." 31.)

(Also, rad, are you factoring in the +5 from Kentaro's Motivate Charisma aura? He has it active.)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The halfling in armour flashes a smile, and gestures with her brush- "Sure, pull it up. We saw you lot come in, figured you guys might be a new group too." The lot introduce themselves--the half-orc with tanned skin and wrapped in furs gruffly introduces himself as J'kul, the female halfling in chainmail, leaning against the group's packs on a large bench, nestled in a corner made by the packs and the wall, introduces herself as Krystal as she continues brushing out her long golden hair. The other halfling, straddling a bench and easily lifting a mug sized for a human says his name is Nopur and gestures something to the alakazam waiter behind you. The thin female dwarf says her name is Frin, all smiles and chipperness as she looks up from a roll of complex tools and daggers that she is in the middle of cleaning.

"We met in a tavern a ways south that Nopur was living out of, all new to adventuring, but not inexperienced with the trade," Frin says, going back to polishing tools and blades, "I spent a time in an arena, J'kul says he fought a krookodile himself to win his first pokemon. Krystal's from a holy order, says she's from some island I've never heard of..." Frin smiles and stage whispers "I don't think it exists." Krystal rolls her eyes.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Yeah, I took Kentaro's Motivate Charisma into account)

"Nice to meet you all. Yeah, we're still kinda new to this."
Prak wrote:The thin female dwarf says her name is Frin, all smiles and chipperness as she looks up from a roll of complex tools and daggers that she is in the middle of cleaning.
"I could give you a hand with those while we talk. I learned a thing or two about maintenance from my old master before I left to hunt badges."

(Appraise check on tools and daggers via Cassisian, taking 10: 20)
Prak wrote:"We met in a tavern a ways south that Nopur was living out of, all new to adventuring, but not inexperienced with the trade," Frin says, going back to polishing tools and blades, "I spent a time in an arena, J'kul says he fought a krookodile himself to win his first pokemon.
"Impressive. Where was the arena? Tell me more about the fight."
Prak wrote:Krystal's from a holy order, says she's from some island I've never heard of..." Frin smiles and stage whispers "I don't think it exists." Krystal rolls her eyes.
"It's probably a secret society. She probably told you about it so you'd be less likely to actually believe it exists." Knox looks at Krystal. "I'm onto you though." He does the 'I've got my eye on you gesture', making it clear via expressions that he's messing around.

"Abra, anything they're not telling me?" he thinks.

(Diplomacy 20, taking 10)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Frin's tools are masterwork thieves tools, but nothing particularly special beyond that, and the daggers are well made, but mundane. She waves off your offer, preferring to do the task herself.

"Fought in Calimport for a few years. Nothing much worth telling. Fought some 'mons, and a lot of people. It was a gig, but that's past now."

Krystal smiles along. Abra doesn't indicate they're lying in any way.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca wipes his mouth, checks his sleeves to make sure they're rolled down, and stands up. He walks over to the rest slab. "I see you've met my friend," he says to the elf. "And I can just as easily see that you've been having some troubles. Why don't you finish healing your Pokemon and tell us what has happened?"
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Drast nods in Luca and Kentaro's direction, and waves the three of them over.