Dungeons and Druddigons: Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"In the interests of better preserving its secrets, tell me more about your order. Also, are you guys up for a sparring match against our team? Outside of course?"
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

J'kul's stoic face cracks a grin, "we were going to challenge you."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox grins as well. "Awesome! I'll talk to the others and get back to you real soon."

He walks back to the table. "Guys, we got ourselves a battle."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

(I realized that I forgot to account for Kentaro's Motivate Charisma aura on the Bluff check to pass information. It doesn't matter, since he hit the DC 20 needed, but his Bluff is +18 unless he has a different aura up for some reason.)

Kentaro will head over to Drast and Knox in order to tell them the good news. "We've also got somebody who's quite interested in meeting you guys," he says with a bit of a smile. (Bluffing again to pass secret information. 36. Message is, "The Elf doesn't know I'm a Trainer. Not sure if I should reveal it to him or not.")
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Post by Griffinsummoner »

Drast looks over at the Elf, and at the other party of trainers. He nods at Kentaro, then looks at the Elf. "Perhaps you'd like a demonstration of our ability to help? If you'd care to watch, we're about to engage in a trainer battle," he shrugs, "apparently."
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca smiles. "Two Pidgeys with one stone? I'm game."
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Cool I'll let them know." Knox walks over to the group and nods. "You're on. Let's go!"
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Krystal ties her hair back and she and Nopul slide off their benches as the others rise.

"Let's do this," Frin says, grinning, as they lead the way out of the tavern.

The elf from the camp hefts the bag of pokeballs onto his shoulder and follows you all out.

The roof of the poketavern sits broad and flat atop it, sheltered by the canopy of a large tree it was built around. Two sets of stairs spiral up to the roof for trainer battles.

Battlegrid
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Drast takes up position opposite J'kul, holding Dratini's pokeball in his hand.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca will step up besides Drast, opposite Krystal.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro will stand on the other side of the platform, opposite Frin. He attempts to look nervous as he climbs up (would this be a Bluff check? If so he gets a 27.)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox stands next to Luca, opposite Nopur.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Battle Map Update
Alright, roll initiatives. I'll start the match tomorrow afternoon (PST), because I have sleep to catch up on, and just realized that I think one or two of these guys need statting up.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox: 17
Happiny: 6

Guys, don't forget to add a +5 to initiative from Motivate Dexterity.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro rolls a 27. His Corollax isn't intelligent enough to benefit from the Aura (unless Prak rules otherwise), and rolls a 13. (It'd get an 18 if Motivate Dexterity did work on it.)
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Drast: 17
Dratini: 22
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca: 1d20+6=17
Fleshraker: 1d20+10=14, but he can act on 17 instead thanks to Luca's Rally feat.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, sorry that took a good bit longer than I expected. I way overslept yesterday and lost the rest of the day to post-sleep-dep procrastination.

So, Initiative-
  • Kentaro
  • Krystal
    • Dratini
    • Farfetch'd
    • Earl, the Rhyhorn
  • Knox and Drast
  • Luca
    • Velo
    • Lucifer
  • Nopur
  • Frin
  • J'kul
    • Litwick
    • Simon the Sandile
    • Happiny
As the challengers, you effectively have a surprise round where you call out your pokemon, then the opposing trainers call out their's, and then battle will proceed with that initiative order. Pokemon who would go before their trainers (Frin's and Griffinsummoner's) will delay until they receive commands.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox releases his Happiny onto square J10.

"Whimsy*, get ready to use Metronome as soon as all their pokemon come out." (Readied action)

He mentally instructs his Cassisian to ready an action to use Inspire Courage +1 as soon as all allied pokemon are out.

*The Happiny's name. I'll name the others soon, including retroactively naming Abra.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

(I'm just going to act out of order for the surprise round, since it doesn't matter that much)

Luca uses a standard action to release Velo (Fleshraker) from his Pokeball into F12.

Velo preens himself for his standard action.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

For the surprise round, Kentaro will release his Corollax (EDIT: into J9) as a standard action. Since he acts first in initiative in the next round (and this is play by post, so I don't want to slow things down), I'll write out the actions of him and his Pokemon in the first (non-surprise) round of battle now:

Kentaro makes 2 Intimidate attempts (1 standard action, 1 free from Terror Sphere) on Krystal to demoralize her. (We agreed that I can do this at range, and that it's legit in Trainer battles, right? If not I'll edit this post.) Since Krystal is a Small creature (1 size category larger than Tiny), Kentaro is at -4 for +14 on his check(s). He gets a 25 and a 32.

Kentaro's Corrolax will cast color spray on the opposing team's Pokemon, attempting to get as many of them in the 15' cone as possible. DC 17 negates.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Drast releases Dratini into H10.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Keep in mind that the center brown circle is the trunk of the tree I mentioned, and so I9-J10 are half-taken up by tree trunk.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Lucifer (what I've just decided I'm naming Kentaro's Corollax) is an incorporeal Tiny flying creature. I'm pretty sure it'll be fine starting in a half-taken square.

Also, is it too late to make my free action Intimidate (from the Terror Sphere) on the surprise round? I forgot that free actions could be used in surprise rounds. Is that legal by League standards? If it's legal, and not too late, Kentaro will make the first of many demoralize attempts on Krystal, and gets a 30.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

A 5 foot step can be taken as part of a readied action. Would Whimsy be able to move to J9 or I10 using a 5 foot step (in order to maximize the odds of being able to target a specific pokemon)? If not, I'd like to retract the readied metronome if it's not too late (perhaps just by telling it not to use it).
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.