[Tome] Dungeons and Druddigons Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

All of Luca's Pokemon are CR 2.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

So're Knox's.
Prak wrote:I'd rather keep it to non-fullcasters, since if nothing else it feels too powerful to let a full caster PC have a pokemon. If you really wanted to play a cleric, I'd have to figure something out, but the trade off may be Sorcerer spell progression.
How about making an ACF for the PF Oracle? They're basically divine sorcerers who use the cleric spell list, a limited number of spells known (+ cures) and sorcerer progression. They get 4+Int skills which isn't too bad for skillmonkeying.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

They're still full casters. Full casters feel slightly out-of-theme for Pokemon. Now, I do have it planned for some of the gym leaders to be spellcasters, because it's in-theme for their city/area, so it's not out of the question, but with full casters being so powerful already, I'm hesitant. Not entirely opposed, but hesitant.

What I was saying is that if someone was set on playing a cleric, the first ACF trade off would likely be "your spellcasting progression is delayed one level," along with possibly being down a slot at each level. Now, granted, that's an ongoing payment, so it may not lose much else for the overall ACF, but I'd need to look things over.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I'm not so sure we need a skill monkey (we seem to have most of the bases covered and minor auras of dexterity, intelligence and charisma). A buffer could be handy, but don't feel obligated to make a Bard or whatever. If you want to play a Pokemaster, Ninja, Spherelock (a different schtick from illusions/necromancy), Jester, Monk, or whatever else, go for it.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Hmm... might be possible to make a decent buffer via spherelock (maybe making up some additional spheres).
Aegis

Special: You radiate an aura of protection out to 10 feet. All allies in this aura receive a resistance bonus to saves OR a deflection bonus to AC equal to character level / 3, rounding up.
Special Bonus: If you upgrade this Sphere to Advanced access, your aura of protection grants a resistance bonus to saves AND a deflection bonus to AC.
Special Bonus: If you upgrade this Sphere to Expert access, your aura of protection goes out to Short range instead of 10 feet.

1 Mage Armor
3 Resist Energy
5 Protection From Energy
7 Stoneskin
9 Extended Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser
11 Energy Immunity (As Resist Energy, but grants Immunity instead of resistance)
13 Spell Turning
15 Protection from Spells
17 Foresight
19 Double Extended (lasts for 3 times as long as normal) Mind Blank

Bull (Animial Sphere from MS's Spirit Shaman, but could be reflavored as a Fiendish sphere of some sort)
Special: You deal double damage on a charge. You also gain Ride as a class skill.
1: Enlarge Person
3: Bull’s Strength
5: Rage
7: Mass Enlarge Person
9: Righteous Might
11: Mass Bull’s Strength
13: Destruction
15: Earthquake
17: Regenerate
19: Power Word Kill

Courage
Special: You are immune to fear.
1: bless (can be used as a swift action)
3: heroism
5: remove fear
7: heroes’ feast
9: righteous might
11: greater heroism
13: break enchantment (can be used as a swift ac-
tion)
15: freedom
17: mass righteous might*
19: greater heroism (can be used as an immediate
action)

Mass Righteous Might
Transmutation
Level: Courage 9
Range: Close
Targets: One or more allies, no two of which can be more than 30ft apart
Duration: 1 minute/level

This spell functions identically to righteous might, except as noted above.

As for the stat replacement on Majesty, if that worries you, make it Wis-skills only.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

If anyone's got a picture in mind for their character, link it to me and I'll make a token for the battlegrid, otherwise I'll just find something fitting.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Imagery!
Not a perfect match for my vision but I have zero artistic talent so I'm shamelessly stealing from those that do:

Token:

Full:
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

The baby fox I posted last page would be a pretty damn good image for my icon. That being said, if that's too much trouble to crop then I can dig something else out. Maybe something like this (too tired to recolor black now)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Pixels wrote:Not a perfect match for my vision but I have zero artistic talent so I'm shamelessly stealing from those that do:
Nifty. I'll do the same. The goggles are my Cassisian.
Darth Rabbitt wrote:The baby fox I posted last page would be a pretty damn good image for my icon. That being said, if that's too much trouble to crop then I can dig something else out. Maybe something like this (too tired to recolor black now)
This is probably more accurate, at least for now as you're not in fox form.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, but the baby fox is adorable.

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Fuck it, I'm gonna go with Frank's Bard. Sheet here or on MW?
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Either way's cool.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

For the purpose of types, what would the Fleskraker's attacks count as? Normal, Poison, Dark, a mix?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Fleshraker is poison.

Rad- there's a problem with how you're managing your pokemon. As I understand it, your cassisian is always out. It would be considered the first pokemon out, and act as a summoned pokemon.

Then you have your abra, which is also always out? It will act as it desires, maybe taking your direction into consideration, but it controls it's actions with no compulsion to follow your commands if it's not your primary pokemon.

Then you have Whimsy out. It will act as it desires, just as your abra will.
The Pokemaster wrote:More than one Controlled Pokémon can be out of their balls at any one time, but only the first one released behaves like a summoned monster – any subsequent released Pokémon will act normally, usually standing around and watching events transpire, or sleeping (extreme events can cause them to take direct action at the DM’s option).
Given that we're all getting used to these rules, I will allow you to specify whether you want to keep Cassisian and Abra out during the battle, return them to their balls before releasing Happiny, or what, this once, as this battle is partially to give the rules a trial run.

Edit: Full disclosure- if you want to keep Cassisan and Abra out, I will rule that pokemon out of their balls past your initial pokemon must be convinced to follow your commands with Handle Animal, which is opposed by a modified level check (the sort of roll used to resist Intimidate).
Last edited by Prak on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

The cassisian is in hat mode. I'm not using Abra. A cassisian can telepathically communicate with someone wearing it. My guess was that it wouldn't need to count as a controlled pokemon if it was in hat mode, like riding a horse. If I guessed wrong, I'll just use a handle animal check next turn.
Living Equipment (Su):
As a full round action, a Cassisian may bond itself to another
creature, granting both of them bonuses. The Cassisian resizes it's self to fit the wearers
head, and counts as one of the wearers magic items (taking up the head slot, or one of
the eight magic item slots). While in hat form, the Cassisians breath weapon's range,
damage and save, and spell-like abilities caster level and save DC's are based on either
the Cassisian's CR and abilities or the wearers, whichever is greater and the Cassisian
may choose to act on it's own or it's wearers initiative count, once chosen, it can't be
changed for the rest of the encounter. The wearer gains the Cassisian's Judgement,
Darkvision, Protective Aura, and Spell-Like Abilities, Tongues, as well as the effect of
Sriep's Haste Vision. The wearer and Cassisian may speak telepathically to each other.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, it's still a pokemon, and you're still commanding it to do things.

There's another option here, but it's for you to decide-- you could have the cassisian be non-controlled. Something like you released if from it's ball, told it to go into hat mode, and something goes on along the lines of it being uncontrolled until it's returned to it's pokeball, at which control is re-established.

But if that's the way you want to go, the cassisian is the one you need to convince to follow orders when you want it to do things.

Edit: Also- can I get everyone to paste their pokemonses' stat blocks into individual google docs and give me the links?
Last edited by Prak on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Is my spreadsheet sufficient?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Not really. The columns are too narrow, and I can't resize them or click on the cells to get the full info since it's not my document.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I've got the links on this post. Is google docs necessary?
Prak wrote:Yeah, it's still a pokemon, and you're still commanding it to do things.

There's another option here, but it's for you to decide-- you could have the cassisian be non-controlled. Something like you released if from it's ball, told it to go into hat mode, and something goes on along the lines of it being uncontrolled until it's returned to it's pokeball, at which control is re-established.

But if that's the way you want to go, the cassisian is the one you need to convince to follow orders when you want it to do things.
Yeah, I'll go with that. Handle Animal is a move action so I can roll for that now I guess as Knox didn't use one ((20)+16=36) (Assuming Kentaro's Motivate Charisma is still on. If not, it's a 31).

I'm cool with the way you handled Whimsy's readied Metronome.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'll do up the docs, Rad.

36 is more than enough to command a trained creature.

Edit: On the sheets- any pokemon that are unmodified from the wiki/Koumei's thread, I will link to those pages in the first post of this thread.

Any pokemon which are modified from those original statblocks, including feat or skill replacements, I would like a non-table statblock posted below this post. I kind of expect people to have stats for their 'mons for their own reference that they can provide, and I'm not going to go through and type up or C/P 15 pokemon worth of statblocks.
Last edited by Prak on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Prak wrote:Not really. The columns are too narrow, and I can't resize them or click on the cells to get the full info since it's not my document.
If you click the cell, you can see the contents on the wide bar in the top middle of the screen.

All of my pokemon are modified (Originally CR 1 pokemon have an extra HD (via the Trainer ability: Grow Pokemon. I guessed that the dumb monster HD/CR rules aren't being used and just opted for 1 CR/HD with evolution and new moves helping things along), some have different skills and all of them have different feats) and have statblocks in Dropbox (except the Cassisian for which I just modified Wiseman's post). I can probably write them into tgd format later today if necessary.

Knox

Abra
Cassisian (see below)
Happiny
Terlen
Torchic
Zorua

Uncontrolled Half Celestial Magebred Light Warhorse

Cassisian
Size/Type: Tiny Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (10hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: Fly 60ft. (Perfect)
Armor Class: 20 (+2 dex, +6 natural, +2 size)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-10
Attack: Ram +2 (1d4-4)
Full Attack: Ram +2 (1d4-4)
Space/Reach: 2.5ft./0ft.
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Spell-Like Abilities
Special Qualities: Living Equipment, Judgement, Purpose, Protective Aura, Immunity to Acid, Cold, Electricty, and Petrification, Tongues, SR12
Saves: Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +4
Abilities: Str 3 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 12
Skills: Appraise +5, Knowledge (the planes) +5 Knowledge (dungeoneering) +5 Knowledge (history) +5 Knowledge (local) +5 Perform +6 (sing, comedy, dance, act, oratory) Forgery +5 Search +5
Feats: Mood Maker
Environment: Any Good-Aligned Plane
Organization: Special (See Text)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Good (any)
Advancement: Transformation (Malikim) or Class Level (Favored Classes: Cleric and Favored Soul)
Level Adjustment: +0 (But seriously, your playing as somebody else's freaking headgear.)

Cassissians are the least form of angels, directly transformed from virtuous souls. Though not very powerful on their own, they have a special ability to bond with other creatures, in the form of headgear. Cassissians take the forms of helms, helmets, hat's, circlets, and various other kinds of headgear (appearance and style depends on the Cassisian's Purpose or it's wearers tastes). They are then worn by others, granting them symbiotic abilities.

Combat:

Judgement (Su): An angel automatically knows the alignment of any creature it is aware of. This bypasses any attempts to conceal alignment if the caster level of the ability or CR of the creature is equal to or lower than the angels.

Purpose: An angel serves a deity or represents some great concept. All angels select two domains and gain their granted powers and access to their spells (up to a level equal to their CR/2+1) as spell-like abilities usable at will.

Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of the Angel. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against evil effect and a lesser globe of invulnerability, both with a radius of 20 feet (caster level equals Angel’s CR). (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in an Angel’s statistics block.)

Breath Weapon (Su): As a standard action, a Cassisian can let lose a blast of fire or cold in a 15 ft. cone or 30ft. line (+5 ft per 2 additional CR). It deals 1d6 damage per CR of the Cassisian.

Living Equipment (Su): As a full round action, a Cassisian may bond itself to another creature, granting both of them bonuses. The Cassisian resizes it's self to fit the wearers head, and counts as one of the wearers magic items (taking up the head slot, or one of the eight magic item slots). While in hat form, the Cassisians breath weapon's range, damage and save, and spell-like abilities caster level and save DC's are based on either the Cassisian's CR and abilities or the wearers, whichever is greater and the Cassisian may choose to act on it's own or it's wearers initiative count, once chosen, it can't be changed for the rest of the encounter. The wearer gains the Cassisian's Judgement, Darkvision, Protective Aura, and Spell-Like Abilities, Tongues, as well as the effect of Sriep's Haste Vision. The wearer and Cassisian may speak telepathically to each other.

Change Shape (Su): A Cassisian may take the form a small sized child wearing a whatever the Cassisian's current headgear appearance. If the headgear is removed, the Cassisian reverts to it's true form.

Spell-Like Abilities: At Will: Detect Evil, Know Direction, Aid, Daylight, 1/week Commune (six questions).
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, I thought I'd tried that. Must have missed that that was indeed working.

Frank's pokemaster class actually references the MM's advancement rules, but 4 HD/CR is pretty crazy, so lets say two HD per CR.

I linked to those dropbox pages, and to the post for the Cassisian. If you can make a dropbox page for the Cassisian, we can call that good for now.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Prak wrote:Frank's pokemaster class actually references the MM's advancement rules, but 4 HD/CR is pretty crazy, so lets say two HD per CR.
It's a bit iffy actually. For instance, Happiny and its evolutions (made by Koumei) seem to follow HD=CR as does the Abra family (mostly, except for Alakazam, which is CR 17 but has 18 HD). However, Grimer and Muk are a strange case as Grimer is CR 2 and has 4 HD, but Muk is CR 5 and has 6 HD (oozes get 4 HD per CR like humanoids). I'd probably go with the 1 HD per CR, and getting new abilities every 3 CR or so.

I'll put up a dropbox page for the cassisian later today.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

There were, basically, two waves of pokemon stattings- Wave 1 was Frank statting stuff when he made the Pokemaster class back in 3.0 (or very early 3.5), Wave 2 was Koumei and I statting things while GenV was around, and trying to be vaguely sane with something close to HD=CR. However, as Frank pointed out, since D&D was not built for monsters to really work that way...

Yeah, it makes things stupidly fucking complicated.

Let's try making anything that has initial HD=CR (or approximately so) advance in the same manner, and anything with HD != CR advance as per the MM. It'll still be stupidly complicated but it isn't taking everything of one wave and rewriting it. We'll see how it works and if it gives undesired results, we can try something else.
Last edited by Prak on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

In that case, I should adjust Lucifer's HD slightly. Which I might have been supposed to do anyways since he had fractional CR. His DC for color spray should be 16, then (3 from Cha, 1 from 2 HD, 2 from Ability Focus). I'll edit that from my earlier post.

Here's his stat block:
Lucifer, Advanced (2 HD) Lesser Phantom Corollax
Tiny Magical Beast (Incorporeal, Light)
HD: 2d10 (11 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft, fly 60 ft. (good)
AC: 17 (+3 dex +2 size +2 natural) when corporeal OR 18 (10 + 3 dex + 2 size + 3 deflection) when incorporeal, touch 15/18, flat-footed 14/15
BAB/Grapple: +2/-6
Attack: claw-1 melee (1d3-5)
Space/Reach: 2.5 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: color spray 1/round (CL 2, DC 16)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., DR 5/silver, incorporeal movement, SR 12, vulnerability to ghost touch
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 1/-, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 16
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4
Feats: Ability Focus (color spray)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).