[Tome] Dungeons and Druddigons Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, so as for the question of what's needed, here's the current roster-
Radthemad4- Knox, Feytouched Pokemaster [Abra, Happiny, Torchic, Zorua, Terlen, Cassisian; non-controlled MB half-celestial Lt. warhorse]
Pixels- Luca, Aasimar Pokemaster [Vivacious Nixie, Meditite, Venonat, MB Fleshraker, MB half-celestial Lt. warhorse, Cassisian]
Darth Rabbit- Kentaro, Kitsune Warlock [Corrolax]
Griffinsummoner- Drast, Human Dragonfire Adept [Dratini, Charmander]
Mask de h- ???

So, for PCs, we have two Pokemasters, a Warlock and a Dragonfire Adept. So that's a pretty versatile party already. In pokemon, we have two cassisians, an abra, happiny, torchic, zorua, terlen, vivacious nixie, meditite, venonat, fleshraker, lt warhorse, corrolax, dratini and charmander.

So lots of combat utility. Cassisians cover out of combat healing well, Happiny can heal statuses and lay down some confusion, venonat deals poison and paralysis, and most of the rest are pretty good at straight combat.

So the thing that immediately leaps out at me is a need for some manner of skill monkey I don't have plans to put traps in, but the pokemon games are known for teleport pads and such so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone around who can handle them.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Post by Griffinsummoner »

A bard would be good: skill-heavy and party-buffs.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Also, Kentaro's character sheet is here unless I'm greatly mistaken.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Yup, that's his sheet.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I now have an image of Drast's charmander traveling with the group outside it's ball with Kentaro riding on it's back for warmth.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Could I have trained Zorua to disguise itself as a different pokemon right before I bring it out so it actually appears as a different pokemon? Misty's Psyduck in the anime seemed to have some awareness of the outside world. Basically, can I shout, "I choose you, Abra/Machop/Arceus" upon bringing Zorua out and have it appear in that form? Well, for pokemon it's actually seen, so maybe not Arceus just yet.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I figured we might as well have an IRC channel for occasional discussion if any of us are online.

If you don't have an IRC client software installed/downloaded, you can use this online client: https://kiwiirc.com/client

You don't need to make an account or anything. Just pick a nickname, type in the channel name and press Start.

Channel Name: #AdamantVersion (the '#' is necessary)
Server: irc.freenode.net (ignore this if you're using the link)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'll allow the Zorua training thing, but remember that it's tail remains in all forms.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Cool. Even wasting a single action (say from a psychic attack or ability) will be pretty handy.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Is it common for kids to be adventurers? If not, perhaps Kentaro should pretend to be another party member's (adopted) younger brother or son or nephew or something.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Eh, you probably just come across as inexperienced.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Pretty much, or they'll assume that you are the younger brother of another party member anyway. But between the D&D influence and Pokemon influence, it's not unheard of for kids to be powerful adventurers.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

That's going to be fun with Kentaro's Napoleon complex.
Last edited by Pixels on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Who brings out a pokemon first in a battle? Is it decided by a coin toss or something?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'll say challenger brings out first.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Okay, so since we're challenging them we go first and we have no idea what we're going to be up against. What's our starting lineup? I'm thinking of opening with Happiny and using Metronome.

On a different note, I took Mood Maker on my Cassisian which grants it Inspire Courage at will. Could take I take Dragonfire Inspiration at 3 HD, ignoring the prerequisites? The prerequisites are Cha 11 (met), dragonblood subtype (not met but has Fire and Cold breath weapons), bardic music (not met but has inspire courage at will via mood maker). If it's allowed, could I use it for either Fire or Cold damage?

Though I'm okay with looking for a different feat if Mask wants to pick a bard and put resources into inspire courage.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Pixels wrote:That's going to be fun with Kentaro's Napoleon complex.
There's a reason Kentaro keeps the title "Kentaro the Young." He's vaguely aware of the contradictions between his desired big-man (at least so far in that he wants people to bow before him) image and the fact that his natural form is this:
So he's willing to play up a cute act on the merit that he's convinced one day all will bow before him.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

radthemad4 wrote:Okay, so since we're challenging them we go first and we have no idea what we're going to be up against. What's our starting lineup? I'm thinking of opening with Happiny and using Metronome.
I'm planning on opening with Velo (the Fleskraker). He's tough, mobile, and is relatively difficult to counter (only weak to ground).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

On Dragonfire Inspiration- I'm hesitant to allow it as there's no obvious connection to draconic...ness with the cassissian, though I might consider allowing something along those lines if the cassissian is holding a dragon plate. Perhaps as a granted ability.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I find it kinda weird that the ability is a dragon only thing. Still, I'm cool with it coming from a Dragon plate.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

I'll probably open with Dratini if we're going first, balanced elemental defenses and can be a heavy-hitter by round 2.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Heh, this is the good part of having a one-trick pony. Color Spray all the way.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Buffing skillmonkey sounds like Bard or Cloistered Cleric with the Trickery domain. We get 3 CR's worth of pokes unless you're a Pokemaster, right?
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

It's less than character level, so CR 2 maximum. (Frank's) Bard already has an alternate class feature Pokemon version linked from the first post, or if you want to play a cloistered cleric you can ask Prak to write an ACF for them.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yep, I screwed up. I thought it was CR=Pokemaster(/ACF'd class) Level. That's on me.

I'd rather keep it to non-fullcasters, since if nothing else it feels too powerful to let a full caster PC have a pokemon. If you really wanted to play a cleric, I'd have to figure something out, but the trade off may be Sorcerer spell progression.

I'm going to look back through everyone's pokemon, but if everyone could check for themselves and see if I let a pokemon through based on my mistaken memory, that would be a help.