What I made/What the DM saw/What I played

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

What I made/What the DM saw/What I played

Post by Prak »

Stealing a thread from GItP here. To quote military wisdom, no plan survives contact with the enemy.

Basically, what you made, what the dm thought you made, and what you wound up playing.

So, my character from the last time I got to play D&D, Ran

What I Made:
What the DM saw:
What I Played:
Explanation: I rolled up a drow wizard, pretty straight forward. Except we started in a prison scenario, not knowing how long it would take to escape. So I started taking meat from fallen enemies to be rations. Strangely, the paladin was cool with this, since it's not like we were killing them for the purpose of eating them. This continued, with me picking up ranks in Profession Butcher and Craft Cooking at level up, and I kept a running total of how much people jerky I had. When we got to a town, I bought a cart, got it outfitted with a stove and a counter, and basically made Faylia's first food truck. Because I'm a culinary nerd.

I mean, I was dealing with dark forces and being a wizard too, it's just that my downtime was often spent making sandwiches and selling them out of the cart.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

From a game someone made where they did a quick "d20 superheroes" thing, using classes but spending points on powers:

What I Made:
What the DM Saw:
What I Played:
Hailing from the future Soviet Union, I named her Pjesdri, which is just "Russianising" PS3. Her arm could come off at the elbow to reveal a machinegun, and by making the key turn fast she could accelerate. She was pretty comedic, especially with making great disguises yet forgetting about the fucking key sticking out of her back.

Usually when I'm being lazy and basing my character off an existing character (Bayonetta, Lord Zetta (book form), Yugi, Zhuge Liang, Nurse Valentine), I make no pretence about it - everyone knows what I'm playing. But that game started with me thinking "cyborg", but Nichijou has infected my brain, and when one of the other players decided to be my character's maid, with the note that my character was not aware she was also a member of the superhero team... I realised things were going to be silly.
Last edited by Koumei on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

What I Made:
What the DM Saw:
What I Played:
Tiefling Magus:

The character was in a wizardry academy, then the war started and his wealthy family said "come home" and he said "no". So he enlisted and the game was starting about raids that threaten the new cease-fire. He was going to be on bad terms with his family and still wanting to learn but disliking the university.

The DM saw the 5 charisma that he had as a character who doesn't like social interaction and thought that he'd be a total ass.

I played a somewhat disaffected and sardonic badass who liked direct solutions.
Last edited by TiaC on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

What I made/DM Saw/Played:

I keep things simple.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

What I made
What the DM saw
What I played
I was playing Exalted as the Infernal Scourge. The character was an assassin, pro-humanity anti-theistic person. He was intended to be a calm and slightly sarcastic, operating through speed and precision. What actually happened is that through the herpderping of another player I ended up hijacking a random rebellion against the government and turning it against the church, and then, in the next city, hijacking that player's cult and using it to start a riot as a cover-up for an assassination.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

What I Made:
What the DM (And other players) Saw:
What I Played:
Rainbow Warsnake, raised by couatls in the "Dracocracy", trained for war magic in an academy that prides itself on battlemages. The world had a series of religions, which I was planning to stay out of but the DM said he'd appreciate if I made the character a Naturalist (Dracocracy-focused religion - basically, stereotypical druids, living in harmony between nature and civilization, with an eye towards the former).

So... we had our first encounter, hammered down some bandits trying to ambush our cart, and in the aftermath after the last one surrendered, I intimidated him with cannibalism. He pissed his pants and ran, and my character went and started butchering the other now-dead bandits, promising a feast by the time they reached their destination.

The game didn't survive the announcement of seeming cannibalism. I even started with the elf-corpse!
Last edited by RelentlessImp on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.