Is Total Eclipse any good?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Hicks
Duke

Is Total Eclipse any good?

Post by Hicks »

Exactly what the title says: is this RPG any good? I'm not gonna pay actual money for a product I will never actually use until I read a review I can trust, and I trust the den more than anybody else on tabletop RPGs.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

"Any good" looks too subjective, specially in this hobby. If you say the style of play and the kind of games you like perhaps the task gets easier.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Total Eclipse got a little bit of looking at Here. Didn't get a lot of looking at, because it seemed to be a gibbering grognardy mess.

-Username17
Krusk
Knight-Baron

Post by Krusk »

Your opinion on this statement should tell you if this is for you or not.

"Over time the bliss of the early RPGs began to fade. Rulebooks began to look like textbooks on advanced statistical analysis. Role-playing turned to roll-playing. The rule lawyers, munchkins, and mix-maxers began to dominate."
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Well that settles that; I was interested in the game because I remembered it associated with Dominions 3, but upon further examination the two games have very little in common except that they were both available at Shrapnel.
Last edited by Hicks on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made