Dragon Age

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

Blicero wrote:
Hiram McDaniels wrote:I just picked up DA:O, as I am perpetually an entire console generation behind and I'm only now working through all the PS3 games I missed.

Here's my question: Is the coercion skill worth taking? I know it adds the persuade and intimidate options to dialogue, but I'm wondering if that's just window dressing or if it's like Mass Effect where you're skull fucking yourself if you don't have the social win options?
Coercion is pretty useful yeah. It's probably not as central as it is in Mass Effect, but it's more important than it is in (e.g.) KotOR.
Ah. I was hoping I could skip it. Dual-Wield Rogue it is then.
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

My brother-in-law stopped by over the holidays, and I invited him to try DA:O when he had a bad case of insomnia. After he left I took another look, and discovered that my copy came with an expansion pack.

So while I've been on leave I took my warden commander through Awakenings. Oghran was my bro, a familiar face in the cast, but the way he kept hitting on my little sister Sigrun got uncomfortable. The game didn't give me a chance to call him out on it.

At one point you get captured and they take your stuff. We break out, and guards come around the corner. I thought, "Oh crap! I don't have my armor or staff! Hmmm... oh yeah, my guy's actually an arcane warrior and doesn't need them to cast spells." So with *cone of cold, mind blast, hand of winter* I solved that problem and felt compelled to come here and share.
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.