The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Dragon Age
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Longes wrote:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's also not true. He actually was kicked out for delievering messages for mages, and was spending his retirement helping the apostates escape the templars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the way, I had the same can't update because of the soundtrack problem as Count. The soundtrack queued to download but didn't. I cancelled the download and everything worked, even managed to download the soundtrack without issue later.

Also had a freeze bug in the cutscene after the bossfight in the mage recruitment quest. Changed the dialogue choices I picked before the freeze and it went away.
_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My updating issue went away, I opened Origin and it started downloading the sountrack and preorder stuff. I am not sure what I did though.
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

name_here wrote:
Also had a freeze bug in the cutscene after the bossfight in the mage recruitment quest. Changed the dialogue choices I picked before the freeze and it went away.


I have occasional freezing in cutscenes and on the wartable. I suspect that that's because of the PC overheating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking Dagna might replace Sigrun as mai waifu...
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient elven gods are dicks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List


_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The King of Dragon Pass dude is right. Besides everything else about elven gods, they also installed tile puzzles in their temples. Tile puzzles!. I'm half tempted to just let Coriphephus win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Incidentally, I have come to suspect Hawke is secretly a Disaster Demon, because he's responsible for the apocalypse in four different ways. He brought up the cursed idol from the Deep Roads expedition, he kept the Qunari from conquering Kirkwall and short-circuiting the mage rebellion, he didn't murder Anders until it was too late, and he totally fucked up in the Legacy DLC. Admittedly, if the Qunari had conquered Kirkwall it's likely some form of apocalypse would be in progress, but still.
_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For bonus points, Hawke's mysterious disappearance was actually him hiding in a cave for five years. If he wasn't doing that, and if Varric told Cassandra where Hawke is, the Inquisition would have begun five years earlier, with Hawke as the Inquisitor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maxus
Overlord


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7630

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Legacy DLC? How was Hawke supposed to know that Corypheus could move to another body on death, like an Archdemon?
_________________
He jumps like a damned dragoon, and charges into battle fighting rather insane monsters with little more than his bare hands and rather nasty spell effects conjured up solely through knowledge and the local plantlife. He unerringly knows where his goal lies, he breathes underwater and is untroubled by space travel, seems to have no limits to his actual endurance and favors killing his enemies by driving both boots square into their skull. His agility is unmatched, and his strength legendary, able to fling about a turtle shell big enough to contain a man with enough force to barrel down a near endless path of unfortunates.

--The horror of Mario

Zak S, Zak Smith, Dndwithpornstars, Zak Sabbath. He is a terrible person and a hack at writing and art. His cultural contributions are less than Justin Bieber's, and he's a shitmuffin. Go go gadget Googlebomb!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm starting to suspect that Solas is more than just an apostate mage. He knows too much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am intrigued by Blackwall. I just completed...

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.


Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His quest is right after the Adamant, so you are about to know him better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually having issues with party member's personal quests not triggering. I've heard it was a common issue that's being patched.

Also, there are markers for the other two specialization trainers on my map even though I've already completed the quest. Again, probably something they will patch later. I may not pre-order a game again. The game is good but I feel like I would have a more polished product if some time had passed, all I would be missing is the pre-order items that I have already outgrown at level 12...
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suspect that personal quests trigger depending on your relationship with the party member, so if it never got particularly good or bad - it might not trigger. That's a pure speculation though.

Varric's personal quest has absolutely the best, very heartwarming afterquest skit out of all. Do it as soon as you can. If memory serves me, the quest is called "Well shit".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have determined that the balancing factor for Knight-Enchanter is that it requires dicking around in that fucking swamp.

But then I went and mind-sworded a dragon to death after respeccing. Much is forgiven.
_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I kind of liked the swamp. I didn't like Knight Enchanter until I got a feel for the distance of the mindblade or whatever it's called (You can't be too close or too far away or your character will fidget around and spend way too much time getting positioned). Also had problems near the end of the adamant fight where...


Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Also, it might be that I haven't completed Blackwall's relic quest either, but EA has admitted that a few of the companion quests are bugged and need to be patched (a lot of things can prevent Dorian's from triggering, to give an example. I restarted after burning through like 20 respec amulets until I found a build I mostly liked for everyone and now I can't help Dorian with his daddy issues...)
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't finish Blackwall's fetch quest either, because fetch quests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only part I liked about Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts is Sera's introduction. Everything else was shit. Everything is based around pulsing on every single little spot to find dozens of invisible objects. I gave up trying to get everything and pushed on through, because even the walkthroughs neglect to mention where all the little fucking pieces of crap are.

YMMV, of course, but piddly shit like that pisses me off.
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.


Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Wicked Eyes would have been much better, if BioWare had Obsidian sized balls to make a purely dialogue based level with no combat at all.

Invisible objects are actually unimportant. The only thing you get from the rumors and coins is extra court approval, and that is easy to raise to 100 even without them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I needed a bit of a boost though, I got -15 for being Tal-vashoth. I still ended up with 77 though (mostly because I got lost in the garden and spent too much time dicking around in there).

But I agree, the whole sequence would have been better if it had all been dialogue based with no combat.
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.


Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damnit, stop removing my facepaint when helmets are taken off or hidden.I wanted to attend the ball with it on. Hell, all the actual nobles are wearing masks.

Also, I brought Cassandra in the hopes that her family connections would be helpful. I may possibly be an idiot.
_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.


Last edited by name_here on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not sure if bringing party members makes a difference. I brought Cassandra, Solas, and Sera.
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group