The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Dragon Age
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cassandra, Cole and Dorian. You get an extra bit of dialogue with them during the party. The later dialogues imply that everyone was at the party, not only the people you brought
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So yeah, I'm soloing dragons now that eat Iron Bull and Cassandra/Blackwall in one hit now.
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've finished up Adamant, which had the soundtrack accompanied by the rythmic smack of palm against forehead.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


The post-mission judgement section was pretty satisfying, though.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I made the same judgment, because fuck that guy. Even Cole says he's "just an arsehole".
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same. If I don't get to do cruel and unusual punishments, then what's even the point of the game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prak
Serious Badass


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 16117

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pissing off whiny MRAs because gay and female characters have more romance options than straight male ones?
_________________
Dean, on Paranoia wrote:
The book is a hardbound liars paradox.


Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.


FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
Also, I question whether one of his personal quests is topical or pandering:


I think I'm gonna go with "pandering". At no point in any of the games did anyone say a single thing about homosexuality (an option which both Warden and Hawke had) or women "acting like men" (Aveline, Cassandra, femWarden and femHawke). Yes, Cassandra has a clear romantic side, but she is hiding it, so as far as the whole world (and Varric) concerned, there's no real difference between her and Krem. We can attribute everything to Tevinter being the evil empire of evil, but still. Prior to this discussions we never saw those issues actually existing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was starting to like Sera a bit more, so I decided to try to romance her. I now hate the moody asshole now. Here's a list of things that piss Sera off:

1. Making good decisions in regards to how the inquisition is run.

Yeah, that's basically it. She gets pissed off at everything I do, so fuck her. Next character, I romance Iron Bull.
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.


Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said before, Sera's main emotion is "RAWR! NOBLES! SERA SMASH!" She doesn't care about politics, so when you have to actually interact with people in a sensible manner she gets pissy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so I beat the game.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
Okay, so I beat the game.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had the mage knowledge perk and knew more about the well than Morrigan did and explained in great detail why her idea was bad and she should feel bad. So yeah, I was like "you first". And "Geas" rhymes with "gas". I literally had no idea.
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.


Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maxus
Overlord


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7630

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought it was "Gees".

Like...Geese with z sound on the end.
_________________
He jumps like a damned dragoon, and charges into battle fighting rather insane monsters with little more than his bare hands and rather nasty spell effects conjured up solely through knowledge and the local plantlife. He unerringly knows where his goal lies, he breathes underwater and is untroubled by space travel, seems to have no limits to his actual endurance and favors killing his enemies by driving both boots square into their skull. His agility is unmatched, and his strength legendary, able to fling about a turtle shell big enough to contain a man with enough force to barrel down a near endless path of unfortunates.

--The horror of Mario

Zak S, Zak Smith, Dndwithpornstars, Zak Sabbath. He is a terrible person and a hack at writing and art. His cultural contributions are less than Justin Bieber's, and he's a shitmuffin. Go go gadget Googlebomb!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's usually read as "Gis" or "Gais". That word is very confusing.

Mage knowledge doesn't actually make you know more than Morrigan. You are just not as rash, and sense obvious danger from placing yourself under the will of a thousand dead elves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like my interpretation better.
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 10156

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, Longes and Count, what are your final thoughts on the game? No spoilers, plz, unless it's something that we very much need to know. Like a dead-end build or if the game pulls a Chrono Cross.
_________________
Josh Kablack wrote:
Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longes
Prince


Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked most of it. The main plotline is solid, the characters are likable, the music is good and the game is fun to play. But. The sidequests are fucking terrible. Pretty much everything unrelated to the main plotline is a soul crushing grind. I skipped most side areas in Act 2 and 3, and don't regret my decision. It's just incredibly immersion breaking when everyone talks about your time being precious and you being a busy Inquisitor, but then you get a quest to deliever flowers to someone's grave, or hunt down ten rams (who don't even attack you). I'd write it down to some Jesus metaphor and Inquisitor being down with the common folk, but it's just tedious.

Overall, I don't regret the money I spent on the game. I like it less than 2, but more than 1.

P.S. another bit of right hand not knowing up whose ass the left hand is comes in one of the Iron Bull's skits. He dresses you as a common soldier, and takes you to meet some other soldiers, and listen their oppinion on the Inquisitor. Big deal is made out of the fact that common people don't know your face, and you are an ideal to them, rather than a flesh and blood being.
Except every other person in the game does know that you are the Inquisitor. Even the Dalish elves camping in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. But your own soldiers can't recognise you. Blegh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OgreBattle
King


Joined: 03 Sep 2011
Posts: 5075

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard it's quite similar to Suikoden II, especially with the army building portion of the game.

Is there also anything like "leading armies on the field of battle" in DA3?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately not. I mean, your army shows up during important big fights and it seems to be affected by your choices, but there's no proper mass combat minigame.
_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Count Arioch the 28th
King


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 5654

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They nerfed Knight enchanter already. Spirit Blade doesn't trigger spell combos anymore. >Sad
_________________
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah well, that wasn't really all that important anyway.

Honestly the real balance issue is that the barrier generation is too high. I think when they decided on a value to set it to, they forgot that you can continuously spam a 300% of weapon damage attack that ignores armor and is rarely resisted.
_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I'm up to the quest with the WARNING: No turning back notification, and have decided that before taking that on I'm going to do companion quests and gather enough material to give myself a top-end dragonbone staff. I've done Varric's and Dorian's so far and have opinions.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Archmage Joda
Knight


Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, I just got Dragon Age 2 for my xbox 360 (yes, I know it's on origin on PC, no, I'm not going to get origin, fuck that), and I was wondering if you guys had any tips to pass on, particularly for a mage PC?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
name_here
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 3341

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lots of things to watch for. One big one is that in very nearly every fight, a bunch of assholes will teleport in halfway through to attack you from behind. Usually at least twice.

Also, your dispelling and casting-disruption powers work on any kind of buff. This is valuable later in the game when enemy commanders like to buff everyone on the field.
_________________
DSMatticus wrote:
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maxus
Overlord


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 7630

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a also a glitch on the 360 (that I know of) that prevents you from recruiting one of the optional party members, the hot pirate woman. I suggest you check a wiki or something to make sure you don't miss out, unless you don't care.
_________________
He jumps like a damned dragoon, and charges into battle fighting rather insane monsters with little more than his bare hands and rather nasty spell effects conjured up solely through knowledge and the local plantlife. He unerringly knows where his goal lies, he breathes underwater and is untroubled by space travel, seems to have no limits to his actual endurance and favors killing his enemies by driving both boots square into their skull. His agility is unmatched, and his strength legendary, able to fling about a turtle shell big enough to contain a man with enough force to barrel down a near endless path of unfortunates.

--The horror of Mario

Zak S, Zak Smith, Dndwithpornstars, Zak Sabbath. He is a terrible person and a hack at writing and art. His cultural contributions are less than Justin Bieber's, and he's a shitmuffin. Go go gadget Googlebomb!


Last edited by Maxus on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group