[Dom4] WhoIsLeft - Game (w)On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

My empire makes like 1500 gold a turn right now. Don't have the game in front of me, but I think I've got 20ish provinces, with moderately beneficial dominion. Haven't been counting pop, but my economy is still going alright.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I'm somewhere between 10 and 30 provinces and earning somewhere between 1000 and 3000 gold. For Burden of Time references.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I got a Robe of the Magi from an event this turn. Luck scales can be ridiculous sometimes.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Mind passing that off to me? I need it to beat C`tis.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

:tongue:
All right, what can you give me that C'tis isn't already? Cause C'tis happens to be giving me quite a few gems every turn, you know. Sometimes I think they're getting a pretty bad deal, what with my laissez faire approach to generalship and civil administration.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Hahahahaha. Yeah, I'm just waiting for the hammer to drop. Eventually I'm sure it will.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Laika, benevolent Goddes of T'ien Ch'i would like to formally announce the cancellation all treaties, Non-Aggression pacts and agreements with regards to hostilities towards other nations. Any timed agreements will run their usual course, however from this point the Imperial Bureaucracy considers no nation an ally and all nations enemies in the struggle for the Throne of Heaven.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Awww shit.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Uh, at the moment, who's still playing/who's staling? Also, Red_Rob, which turn is your post from February 17th? I don't want to start attacking you early. Avoraciopoctules, you still around?
Last edited by Ikeren on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Admin page says that nobody's staled in the last 5 turns.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Ikeren wrote:Uh, at the moment, who's still playing/who's staling? Also, Red_Rob, which turn is your post from February 17th? I don't want to start attacking you early.
I declared the cancellation of NAP's on turn 49. Giving three turns of no attacks takes it to turn 51, so orders can be given on turn 51 for attacks on turn 52 by my reckoning.
Simplified Tome Armor.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Cheers, thanks.

Also, cool on the admin page. I didn't realize that info was there. It's been so quiet here, I sorta just guessed someone vanished. We don't have nearly enough smack talk.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Ikeren wrote:Uh, at the moment, who's still playing/who's staling? Also, Red_Rob, which turn is your post from February 17th? I don't want to start attacking you early. Avoraciopoctules, you still around?
I'm taking my turns, but I'm not spending a lot of time on them. Might be an interesting gimmick coming out of my forts in a few turns, though.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I'm hoping gold loss is causing mass desertion by now and screwing up your plans.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I've still got a gold surplus. Recruiting fewer mages, though. And my new soldiers are all city guard.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Some nasty bugs to watch out for with the latest patch:

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4 ... s-416-bugs

Particularly it appears alchemising can trigger a cheat detection warning and maybe even delete the gems you created. Also they might have borked remote attack spells whilst fixing Horrors.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I haven't noticed any alchemising removing gems, but I've mostly done it in smaller numbers.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

This post was meant for the other game thread.
Last edited by Ikeren on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

It told me I staled because my .2h file was too old. So if you tried to respond to the second .trn, you get told that the files don't match, and if you actually responded to the first .trn, you get told that the files don't match after they failed to process. Infuriating.

I'm willing to keep going and hope everything has managed to synch up again, but this is not encouraging.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Whoops, I accidentally posted in the wrong thread.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

I'm waiting for the mini-patch due out in a few days that will resolve some of the worst bugs in the latest patch before sending my turn.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I submitted my turn before the hotpatch. Bad idea?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Possibly, but probably not. I'm pretty sure the problems take place in the turn's processing, and it will only matter what version of the program the Llamaserver is using.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

So it looks like Sceleria vs Ermor and T'ien Ch'i vs Ashdod is how things are shaking out. Ermor has a worrying amount of Thrones given how many are currently unclaimed.

Also, who's been sitting on The Ultimate Gateway all game and why haven't they won already?
Simplified Tome Armor.

Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

T`ien Ch'i vs Ashdod might be pretty one sided, since most of my armies were engaged with C`tis, and I totally thought some things would be sufficient that weren't, by a mile.