Vanilla

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

codeGlaze
Duke

Vanilla

Post by codeGlaze »

phpBB 2 is showing it's age.
Reading it on a mobile device is sort of a pain in the ass. (I started taking steps to fix that... but I get distracted easily. Lots to do. )

I ran across Vanilla Forums and thought it was pretty sleek.

It's open source.
It has conversion/export/import capabilities.
It's supported and in it's second version life cycle.

There is also a cloud-hosting option if the server owner would rather do that.

So... FBMF, Dennizens... thoughts?
Last edited by codeGlaze on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

I like it fine. Mobile could be nicer, but most of my reading/posting is from mobile already, and the biggest problem is typos.

Either way though, there's basically only two people whose opinions matter on this topic.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.