Kaelik Priest [Tome of Virtue]

Post by Kaelik »

Kaelik Priest
"Please [God]. Please [God] don't fuck me up today."

Hit Die: d6
Base Attack Bonus: 1/2
Good Saving Throws: All Good.
Skill Points: 6+Int
Class Skills: Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Wis), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Religion)(Int), Perform (Cha), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Cha), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Tumble (Dex), UMD (Cha)
Level:Abilities:
1:Priest Casting (Prayer), Worshipping a God
2:Priest Casting (Touch)
3:Priest Casting (Domains)
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:

Proficiencies: A Priest is proficient with Light Armor, Shields, Simple Weapons, and the Favored Weapon of their Diety.

Spellcasting Interaction: A Priest has a Caster Level equal to their character level unless it is buffed by something, and the saving throws caused by their spells are always DC 10+1/2 character level+Cha mod, unless an item or something changes it. All of a Priest's spells are considered Divine, and they can qualify for presitge classes that rely on Divine Spellcasting and progress all their Priest casting with those Prestige classes. Metamagic feats increase the spell level for the purpose of praying for spells and modified spells don't count as a different spell for the purpose of your god refusing to grant spells.

Worshipping a God: A Priest has to pick a specific existing diety that isn't them in the setting to worship, instead of a concept or themselves. They probably want this Diety to have some listed Domains. If you piss off your god in some dumb fuck way they can stop granting any prayers until you atone. This should only ever come up if it's fun and cool, and is not a balance mechanic.

Priest Casting (Prayer): A Priest can spend two full round actions to pray to the diety they worship for intervention. There's a 50% chance at the end of this out loud prayer that they cast the spell they choose at the beginning of the prayer and can make all the decisions about how it goes into effect on the start of their third turn. This is functionally very similar to a 2 full round casting time spell in how it interacts with the world in terms of concentration, interruption, targetting, ect. The only differences are they can't reduce this action cost by any means because any feat or ability that would reduce the action cost pisses off the diety in question, and that there's a 50% chance they get literally nothing instead of the spell.

A Priest can pray for spells from the Cleric list that are of a level equal to half their Priest level rounded up (the level a Cleric can normally cast that spell for the first time).

If a Priest prays for a spell and their god does not grant it, then they can't pray for that spell again until the next sunrise.

Priest Casting (Touch): A Priest can spend two full rounds praying for one of their hands to be imbued with a touch spell. Any time they touch any valid target with that hand (including themselves) it casts the spell on the target. This is limited to once per round per hand. Each hand can hold a differnt spell imbued in it. If a Priest begins praying in a new imbued spell then the old one disappears. This praying is subject to the same 50% failure rate as other prayers at the imbuing stage, but once imbued the casting has no special failure rate and lasts until replaced.

The only limit to what spells can be imbued is that you have to be able to Pray for it normally and it has to be Touch Range.

Priest Casting (Domains): At level 3 Prayers for spells on the Domain List of any Domain your god grants have no failure chance anymore. Also if a spell is on one of the Domains granted by the god you worship at a level you can cast, but is not on the Cleric list, you can still Pray for it using either of your prayer types.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Mioor
NPC

Re: Kaelik Priest [Tome of Virtue]

Post by Mioor »

Is this a repost? I remember the old one has domain spells and such
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Re: Kaelik Priest [Tome of Virtue]

Post by Kaelik »

Mioor wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:52 pm
Is this a repost? I remember the old one has domain spells and such
I'm unaware that I ever wrote a class like this.

Do you mean the kaelik cleric?

I made up this casting system the day I posted this because foxwarrior complained that there were no unique. Casting mechanics for the cleric list like the spirit shaman for the druid list or various wizard list things.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.