Disgaea Gear V: Motherbase management

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Disgaea Gear V: Motherbase management

Post by OgreBattle »

I got to the part of Disgaea 5 where you take prisoners and get them to work on your support teams to enhance yourself in battle, or send them to explore dangerous netherworlds.

Man that's a lot of fun. Item Worlds are also a fun way to get those last few levels you need to clear a story battle.

The character boards are also a fun minigame.

This game is just fun upon fun inside of fun you can travel into to level up the fun levels.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I have Disgaea 5, but not a PS4 yet. So I have a lot to look forward to there. One of the others (Disgaea 4?) let you capture prisoners but it didn't play a big role - just bullying them into telling you where you can find special rare treasure in existing maps, or into joining your team.

But I do like the stuff they add to each game for base management.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

I beat this game about a month ago. The story is not as good as Disgaea 4's but its solid. I like the quest system and the other netherworld discovery system.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Leress wrote:I beat this game about a month ago. The story is not as good as Disgaea 4's but its solid. I like the quest system and the other netherworld discovery system.
I'll have to check out 4 too, but there's so many new games released this month...

But yeah I really like Killia 'cause he's basically my OC from teenage years, down to eating all the time and the way he sits while eating with chopsticks.

Necrololi is also a vile person and I desire revenge for Toto Bunny
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Leress wrote:The story is not as good as Disgaea 4's but its solid.
That sounds right. As far as I can tell, each game has a slightly weaker plot and better mechanics. Because they are comedy games, having a laughable plot isn't super bad.

Although when they re-make the game for a portable system, they usually kludge in whatever the newest mechanics were, so you can have some time savings if you want to spend the 10's/100s of hours grinding to beat the 15 minutes of post-game "hidden" boss fights.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

...and meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Steam's other Disgaea ports while NIS drags their feet.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Hell, I'm still mad that Disgaea: Netherworld Unbound was cancelled.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

A Prinny game like that traveling frog game would be great
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

OgreBattle wrote:A Prinny game like that traveling frog game would be great
What "traveling frog" game?
]
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Leress wrote:
OgreBattle wrote:A Prinny game like that traveling frog game would be great
What "traveling frog" game?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-42871181

From the creators of Neko Atsume!
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

I finally got Disgaea 5 on sale because it's the only one of the 3 on the PC I hadn't seen any portion of yet.

That prinny that does 50k damage that you get free right out of the gate (from the DLC store) is a bit excessive for early-game, and probably worthless late game. I killed Red Magnus in Overload mode, but didn't get anything because the explosions are environmental kills, not mine. I kind of want to go back and try again to get the shard of power or whatever, but also have other things to do in-game. I haven't even bothered to start grinding hospital prizes early. I think looking at the storyline as a tutorial for when you start doing item world dives makes it easier to have an attitude of just having fun with the systems, and not caring if you miss stuff.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Is there a guide to how the research things works? Is success/death based on levels, stats, a random roll? I couldn't find a guide anywhere that was anything more than "you can get good weapons here on rating 40 carnage netherworlds".