[IC]Back to Basics

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Wait," Gilles whispers to Atani and Xaxus, "This is a Crypt Thing, the same creature that teleported us before. It may not be hostile. If we don't attack it, I think we can just go past it."
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Well, then Xaxus waits in a non-threatening manner so as to prevent the Crypt Thing from doing anything.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The creature moves forward in an inhuman rush of speed, bony claw-like hands ripping at Atani's face. [3 points of damage]
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Command Undead at once!
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Crypt Things are immune to turning.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

...Scythe time then. Flanking, if possible.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Gilles will reach for the shortsword in the chest (if at all possible) and attempt to backstab the Crypt Thing.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Right, since it's immune to non-magic weapons, I'll flank with the Gilles while he backstabs with the magic shortsword. Even though I can't do damage, I can get him a +2 to hit I suppose.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Ill draw a sword and shield. My blade is only good for angering the monster so ill sacrifice my attacks to parry its blows. (If my understanding of the rules is right that should buff my AC by 3, hopefully that and the shirt might let me live through another hit)
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Gilles rips the magic short sword from the small chest, which falls apart from the force of the blow. Water and black pearls splash onto the floor. Embedded on the shortsword and trying to claw at Gilles is a zombie elf infant, its flesh a deep blue, its little fingers webbed and tipped with claws, with teeth like a piranha and gills below its pointed ears. It's eyes are jet black.

Atani draws his weapons, and desperately parries the Crypt Thing's next attacks as Xaxus readies his scythe. Tim hurriedly runs up next to Xaxus, carrying a flaming sword. "I'm here! What do I do?" he says, very excited and, somewhat out of breath.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Assuming this creature is the result of some sort of funerary tradition, Gilles will try to figure out precisely what it is. If he thinks it's (relatively) harmless, he'll walk away from it to help Tim and Atani with the Crypt Thing. If he thinks it poses any real threat, he'll attack (and hopefully kill) the little creature before joining up.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

<Religion check: successful> Gilles believes that the cult that took over this temple to the Sea Mother was an offshoot of the main branch of the religion, consumed with funerary practices and necromancy; everything in the condition of the tomb so far points to a corruption of the original practices, which were brought so far inland (apparently) by malenti who had interbred with the Drow royalty of the ancient kingdoms...the ancient practice of dedicating children who showed the favor of the Sea Mother appears to have given way to infantcide, and preservation in a state of undeath...hence the small, malevolent zombie now embedded on the short sword, which seems to be no different than the earlier zombies you faced, albeit smaller. It is probably dangerous, if it gets loose, but it seems to lack reach.

(If Gilles attacks the critter, how does he choose to do so?)
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Assuming it's feasible, Gilles will twist the sword around and wrench it out of the undead baby, essentially gutting the little creature. He mutters a prayer to Blibdoolpoolp, hoping that slaying what appears to be a heretical little hellspawn will forgive any desecration Gilles and the party have caused by looting what was once one of the Sea Mother's temples. Assuming this all goes off without trouble, Gilles will head to help his fellows with fighting the Crypt Thing.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

"Attack the fucking thing!" Atani shouts in answer to Time question desperately parrying the claws of a creature that may be one swipe away from killing him.

(Also if a healer has a free action I'd love some urine rubbed over my wounds. I've gotten a taste for it )
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard swings the black mace at the crypt thing and readies his axe hand for a parry
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

If Xaxus is suddenly a third wheel in melee he'll step around and First Aid Atanai if he can do such a thing.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Putting one boot to it's little head, Gilles rips the short sword from the zombaby; the undead thing expires for the second and final time with a heart-wrenching wail. Unfortunately, that wail is echoed by similar high-pitched screams from the other small treasure chests loaded up in the chariot, which begin to burst apart as other baby zombies claw their way to freedom...

Tim, who is not proficient with swords even when they are not on fire, swings like gangly teenaged spastic at the space between Atani and the Crypt Thing, narrowly avoiding burning the elf's nose off. The Crypt Thing, for it's part, backs away from the fire - and straight into Flintbeard's magical hammer, which hits with a satisfying crunch.

Now slightly parted from the Crypt Thing, Xaxus comes up to Atani and sprinkles stinging unguents to the cuts on his face, which, despite everything, make him feel better (regain 2 hp).
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

"Tim! Hand me the blade, handle first god damn you, I'll try to finish it off before it does the same for me. Anyone else who can't hurt the Crypt thing try to kill those little abortions if they come for you!

If Tim can get me the sword I'll drop mine (or give it to him) and go at the Crypt Thing shield and flaming sword style. Hiyya! If not I'll keep parrying
Last edited by Dean on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Xaxus, if he is still outside the melee, will move around toward the zombabies, and attempt to Command Undead them. If any come under control, they will attack non-controlled ones as before.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Gilles nods at Atani, before joining him in fighting the Crypt Thing in melee. If at all possible, he'll try to attack it from behind, in order to provide Atani with flanking and (hopefully) Gilles with backstab.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard continues to whack away at the crypt thing with his black mace
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Tim tries and fails to hand the blade off elegantly, dropping it; however, Atani manages to drop his own sword and catch it (by the hilt!) Tim presses himself up against the wall as far from the Crypt Thing as he can get.

The Crypt Thing, meanwhile moves away from the fiery sword, backing off and taking a swipe at Flintbeard (-5 hp).

Xaxus' effort to command undead fails, and Gilles finds his path to the Crypt Thing cut off by a small swarm of zombabies, which crawl along the floor with inhuman speed, tiny sharp-toothed jaws clacking.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Atani will shout at the Crypt thing and come at it with everything he has trying to take it's attention and attacks off of Flintbeard.

"Keep trying Xaxus! If we have to split our attacks there's no hope for us!"
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Xaxus will attempt to Command Undead again.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Gilles will cut a path to the Crypt Thing through the zombabies as quickly and efficiently as possible. He'll stop hacking at them if it looks like Xaxus' plan to command them is working, in which case he'll just wade through them.