[IC]Back to Basics

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

If Flintbeard and Atani are out of melee with them, Gilles will turn around and fire at the enemy zombies. If they aren't, he'll ready a shot and wait for when they are.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

To Flintbeard Atani says "With you by my side I'm confident in our ability to cut through the rest of this horde, I retreat or advance by you. Move and I follow dwarf!"

Atani will back up Flintbeard in melee or at range as his keen tactical mind decides.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

OgreBattle wrote:
Ancient History wrote:so that three of the remaining zombies break off to attack elf and dwarf.
Would Atani and Flintbeard be fast enough to back off from the zombies approaching them, then fire off ranged attacks?
Maybe!
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard calls for backing off (on dry land, not towards water) and slinging ranged attacks at the zombies
Ancient History
Serious Badass

<many rolls later>

Your brave band of tomb-robbers adventurers draws back and lets fly the slings and arrows of bravery from a noble distance, only occasionally hitting one of your few remaining zombie servants, who after a few more blows (and bringing down yet another of the remaining enemy shamblers) finally fall, ripped to pieces by their fellow undead. The remainder are themelves swiftly cut down by slingstones and arrows, so that for a moment, all is so quiet that you can almost hear the wheels turning in Gilles' head as he wonders whether or not to retrieve his magic short sword from the chest.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huQoDlHmqrE

Flintbeard makes history and trap checks on the area and the corpse of the prince.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Atani celebrates! Then he stands around like a big dumb meat wall while the trap detectors do things that take actual skill. He'll investigate if the Pale Princes gold and mithril full plate is salvageable or of comparable size for himself, then he'll start playing with whatever gold he can get his hands on and excitedly planning aloud how to haul everything out
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Xaxus will attempt to recover any useful zombie parts that might be used as part of a later zombie construction, or perhaps strange plants or slimes growing anywhere in the room (Herbalism Check).
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Gilles will start checking the room for traps, as he did with the earlier chest. (Find Traps check). He'll motion for Flintbeard to help him double-check for traps, since he doesn't want to take any chances with the treasure they've fought so hard for.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Gilles and Flintbeard find no traps, although the dozen or so small casket-chests are all secured in the same manner by small pieces of bone. None of the rest of the treasure is secured, and much of it seems piled of carelessly.

Xaxus finds no plants or other growing things.

Atani believes he could fit into the Pale Prince's armor, however a quick survey of the tomb-chamber reveals there is far too much treasure for the party to carry - they would have to call in the workers to strip it from the walls and cart it all away.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Having satisfied himself by searching the room, Gilles will attempt to see if anything in particular among the heaps bears the markings of Kuo-Toa religious objects. (Religion check, possibly.)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

[Religion check] Gilles believes the small chests are not, in fact, treasure chests per se, but are offering-vessels to the Dark Mother, who treasured the souls of her worshippers above all else.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Atani will strap on the Mithril Armor.

"I say we take some handfuls of gold, the elixir of wort, and those offering chests and head back up to the surface. We can stop by the snake and deliver the elixer and ask him about the offering chests and if we should open them or not and then we can get the workers to head down here and cart all this loot out."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Very well," Gilles agrees.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

"Agreed"

Xaxus is careful to avoid touching the treasures while waiting for the others to be ready to leave the room. It's probably cursed in some un-detectable way.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

[So, Gilles is not going to withdraw the magic short sword from the chest, and nobody is going to open any of the chests? Just checking.]
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Before leaving, Gilles will cast detect magic on the chests. On the one with the magic shortsword stuck in it, he'll focus on the chest's aura (if any) rather than the sword's. If he doesn't detect anything, he'll attempt to pull the sword from it.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Each of the chests has a faint magic aura. Focusing on the chest with the sword stuck in it, Gilles believes it is the orange aura of necromancy.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

In that case, Gilles will wait to consult with the serpent before taking the sword. He doesn't want to risk a curse.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

No chest opening, just chest taking on the march back
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The chests are small, but hefty - and too many and cumbersome to carry them all. But you manage to find a gold-embossed chariot in one corner of the room, which you can stack the chests up on, with the one impaled by the sword on top.

The exit to the room is a single large door which, oddly enough, is locked from the inside by a stone-and-mithril mechanism designed like the wheel of a ship.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Turn it.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You turn the wheel - and with a hiss and a puff of dust, the door opens, swinging inward.

The corridor beyond is blocked by a hollow cube of stone, cracked like an egg. Standing within it is the veiled figure of a woman, dressed in an ancient shroud sewn with gold gems so the whole looks like mail, or the scales of a fish. At the sound of the door opening, she turns, and from beneath the shroud you see the features of a skull...
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Draw bow and arrow and begin to fire

"I'll take her charge. See if you can command her, if not I trust my new coat of armor and in melee we outnumber her. She's all that stands in our way now!"
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Xaxus will attempt to Command Undead exactly as suggested.