[LP] The Riddling Reaver!

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

[LP] The Riddling Reaver!

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

The Riddling Reaver is a four-part FF adventure, designed to be run something like an actual RPG, with a GM and 3-5 players. It was part of the first half-hearted attempt to try to turn FF into an actual RPG.

Any interest?
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

I'd be interested. We could all play characters from previous Let's Plays. I wouldn't mind being the dude with the forehead unicorn tattoo from City of Thieves.
Last edited by Dr_Noface on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Count me in.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

My vote for Blade Belmont von Alucard. Or Dirk von Dragoncock.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Feel free to pick out appropriate previous heroes, though you should probably go for generic ones without special skills or such, because the game doesn't really support such things. Also, one person can play as a magician, so hands up if you want that role; it's as likely to be comic relief as real ultimate power.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

I nominate Bajinga Ladyparts (SKILL 12, STAMINA 23, LUCK 11, possibly the most OP character rolled in the LetsPlays).
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Let me get this straight, each of us picks one of the previous LP characters as our PC?
In that case, hum... let's see... *browses previous LPs*... I nominate Willie Johnson, the Private Dick.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

I'll go with the magician, Manstaff Cockbeard.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Damn, I was hoping to snatch the magician role myself, but got beaten to it.

Anyway, I'm in, but I'll decide on my character name later.

Will you still be running the third Cretan Chronicle book at the same time?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Fuck, forgot to reserve my space in time.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Dirk's fine. Bajinga's fine. Willie's fine, but be aware his skills don't translate. Not having distinguishing abilities is one of the defining weaknesses of this iteration of the multiplayer game.

Manstaff's going to have to be altered to fit the magician template for the adventure, so this is either him before the Citadel (apprentice version), or him after the Citadel when he's let himself get out of practice because people won't stop buying him drinks.

Manstaff will look like: SKILL 10, STAMINA 14, LUCK 8, MAGIC 13. The MAGIC score is how many spells you can prep from the Spell Book at the start of each chapter, and what you must roll less than on 3d6 to cast successfully. Miscasts are intended to be amusing rather than directly harmful, though simply not getting the spell effect you want in a tight spot can be hazardous.

The Spell Book:
Creature Copy: Makes an exact duplicate of a creature you or your comrades are fighting, under your control. Lasts 3d6 minutes.
ESP: Reads a person's general frame of mind, not specific thoughts.
Fire: Creates fire, good for utility, or 1d6 damage, or a wall that burns for 3 damage if crossed. Lasts 3d6 minutes.
Fool's Gold: Turns ordinary rock into what appears to be gold. Substantially more reliable than the general illusion effect. Lasts 3d6 minutes.
Illusion: Creates a convincing illusion to fool a single creature. Immediately cancelled if its unreality is revealed, such as by a person falling through an illusory bridge.
Levitation: A single object or creature floats up and down under the wizard's control. Lasts 3d6 minutes.
Luck: Restore's an adventurer's LUCK by half its Initial value (round down).
Shielding: Creates an invisible, immobile shield in front of the caster, able to shield up to seven people from physical objects. Ineffective against magic and blocks in both directions. Lasts 3d6 minutes.
Skill: As Luck, except for SKILL.
Stamina: As Luck, except for STAMINA.
Strength: Increases the caster's strength to that of a Troll for purposes of a single feat of strength, such as bending bars or lifting a gate.
Weakness: Target suffers a 1d6 penalty to SKILL and STAMINA for one combat.
New Rule: Unconsciousness
An adventurer whose STAMINA reduced to 0 is merely unconscious and will wake up in 2d6 minutes with 1 STAMINA if not finished off before then. An adventurer whose STAMINA is reduced to -1 is mortally wounded and will not wake up on their own – spells and potions are the only way to revive them, as they cannot eat provisions. An adventurer whose STAMINA is reduced to -2 is really most sincerely dead.

Equipment
No matter what your fortunes may have been at last glance, each of you are currently in possession of:

One (1) sword, or axe, spear, whatever.
One (1) backpack.
One (1) coil of rope.
Ten (10) provisions.
Zero (0) potions.

Please confirm your choice of character and let me know if you have any questions before we begin.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

SGamerz wrote:Will you still be running the third Cretan Chronicle book at the same time?
Oh, hell no, I'm not subjecting people to that atrocity.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Fat and weak, what a disgrace
Guess the champ got too lazy
Ain't gonna fly now, he's just takin' up space
Sold his gloves, threw his eggs down the drain

In other words, I'm good with that iteration of Manstaff.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Willie's fine, but be aware his skills don't translate.
Yeah I know. I don't mind...

So if we die, there's no restore/rewind or anything, right? R.I.P. and all that?
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
SGamerz wrote:Will you still be running the third Cretan Chronicle book at the same time?
Oh, hell no, I'm not subjecting people to that atrocity.
"Two miles off the cretan harbour, Altheus and Ariadne drowned in a sea vortex that mysteriously appeared beneath their ship. Poseidon chuckled to himself and went back to his pesseia game. The end."

There, that's that.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Sirocco wrote:So if we die, there's no restore/rewind or anything, right? R.I.P. and all that?
Yep.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Is there space? 4 characters have been listed, and it looks like the max is five. If there is I think I'll play Dirk O'Killitwithfire. (Note: His LUCK increased to 12 after drinking a Potion of Fortune later in the LP. I don't know if that counts here.) Which means we have either 2 or 3 Dirks in the party, but I think that's representative of the LP characters as a whole anyways.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Since Darth named his character before me, he can have the spot if 5 is all we're allowed.

If there's still a spot open, I promise I'll decide on my character within the next hour. :P
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Nah, you reserved first. Which means I think you should get priority over me.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Oh come on, let's not break up the group!... Angel, even if there isn't space, can't you, I don't know, scale up +20% the encounter diffficulty?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Sure, why not.

• Dr. Noface as Dirk von Facestabber III, Titan's Most Sexually Secure Man.
• Starmaker as Bajinga Ladyparts, Timekiller.
• Sirocco as Willie Johnson, Private Dick and recovering Moonrunner.
• Silent Wayfarer as Manstaff Cockbeard, Falstaff figure.
• Darth Rabbitt as Dirk O'Killitwithfire.
• SGamerz as [surprise guest].
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Hmm.....decisions, decisions.......

I take it that we're limited to former FF campaign heroes? I can't be He-Man, can I? Or that awesome Avenger Ninja dude from Way of the Tiger?

.....yeah, guess not.

I know! I'll be Max Fightmaster XI, Champion of Thalos!

....wait, what you mean I don't get to ride in my kewl robots in this adventure? Bah!

Alright, I'm going to be the unstoppable marangha-transformed Creature of Havoc!

....what do you mean I have to be human in this one? And no Instant Death blows?? Dammit!

Okay, I guess I'll go with Sir Puppykicker, explorer of Scorpion Swamp and Slayer of Grimslade the Evil Wizard, who unfortunately has run out of Spell Gems by this time.
Last edited by SGamerz on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Mostly just waiting on Manstaff to pick his spells before we start.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Besides his forehead tattoo, Dirk also wields a deadly axe!
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I am disappointed that it is neither a dirk nor a silver arrow wielded like an icepick.