The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Kickstarter Shilling Thread (non video game projects)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Kickstarter Shilling Thread (non video game projects) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought we had one of these, but all I see is the video game KS thread in IGtMaC.

And this Calendar with puppy versions of D&D monsters clearly isn't a video game, but is the sort of thing a bunch of D&D nerds might want to back.

Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems you are correct. I could have sworn we had a non-video game one.

On a specific note about that one- oh my god, baby chimera are unreasonably adorable.

Also baby gryphons, but that's mostly because I learned to today that, generally speaking, ground birds are the ones with cute babies, while birds that fly a lot actually have the ugly nestlings.

edit: *sigh* I am justifying my pledge by saying I'm doing it instead of a current gen system this season. And because it'll be awesome.

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.

Last edited by Prak on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know how many people will care, given that this is a geographic project, but if anyone makes trips to Sacramento, or is just interested in helping some gamer entrepreneurs out, I found Save Point Tavern and sent a bit of money their way (and will be sending a resume too, if it funds).

I also found Zen Dice, some pretty cool zen themed d6s that make me wish monks were fucking viable:

And Wizard's Gambit, an arcane themed rpg dice set:

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
TOZ
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've recently backed this.
silva
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Spirit of 77 - a Funky 1970s Roleplaying Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monkeyfunstudios/spirit-of-77-a-funky-1970s-tabletop-role-playing-g

Mr. Green
ACOS
Knight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spirit of 77 wrote:

Spirit of 77 uses the Apocalypse World engine created by D. Vincent Baker

Now I know you're trolling us. Flames
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I clicked on this link earlier and was filled with the same self loathing that I have when I click on other stupid manipulative links. My subconscious is like "Erik would like this- hey hand: click that shit before his brain catches up and let's surprise him!"

"oh, a new game thread about some obscure game I don't know! *click* shit. A silva thread. Why didn't I see that?"
hogarth
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a cute idea that might be interesting for a one shot game. Not something I'd pay for though.
Lord Mistborn
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I predict this thread will meet a...

grizzly fate

Last edited by Lord Mistborn on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Wulfbanes
1st Level

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just find it hard to believe someone pledged 2500 dollars for that.
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Feng Shui 2nd Edition has a live campaign now.
TheFlatline
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trademarks aside I would have called it Grindhouse. It has more to do with the blaxploitation, chop socky, and skin flicks (SS Battle Nuns in Prison! Part 3!) than anything really to do with the 70's.

Then I would have added in abilities like Bad Editing, reused footage, and the infamous <MISSING SCENE>

BAD GUY: You're stuck in a pit slowly filling with burning gasoline! If the fire doesn't kill you the lack of air will! I'm going to enjoy this!

<MISSING SCENE>

GOOD GUY: I would have never thought to use Pubic Hair to get out of that kind of situation. Wow!
...You Lost Me
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why is the dead tree version $50? I'm more inclined not to back it and just print an online PDF.
Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:
I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
fectin
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had posted a couple of "products on spec" threads, because the initialism amused me.
Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/astrism/god-hates-charades-this-game-makes-your-friends-fu?ref=users

A cynical grab for that Cards Against Humanity money doesn't exactly instill a lot of faith in their ability to create compelling universes to roleplay in.
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That KS campaign misspells Jeff Goldblum's name, uses an un-ironic greengrocers' apostrophe and splits a link for no reason -- within the first four sentences of its pitch.

Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shouldn't this thread be in the Kickstarter shill thread?
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leress wrote:
Shouldn't this thread be in the Kickstarter shill thread?

No, actually it shouldn't have been moved. The prior two posts were derisively mocking an already closed KS campaign - which is pretty much the opposite of shilling.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ACOS wrote:
Spirit of 77 wrote:

Spirit of 77 uses the Apocalypse World engine created by D. Vincent Baker

Now I know you're trolling us. Flames

I don't know... quantum bears would make a Cannonball Run game very entertaining.

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

Last edited by Prak on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACOS
Knight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak_Anima wrote:

I don't know... quantum bears would make a Cannonball Run game very entertaining.

That could be hilarious.
That said, this could only be something that you play as one-shots on silly beer-n-pretzel nights
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ACOS wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote:

That could be hilarious.
That said, this could only be something that you play as one-shots on silly bear-n-pretzel nights

Fixed that for you. Clearly, Spirit of '77 needs to support bear man as an archetype.

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

ACOS
Knight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak_Anima wrote:
ACOS wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote:

That could be hilarious.
That said, this could only be something that you play as one-shots on silly bear-n-pretzel nights

Fixed that for you. Clearly, Spirit of '77 needs to support bear man as an archetype.

I can't believe I missed this Face Palm ....

either

or

Thumb Yellow
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking about making a quantum primates joke, but I'm much more amused by the idea of Spirit of '77 having Quantum Huggy Bears.

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

ACOS
Knight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak_Anima wrote:
I was thinking about making a quantum primates joke, but I'm much more amused by the idea of Spirit of '77 having Quantum Huggy Bears.

ROFL
Thumb Yellow
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, the Wizard's Gambit kickstarter has about four days left, and the creator dropped a pretty cool stretch goal. If the project hits $75k (it's at $48k now), everyone gets a free dice set.

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: