tome vampire

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Krusk
Knight-Baron

tome vampire

Post by Krusk »

Discussing the tome vampire on another forum. Not sure the protocol on linking to it, but the idea is not to get people to bash the other poster.

Basically here are the important bits from them.

For instance, they bitch and complain that WotC vampires don't suffer penalties for not feeding... then write a vampire of their own that explicitly needs to feed... but doesn't suffer penalties if they don't

only impose Fatigue. Something that undead as a type are still immune to, by virtue of their type, even with the Unliving subtype. (They get similar immunity both from their type and their nonability Constitution; the Unliving subtype changes the nonability Constitution but not the Undead type. For instance, Unliving creatures are still immune to effects that require Fortitude saves and don't work on objects.)

I do admit I forgot about unliving removing the immunity to nonlethal damage (because they used the archaic term "subdual" instead), but I did not forget that they're still immune to fatigue (meaning the only real limitation on undead feeding is how much nonlethal damage they can soak up - and how easy it is to get a way to heal that).

---

My answer

Which would make it lethal if they weren't immune to fatigue. Ill actually point that out and see whats up.

That could be expected though. They begin to accrue non-lethal damage until they pass out forever. Forever waiting for someone to drip a drop of blood on them so that they can recover. That seems pretty much exactly in line with vampires from enough stories that it could be intentional, although weird with that specific critique of WoTCs vampires.
--------------

Thoughts?
VinnyBoy
NPC

Post by VinnyBoy »

This adds the effect that more powerful vampires can go longer without feeding. Also, about the fatigue thing, its easy to add an exception to their immunity, claiming that not feeding explicitly give them penalties akin to fatigue or exhaustion.
Krusk
Knight-Baron

Post by Krusk »

VinnyBoy wrote:Also, about the fatigue thing, its easy to add an exception to their immunity, claiming that not feeding explicitly give them penalties akin to fatigue or exhaustion.
Yeah its an easy fix, but thats not really the question. The question is "Was this overlooked, or does it function as intended?"

Its easy to fix is not a great arguement that something isn't broken.
VinnyBoy
NPC

Post by VinnyBoy »

Oh, I think it was just an overlook then.
About the easy fix thing, I just thought that this tome vampire thing was a house rule or something, especially since its the homebrew place. Anyway, yeah, I think it was just an overlook thing.