[Let's Play] Fighting Fantasy 52 - Night Dragon

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

[Let's Play] Fighting Fantasy 52 - Night Dragon

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

The book cover:
From the back cover:
The Night Dragon must not awaken!

It is a creature of pure evil from before time existed, a Dragon so immense nothing will be able to contain it. Deep beneath the savage Dragon Reaches, it is sucking in powerful magical energy which will soon allow it to cross into this world. If it succeeds, all Allansia will be crushed beneath its claws!

Even the legendary Conclave of Dragons is powerless to stop the creature. A human hero is needed — a hero like YOU! Many monstrous adversaries are ranged against you, but along the way you may find ancient artefacts to help you in your quest. Ultimately, however, only extraordinary heroism will stand against the Night Dragon. Dare YOU accept the quest?
There's no fluff in the introduction section, and most of the contents are standard fare, but there are a few new sections on various game mechanics:

Honour:
Honour is a measure both of your unselfish readiness to help others, even if this delays you or puts you at some disadvantage, and of your readiness to forgo help offered you, which might imperial the person offering it.It is also a measure of your standing as a hero of your word, adhering to voluntary agreements you have made! You will have few opportunities to increase Honour during this adventure, and your Honour score starts at zero. Gaining Honour can have priceless value at the end of the arduous quest which awaits you. Just as you can gain Honour, you may also lose it by behaving in evil, unscrupulous or exploitative ways (and yes, Honour can go below zero!). Be at pains not to dishonour yourself, and keep track of your Honour score in the box provided on the Adventure Sheet.
Nemesis Points:
Certain people and forces will come to learn of your activities during your adventure. The more they learn of yoru activities, the more they wull fear you and try to strike you down. This is reflected in your Nemesis score, which begins at zero and should also be kept track of in the appropriate box on your Adventure Sheet. The higher this score climbs, the more desperately your enemies will try to thwart you - but also the more readily you will be helped by those who have no love of those enemies!
Magic:
During this adventure you mat find many magic items, although at first you will probably not be sure what they do! Such items may give you the ability to cast a magic spell or create a magical effect; if you find such an item, you will be instructed in its use in a particular paragraph. Finding powerful magic is a major goal of this adventure, so do your best to gain all that you can - but alas, you are also pressed for time and cannot tarry overlong.You will have to make hard choices about which magic items you try to obtain for yourself in this adventure.
Poison:
You are going to face some very evil opponents who will not hesitate to use poisoned weapons against you! Such weapons will inflict damage in addition to the usual Stamina loss caused by physical harm; this varies, depending how powerful the Poison is. You will be told how much damage you will sustain from poison separately from physical weapon damage; you lose Stamina points from both, of course - but if you are fortunate enought to acquire herbal preparations which counter poison, you will be able to use them either to avoid or heal damage by poison. Such herbal antidotes will not, however, prevent or heal the normal 2 points of Stamina loss caused by the physical effect of a weapon striking you.
Time Track:
This adventure is something of a race against time. You are not under intense time pressure, but you can't afford to waste it either. On the Adventure Sheet there is a Time Track box. At the start of your adventure, the score here is zero. You will be instructed in appropriate paragraphs when to add to this number. The higher it gets, the harder your final task will be, so be careful when you choose where to go and what to do during the arduous adventure which faces you!
Background:
"Beware Blacksand!" The words still ring in your ears. This is a city ruled by evil, full of thugs and rogues. Every new morning brings a slumped body in a back alley, its throat cut from ear io ear. Port Blacksand isn't a place anyone wants to stay in for long. You're here because a man you trusted whispered that a great challenge might be found here for you. You
live for adventure and great deeds, and your friend's expression told you that this was no trivial summons. Setting aside your dislike of Blacksand, you found yourself sitting in the Hemlock tavern in Clog Street until late into the night, waiting for a messenger who seemed never to come. It was long after the witching hour, with the tavern about to close for the night, when you were finally shown down to the cellars where a mysterious, robed guest was waiting. You drew your sword when you found that a Dark Elf awaited you, but the weary way he held up his hand and mumbled that he was not here to harm you made you draw back.

Now you listen to his strange tale. He speaks as if he does not have much time left to him to deliver it. "l have come from the far north, From the Dragon Reaches. A great and terrible enemy is growing even more powerful there, and he will come to threaten all Allansia if he is not overcome. My people have tried, but we are few in number and we could not even defeat the Stalkers protecting the monster. The sands of time run low. Only a great hero could hope to overcome the Night Dragon It is an ancient being, more powerful than the Old Ones. The Dragons themselves have said to me that even a mortal Dragon could not hope to scratch a single scale on the Ancient's hide."

An Ancient Dragon! Even a mortal Dragon is a terrifying enemy. How can you possibly hope to overcome one far more powerful than its mortal kin? A human would be destroyed with a single flick of such a monster's claws.

The Dark Elf sees your thoughts reflected in your eyes- There would be no hope at all, were it not for buried magic which the Dragons know of They say it could make a warrior powerful far beyond mortal limits, if the right person came lo take the sword, shield and armour of heroes of legend and face the Night Dragon. I sought for such a warrior for a long time; yours was the name I heard mentioned over and over again."

You are disbelieving, astonished by what the Dark Elf says. Suddenly he coughs violently and you see blood staining the handkerchief heholds over his mouth.

When he can speak again, there is a terrible urgency in his voice. "Listen, human. Dragons themselves have told me that when the creature awakens, his shadow will lengthen over all the land and his dreams of
carnage and slaughter will be a reality. They told me that the Night Dragon was within Death's army in the war of gods, before time came to Titan and brought the mortal race with it. Can you imagine how powerful this horror is becoming as it awakens? Never mind your arch-mages, necromancers, petty tyrants and despots. If the Night Dragon reawakens, they will be scattered like dust in the wind. As will you and I. There are signs already of his stirring from Dreamtime; his Stalkers have begun to roam the northern mountains - marauding reptile nightmares that they are. Fortunately, they are still few, and not yet as strong as they will become, else I would not be here."

You notice the heavy scars on the Dark Elf's arm as he gestures to emphasize the point, and your initial suspicion of him begins to evaporate. He continues beseeching your help.

"The Dragons say that they are bound by their own oath to Kilanirax, therr god and creator. This oath forbids any mortal Dragon to offer force to an Ancient One; should one so much as lift a claw against an Ancient, it would be struck down at once by a deadly curse. Thus they are forced to seek help from others. They are surely not indulging in lies or deceit; in the
Conclave, I saw a Dragon of each type Gold, Silver, White, Black, Green, Red. Only extraordinary circumstances could bring together a full Conclave; the Dragons of Law and Chaos have no love for each other. For them to meet means that a terrible danger must be at hand, as they say AlI I ask is that you travel to meet the Conclave of Dragons and hear what they have to say."

"Go north to the port of Rentarn, and there take a room at the Rudderless Galley tavern. Here - take this silver key and use it to admit yourself to the room there which has been readied for you. A messenger will meet you in the tavern and he will tell you how to find the Dragon Conclave. Look, I even give you the ten Gold Pieces you will need to pay for the sea
voyage there." For a moment, the Dark Elf almost grins, albeit painfully. "Although you could save some gold by taking the coast road, of course. Please. I only ask you to travel and listen."

How can you refuse? You take the silver key and the 10 Gold Pieces. The Dark Elf gets up and makes to leave, first telling you that you can sleep in this sale tavern tonight. He looks back at you with eyes dulled by pain, and his hands have a fine tremor you didn't see before. "l do not want my people to die, any more than you wish all the humans in this land to be slaughtered. If it has cost me my own life to find you, my people will remember me." He tums on his heel, coughing horribly, and limps out of the cellar.

You do not have pleasant dreams this night...

Tum to paragraph 1.
A dark morning sky glowers over Port Blacksand and a chill wind blows in from the Sword Coast. You can head for Lobster Wharf to find a ship bound for Rentarn (tum to 354), or leave the city by Weaver Gate to take the north coastal road there (tum to 212). You may prefer to buy some extra equipment first (if you wish to do this, turm to 65).
So yeah, decide.

Also, I automated most of the character generation, but there are a couple of decision I'll leave to you. Being a veteran adventurer, on top of the usual Skill 6+1d6, Stamina 12+2d6, Luck 6+1d6 trinity, we have 2 bonus points, which we can use to increase Skill or Luck by 1, or to increase Stamina by 2. We can't pump the same stat twice, nor can we boost Skill or Luck over 12.

Then again, given the stats I rolled, there is pretty much no choice other than to boost both Skill and Stamina, since Luck is 12. I've altered the stats accordingly.

Finally, we need a suitably badassful name for a badassful adventurer!
Nameless, the Hero

Skill 11
Stamina 22
Luck 12

Honour 0
Nemesis 0
Time Track 0

Gear:
Sword
Leather armor
Shield
Lantern
Backpack
12 Provisions
24 golds
Silver key
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
Mr Shine
Knight-Baron

Post by Mr Shine »

If there's an optional chance to buy equipment, there will be something we need there.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Dirk el Dragoncock will buy all the things.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Yep, let's look at the shopping list.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Re: [Let's Play] Fighting Fantasy 52 - Night Dragon

You can buy almost anything from the unscrupulous merchants of Port Blacksand, but your most likely purchases might well be:

Steel mirror (3 Gold Pieces)
Rope (1 Gold Pieces)
Longbow and arrows (4 Gold Pieces)
Glass bottle (1 Gold Pieces)
Spiked boots (4 Gold Pieces)
Ice pick (3 Gold Pieces)
Flask of liqueur (3 Gold Pieces)
Keg of beer (3 Gold Pieces)
Viewing lens (4 Gold Pieces)
Carved ivory polar bear (4 Gold Pieces)
Potion of Stamina (8 Gold Pieces)
Potion of Luck (5 Gold Pieces)

The spiked boots will be useful in walking on icy, slippery ground and the liqueur is invigorating and strengthening (regain 4 lost Stamina points when you empty the flask). The viewing lens helps you to see distant locations more clearly when you look through it, and it also acts as a magnifying glass. The ivory polar bear just catches your eye, you don't know whether it may be useful or not. The Potion of Stamina, when drunk, allows you to regain lost Stamina points equal to half your Initial score (round fractions up). The Potion of Luck, if drunk, allows you to restore lost LUCK points up to half your lnitial score (round fractions down) Potions and liqueur can be drunk at any time, except during combat. When you have decided what to buy, amend your Adventure Sheet accordingly; you must keep a minimum of 2 Gold Pieces for the journeys to come! Now you must Test your Luck. If you are Lucky, you get safely to Lobster Gate if you seek a ship (tum to 354) or to Weaver Gate if you're heading for Rentarn by road (turn to 212). If you are Unlucky, trrm to 77.
So, shopping! Also we got Lucky, so choose your route too.
Dirk el Dragoncock

Skill 11
Stamina 22
Luck 11/12

Honour 0
Nemesis 0
Time Track 0

Gear:
Sword
Leather armor
Shield
Lantern
Backpack
12 Provisions
24 golds
Silver key
Last edited by Silent Wayfarer on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'd go with the mirror, the rope, the bottle, the boots, the ice pick, and the polar bear. Which totals to 20 GP. Potions and booze aren't a big deal when we have 12 Provisions and great stats. The bow is tempting, and I could be convinced to switch out the boots or viewing lens for it.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Add the viewing lens to your list and I agree fully. (Or did you leave it out by accident?)
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

The rope and boots are obviously useful and most likely will be checked together, so buy them. I think the ice pick might be involved in a climbing check along with the boots and ropes too. With our stats I think we can leave the potions and liqueur, especially since the money is limited. The lens is another obviously quest item that's likely to be checked later, so is the polar bear that's been specifically mentioned in the text. I'm inclined to think the mirror and the bottles are red herrings, so I'll pick the bow and arrows over them. So my picks:

Rope (1 Gold Pieces)
Longbow and arrows (4 Gold Pieces)
Spiked boots (4 Gold Pieces)
Ice pick (3 Gold Pieces)
Viewing lens (4 Gold Pieces)
Carved ivory polar bear (4 Gold Pieces)

Which totals up to 20 gold.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

If nobody objects, I'll go with SGamerz's list, since it includes most of the stuff everyone has. How about route; will you go by Lobster Gate (sea route) or Weaver Gate (land route via Rentarn)?
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Weaver's Gate, since I generally before to have solid earth under my feet and would prefer the road to the ship.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Agreed.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Thirded.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

After leaving Port Blacksand far behind, days of determined marching bring you to the small village of Marzail, just over half-way lo Rentarn. You must eat three meals from your supply of Provisions during this time and add 6 to your Time Track. In Marzail, there's an inn where you can stay and get hot food and a good bed for the night, if you pay 2 Gold Pieces (you will regain 4 Stamina points for this rest). Alternatively, you can sleep outdoors for free (but you regain no Stamina pointss and you must eat another meal).

In the morning, you continue your footslog along the coast road, which conrinues along more undulating terrain. As you get to the crest of one hill, you hear chanting below! Peering around from behind the cover of a boulder, you see a group of three grey-cloaked men walking slowly along the road in fronL of you; they are swinging small incense-burners and chanting as rhey go. To the east, you can see a plume of smoke rising from the edge of some pine woods. Will you:

Approach the grey-cloaked men? (turn to 252)
Make for the woodland? (turn to 382)
Avoid both, detour westwards, then continue north? (turn to 275)
All right, 2 decision points. Since we're at full HP, staying at the inn basically lets us trade 1 Provision for 2 gold. IMO we can spare the jellied eels, but Dirk el Dragoncock is a wyrm-hunting corporation and you're the shareholders.

Secondly, do we approach the chanters, the forest, or neither?
Dirk el Dragoncock

Skill 11
Stamina 22
Luck 11/12

Honour 0
Nemesis 0
Time Track 6

Gear:
Sword
Leather armor
Shield
Lantern
Backpack
9/12 Provisions
4 golds
Silver key
Rope
Longbow and arrows
Spiked boots
Ice pick
Viewing lens
Carved ivory polar bear
Last edited by Silent Wayfarer on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Approach the Greybeards, and don't stay at the inn.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

"You see something interesting, approach or avoid?"

We approach. And since the woodlands and landmarks aren't going anywhere, we pick the interesting living creatures over the interesting landmarks. Approach the Gandalfs.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

You run to catch up with the men, who seem happy enough to share your company along the road. They are pilgrims, they say, heading for a northern temple to gain learning. They are quiet, hard faced men and they soon return to their dirge-like chanting. However, they share a little food with you at the end of the day's walk and you prepare to sleep out under the stars in this strange company. Test your Luck. If you are Lucky, turn to 55. If you are Unlucky, turn to 119.
We are Lucky! This leads us to...
You start from sleep just after midnight when one of the cloaked men stumbles as he heads towards you. You see the knife in his hand gleaming in the pale moonlight, and you grab your sword to defend yourself. Two of the men are awake and ready to fight with their odd, curved blades. You must fight them together each Attack Round, determine Attack Strengths for all three of you. Only the combatant with the highest Attack Strength will inflict a damaging blow that Attack Round. After four Attack Rounds, the third man will have woken and be ready to join the fray as well!

First PILGRIM Skill 8 Stamina 7
Second PILGRIM Skill 8 Stamina 7
Third PILGRIM Skill 8 Stamina 8

If you win, you search the bodies. You can take 5 Gold Pieces and enough Provisions for four meals from them, but you also find a strange mark tattooed on the forearm of each man. The symbol shows a twenty-stranded spider's-web pattern with a black reptilian skull at its centre (make a note of this paragraph as the one where you observed this design). Add 1 to your Nemesis score, then you resume your disturbed slumber; turn to 275.
FIGHT!
Round 1
Dirk Attack Strength 17 Stamina 22/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 13 Stamina 7/7
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 16 Stamina 7/7 (-2)

Round 2
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 16 Stamina 7/7
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 16 Stamina 5/7 (-2)

Round 3
Dirk Attack Strength 15 Stamina 22/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 12 Stamina 7/7
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 14 Stamina 3/7 (-2)

Round 4
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 16 Stamina 7/7
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 13 Stamina 1/7 (-2, killed)

Round 5
Dirk Attack Strength 20 Stamina 22/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 14 Stamina 7/7
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 13 Stamina 8/8 (-2)

Round 6
Dirk Attack Strength 16 Stamina 22/22 (-2)
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 17 Stamina 7/7
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 13 Stamina 6/8

Round 7
Dirk Attack Strength 19 Stamina 20/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 15 Stamina 7/7
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 18 Stamina 6/8 (-2)

Round 8
Dirk Attack Strength 13 Stamina 20/22 (-2)
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 14 Stamina 4/8

Round 9
Dirk Attack Strength 15 Stamina 18/22 (-2)
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 12 Stamina 4/8

Round 10
Dirk Attack Strength 19 Stamina 16/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 19 Stamina 7/7
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 15 Stamina 4/8

Round 11
Dirk Attack Strength 15 Stamina 16/22
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 12 Stamina 4/8 (-2)

Round 12
Dirk Attack Strength 18 Stamina 16/22
Pilgrim 2 Attack Strength 16 Stamina 2/8 (-2, killed)

Round 13
Dirk Attack Strength 14 Stamina 16/22

Round 14
Dirk Attack Strength 20 Stamina 16/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 15 Stamina 7/7 (-2)

Round 15
Dirk Attack Strength 18 Stamina 16/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 16 Stamina 5/7 (-2)

Round 16
Dirk Attack Strength 16 Stamina 16/22 (-2)
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 20 Stamina 3/7

Round 17
Dirk Attack Strength 13 Stamina 16/22 (-2)
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 15 Stamina 3/7

Round 18
Dirk Attack Strength 18 Stamina 14/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 17 Stamina 3/7 (-2)

Round 19
Dirk Attack Strength 13 Stamina 12/22 (-2)
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 16 Stamina 1/7

Round 20
Dirk Attack Strength 19 Stamina 12/22
Pilgrim 1 Attack Strength 18 Stamina 1/7 (-2, killed)
Wow, that was pretty rough. A bunch of bad rolls for Dirk there. I took the liberty of eating 2 Provisions to put us up to 20/22; let me know if you don't like it.

And onward!
Add 2 to your Time Track for the day's travel before you turn in for the night. ln the morning, you set off along the northerly coastal road once more. You should make it to Rentarn by the end of the day, you hope; but you must eat another meal now. After two hours or so, you spot a body slumped on the ground in the road ahead of you. It could be a trap, so you're wary. Will you investigate the body (turn to 3) or make a detour round it and push on to Rentarn (turn to 304)?
There might be loot... or ninjas.
Dirk el Dragoncock

Skill 11
Stamina 20/22
Luck 10/12

Honour 0
Nemesis 1
Time Track 8

Gear:
Sword
Leather armor
Shield
Lantern
Backpack
10/12 Provisions
9 golds
Silver key
Rope
Longbow and arrows
Spiked boots
Ice pick
Viewing lens
Carved ivory polar bear

Special:
20-stranded spider's web tattoo with a dragon's skull in it, seen on paragraph 55.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Search the body.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Loot!
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

I'm going to use this awesome graphic I blatantly stole from another forum to illustrate our general course of action on all encounters in gamebooks or other RPGs:

Loot it!
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

The body is that of a man who has been robbed, badly beaten and left for dead. He tries to speak but you hush him to be silent. He points east, along a track, and gestures for you to help him.You can leave him here and continue along the road (turn to 304) or you can carry him along the track, looking for help, even though it could cost you a lot of time (turn to 176).
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you don't care much for "are you sure" choices, and this sounds like one to me.
You have to carry the man for half a dozen kilometres before a trapper with a sled overtakes you. The burly trapper recognizes the victim and says he come from the village of Sharndale, seven kilometres further along. The two of you unload furs and goods from the sled, put the injured man in it, and you help by carrying the bulky furs along the road to Sharndale. You deliver the man to his family, who make him as comfortable as they can. The weather is closing in, with chill, sleeting rain drifting down from iron-grey clouds, and you'll not get to Rentarn before dark now. You are invited to stay with the family; they will give you some furs by way of thanks, as well as hit food and a comfortable bed for the night. Add 2 to your Time Track and gain 1 point of Honour. Now turn to 304.
Woo, honor!
You round the coastline of Corpse Bay and arrive in Rentarn Add 2 to your Time Track. This is a trading outpost where fur-trappers and hunters mix with fishermen and, you have no doubt, some Sword Coast pirates. Frost is forming on the wooden roofs of the town's warehouses, taverns and homes even as you look. Dour faced people are hurrying through the cold, to get home to their suppers and burning wood fires! Will you:

Try to buy extra equipment or food? (turn to 236)
Sell some furs (if you have any)? (turn to 68)
Head straight for the Rudderless Galley tavern? (turn to 286)
We didn't officially get told to mark furs down on our sheet, but I think we should count for it.
Dirk el Dragoncock

Skill 11
Stamina 20/22
Luck 10/12

Honour 1
Nemesis 1
Time Track 10

Gear:
Sword
Leather armor
Shield
Lantern
Backpack
10/12 Provisions
9 golds
Silver key
Rope
Longbow and arrows
Spiked boots
Ice pick
Viewing lens
Carved ivory polar bear
Quantum Fur Bundle

Special:
20-stranded spider's web tattoo with a dragon's skull in it, seen on paragraph 55.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

We spent most of our gold in Blacksand earlier, so let's sell the furs to replenish our cash, and then go shopping for more equipment/plot tokens!

On a side note, I love how all the voters (including me) were going all "WOOHOO! YES! DEAD BODY TO LOOT!" only to find out that it wasn't a dead body and we ended up doing something 'altruistic' despite our original intentions. If the author had known our genuine reactions, he might have added a "do you want to kill this already-dying guy and loot him anyway" option! :biggrin:
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

I would definitely have given you the choice for that :p

Anyway, my policy is to press on as soon as I get two answers that agree, because at that point 3 more answers disagreeing doesn't seem too likely. May vary if I lag in checking.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Sell furs, and then try to buy more stuff.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

You're not really experienced at haggling over the selling price of furs, but you pocket 5 Gold Pieces for the three beaver skins you were given- and you can always use some extra money! Now, will you:

Buy some extra equipment or food? (turn to 236)
Make for the Rudderless Galley tavern, if you haven't already been there? (turn to 286)
Leave Rentarn, if you've stayed the night here? (turn to 178)
We're all for selling and buying, so our course has already been decided.
You can buy the following items in Rentarn:

Steel mirror (4 Gold pieces)
Longbow and arrows (5 Gold pieces)
Rope (1 Gold pieces)
Glass bottle (1 Gold pieces)
Spiked boots (4 Gold pieces)
Ice pick (3 Gold pieces)
Extra Provisions (1 Gold piece each)
Flask of Walrus Oil (2 Gold pieces)

When you've completed your purchases, amend your Adventure Sheet accordingly. Now, will you make for the Rudderless Galley tavern, if you haven't been there before (turn to 286), or leave Rentarn, if you've already slept and rested here (turn to 178)?
There's no route choice since we haven't been to the tavern yet, but I'm waiting here for shopping decisions. Most of them were duplicated in Blacksand, though...
Dirk el Dragoncock

Skill 11
Stamina 20/22
Luck 10/12

Honour 1
Nemesis 1
Time Track 10

Gear:
Sword
Leather armor
Shield
Lantern
Backpack
10/12 Provisions
14 golds
Silver key
Rope
Longbow and arrows
Spiked boots
Ice pick
Viewing lens
Carved ivory polar bear

Special:
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Mirror, bottle and walrus oil. Leaves us with 7 GP to spare, and gives us the stuff we missed from Blacksand. They're all going to either be useless or essential, and since we can afford them all, I suggest we risk buying junk.