Has anyone ever gotten their (gaming den) account hacked?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

hodmwudg
NPC

Has anyone ever gotten their (gaming den) account hacked?

Post by hodmwudg »

I noticed that when I sign in, the login is sent through HTTP instead of HTTPS. So I wanted to ask: has that ever actually been a problem for anyone on this board? Not on other sites, just this one.
Username17
Serious Badass

Re: Has anyone ever gotten their (gaming den) account hacked?

Post by Username17 »

hodmwudg wrote:I noticed that when I sign in, the login is sent through HTTP instead of HTTPS. So I wanted to ask: has that ever actually been a problem for anyone on this board? Not on other sites, just this one.
The closest I'm aware of is that some people have left their accounts online and had other people leave messages in their name from their computer. That has happened both on accident (with two posters sharing the same computer and forgetting to log off during handoff), and on purpose (with a poster lending their account to another person for a guest post).

-Username17
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Roy claimed it happened to him several years ago (and threatened to do a back trace), but nothing was ever proven. As far as I know, he didn't respond to fbmf's request for more info, and not surprisingly, it didn't go anywhere.

It should also be noted this accusation was made during one of Roy's more trollier periods.

Edit: I guess he accused PR of hacking his email account, not TGD account:
Shadow Balls wrote: Here is an example:

Various people: We're not socially maladjusted, you are! Quick, PR go hack his email account.
*PR hacks Shadow Balls' email account*
Various people: You're totally in the wrong for expecting people to act decently!

Backtrace, bitch. Suck it.
Last edited by RobbyPants on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.