JESUS CHRIST, VIRGINIA!

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

JourneymanN00b
Prince

JESUS CHRIST, VIRGINIA!

Post by JourneymanN00b »

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/li ... ernor-race

Let's see, Virginia has voted Democratic for president since 2008, has elected Democrats to both U.S. Senate seats and virtually every statewide office in recent memory, and yet it chose to elect a racist that was fully connected to Trump and the Big Lie. I used to look up to Virginia whenever I needed a state to show that America was bouncing back from the fascist reign of terror that was the Trump administration, but now I am seriously disgusted at the state tonight and will think twice before lending a hand to its citizens in the future (which I have readily done in the past, by most notably donating to and volunteering for Abigail Spanberger and Cameron Webb's campaigns over the past several years).

Jesus Christ, Virginia, this is completely inexcusable, and the state is going to seriously suck now.

This is just another proof positive result that the Democrats absolutely STINK when it comes to choosing and actually giving support to progressive candidates that actually could save America if they were given the chance to do so. Terry McAuliffe was just a fucking horrible candidate to choose. This is how bad the Democrats do against a insurrectionist party that has run literal neo-Nazis among their ranks. The Democrats really are the party of fraud and shameless grifters.

Ladies and gentlemen, America will die in November 8, 2022 when the pro-fascist and racist Republicans take over the House and the Senate. The result will be nonstop suffering and a completely painful death to every citizen who is sane and does not believe in QAnon through either COVID or a grisly murder. If you have any plans to move to Gibraltar, Portugal, Denmark, or some other country with high vaccination rates, I strongly suggest that you carry them out before November 8, 2022. America will be completely destroyed after that day, and I pray to God that I have the means to escape before then before I die to the next upcoming American version of Kristallnacht.
Say No To Fascism. The left is the one true way to go.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Re: JESUS CHRIST, VIRGINIA!

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

This is going to be very funny in 2023.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

So long as you are personally vaccinated and do not have any elevated risk factors, you are unlikely to die of covid-19 no matter how many remaining Americans refuse to get vaccinated.

Blatantly illegal purges of political opponents are not especially likely to be tied to which party has control of legal entities like Congress, especially not when there's still a Democratic (nominally, but that still means he's interested in preventing this scale of assault on his constituents) president in office with veto power. Some kind of mass violence by fascists is as likely to happen tomorrow as on November 8th, specifically. Dates that do have elevated risk are more likely to revolve around highly publicized events like presidential elections and are more likely to happen if they go poorly for fascists (that's how we got the 1/6 insurrection), but the possibility is on the table whenever and no specific date should scare you more than the general situation.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

I don't expect to survive my country's civil war in 2024 anyway.