[TomeRefDoc] Request for contributions

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

Is there any room for my Monsters in there?

Also, can you include the feats I've made and the Lycanthrope Paragon (which probably works best as some sort of NPC monster class.)

Master Plan [General]
"14 demons, a beholder, and a red dragon. Looks tough."
"Yes, now here's what were going to do..."

If you have the opportunity to prepare for an encounter (at least 30 minutes), you may form a master plan. At any time during the encounter you may declare your master plan to be enacted. For a number of rounds equal to your Int mod your allies gain a +5 insight bonus to attacks, checks, damage, armor class, or saves (chosen at the beginning of each of their turns. What the bonus applies to may be changed each turn).
Note: By "being prepared" for an encounter, it means knowing exactly how many enemies you'll face, and their relative strength and abilities and the location of the fight. A knowledge check might be called for. A significant change in the conditions of the battle can upset the master plan. The arrival of an unexpected new enemy of your CR-2 or higher (excluding summons), or a change in the location of the battle forces an intelligence check (DC equal to the new arrival's CR+15 or DC20 in the case of a location change [you can't use this feats bonus on this]) by the user of this feat or all benefits of this feat are lost for the rest of the battle.

Awesome Blow [Combat]
You teach people how to fly.
Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
+0 You gain a slam attack that deals damage as a creature of your size. If you already have a slam attack, its damage increases by one size category.
+1 As an attack action you can make an attack an awesome blow. If it connects, in addition to damage, your opponent is sent flying a number of squares equal to your strength modifier and must make a reflex save (10+1/2HD+Str) or land prone. If they impact with an object they take 1d6 damage for each square that they still had to go. This also deals the same amount of damage to the object. If this is enough to destroy the object they go flying through it and their flight continues on unimpeded. The distance is halved for a creature one size category above you, and you can't use this at all on creature two or more size categories larger. The distance is doubled for every size smaller than you the target is.
+6 If you perform an awesome blow at the end of a charge, you can double your effective strength modifier for the purpose of distance. Additionally, awesome blow can now be performed on an attack of opportunity.
+11 Opponents hit by your awesome blow must now make a fort save (10+1/2HD+Str) or be stunned. Additionally, if you charge first your strength modifier is now tripled for the purpose of distance.
+16 Sky Uppercut: You knock your target upwards, they fly a number of squares equal to your strength modifier and you can designate one square within 30 feet for them to land in. Falling damage applies as usual (also dealing this damage to whatever they land on) and every opponent adjacent to where they land is automatically knocked prone. If they have a fly speed they don't have to come down (provided they aren't stunned).
Groundstrike: You can slam the ground as a standard action, releasing a shockwave that devastates everything around. Everything on the ground within 100ft. is subject to an earthquake effect and takes 1d6 damage per HD you possess (Reflex DC 10+1/2HD+Str half and avoid falling prone). This also deals full damage to objects (although hardness still applies unless you can negate that with another ability). The area of this is increased by 5ft. per point of strength modifier you have over +10. Every square affected by this ability becomes difficult terrain. You can choose to slam a creature down into the ground to activate this ability in which case they take immediate damage as if they collided with an object (in addition to groundstrike's normal damage) and are automatically prone. Also if you charge your Str modifier for the purpose of distance is quadrupled. This doesn't apply to Groundstrike.
Last edited by Wiseman on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak_Anima wrote:Ah, right. I'd forgotten that comment.

I might do a remake of Ceilingcat's Spherelock so that something like it can be included.
How is that in any way better than just using the Spherelock as is.

If she is fine with people using her shit, then she is fine with it. If she isn't, then you are just stealing her work without credit.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Wiseman, I think you fucked your quote tags.

Kaelik: Do we have a post from her somewhere saying she was cool with that? If so that works. If not, then I can make "a warlock who uses spheres" class that isn't the same as hers.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

There's a section for monsters, yeah.

If the spherelock is on Dnd-wiki it may already have license stuff stated.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

Prak_Anima wrote:Wiseman, I think you fucked your quote tags.
Is that what makes that happen?

Code Glaze wrote:There's a section for monsters, yeah.
Sweet.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Wiseman wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote:Wiseman, I think you fucked your quote tags.
Is that what makes that happen?
Yes. Every time the forum page gets all fucked up, it means someone fucked their quote tags up, the penalty for which is being ridiculed for all eternity told to fix your tags.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

and possibly to suck a barrel of cocks.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

codeGlaze wrote:If the spherelock is on Dnd-wiki it may already have license stuff stated.
It's here, but I don't see any license or whatever.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

RadiantPhoenix wrote:
codeGlaze wrote:If the spherelock is on Dnd-wiki it may already have license stuff stated.
It's here, but I don't see any license or whatever.
Hrm, default creative commons from the wiki.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Well, unless we can find an author intent to have a thing put on the wiki, either a post, or their username in the wiki history for the page, or something like that, then it being on the wiki is still not really enough for our purposes. Whoever put it in the wiki could have easily done so without author permission exactly like we're trying to avoid.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Just about none of my stuff is popular enough to justify republication, but for the record, I am totally cool with any sort reuse, reworking, or publication of any game material I have ever or will ever post here.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

I've been informed that, moving forward, we'll be using the name "Tome Reference Document" more than AwesomeTome, so I've updated the thread title.

Josh_Kablack: You've only got a single class listed in the community repository thread (Sand Mage), though if there's more you'd like to point out then I'm sure we'd be happy to have it.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

He updated the Fire Mage to a 20-level class, but I don't think remakes are suitable for the doc.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Lokathor wrote:I've been informed that, moving forward, we'll be using the name "Tome Reference Document" more than AwesomeTome, so I've updated the thread title.
TRD for short. ;)
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Glad that it's not the Tome Updated Reference Document then :/
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

If you're going to go into fun-with-acronyms territory, you should obviously aim for "COCK"

... I'm stuck, on figuring out how to backronym that into something logical, though.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

RadiantPhoenix wrote:If you're going to go into fun-with-acronyms territory, you should obviously aim for "COCK"

... I'm stuck, on figuring out how to backronym that into something logical, though.
Continued Overhaul of Crappy Kaisndadawp?
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Things I wrote which never made it into the repository:

Magnetist

Tome version of Dragon Shaman (incomplete)

Tome Armor 2.0

Alternate Druid

Ice Queen / Sizzler Prc (a bit specific to Koumei's Disgaeaverse material)

revised Fire Mage
revised Green Mage
Revised Theif Acrobat
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm kind of thinking the Sizzler PrC should get Hero's Feast 1/day...

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Compendium Of Communal Knowledge
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

Maybe we can just call it the Document...
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Ogre Battle wins. +1

Now I can tell my wife about the huge COCK I saw online and downloaded for personal use. I shall whip out my COCK at the gaming table and have everyone there bask in its magnificence. They shall study my COCK, and after much due diligence, Master the COCK.

There is no way this will not end well.

...There should never be the abbreviation COCK in the document, just boldly proclaim its name on the cover and title page; Compendium of Communal Knowledge: The Tomes and Community Material.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

IIRC, "of" doesn't normally count for acronyms, so if we can find another "O" word to insert in there...
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

It seems... unlikely that we'll call it the Compendium Of Communal Knowledge.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Compendium of Original Communal Knowledge

and you can use this if you want http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fire_Dance ... e_Class%29
Last edited by AndreiChekov on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x