[3.Tomefinder] Beer & Pretzels PbP Recruiting

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

He could try jumping as part of a charge I guess. And if he messes up, he can still just attack the prone auroch.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

But you have to move directly to the nearest square from where you could attack with a charge, so... 3 (the prone one) can be charged, or 1 could be charged with a big jump check (There's not quite enough space to get a running start, and it also wouldn't be a flank), but 2 cannot be charged at all from where Wahid is.
Last edited by Lokathor on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Then I guess his only option is attacking the Prone one (unless he wants to try something else). I'll wait and see if he wants to charge or power attack though.

Anyway, viewer updated.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u3m ... tled-1.swf

Turns completed: Yoshida

Everyone (including Avoraciopoctules) feel free to post your actions.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Tek will double cast magic missile directly up at the lich, dealing 6d6+6 Force
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Tek doublecasts Magic Missile at the lich for 26 damage.

Turns completed: Yoshida
Standard actions used: Tek
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Wahid attempts to punch the prone buffalo.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Wahid strikes Auroch 3 for 15 damage.

Btw, I believe Tek has 2 HP left.

Turns completed: Yoshida, Wahid
Standard actions used: Tek
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Kinniku Kaiser will attempt another combo jumping attack on the Lich if anyone is up for that.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

In a hurry as a real life thing came up. Just read the text in the viewer.

Mask De H's turn
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Tek will consume his remaining blood points and heal 20 hp. and be really hungry.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

K, back on PC.

Luckily Tek has a +4 Dex mod, acrobatics ranks, and the favor of the WOTC roller (+19) for a total of 29 for a 7 foot vertical leap.

Tek and Kinniku Kaiser break into runs. Tek jumps into the air, and Kinniku Kaiser gets a boost. He leaps towards the lich and smashes it off the pteranodon (10 damage) and down (5 lethal damage, made reflex save and no nonlethal because undead) into a barrel of cocks (2 damage from 1d6 awesome blow collision). KK takes 4 non lethal fall damage. A bunch of cocks bite the lich in the face but fail to overcome DR. Tek returns to full health.

Right, Kinniku Kaiser shouldn't be floating in the air anymore. And since you guys actually seemed to have taken some damage:

Yoshida: 18/27 HP
Camilla: ?-14/? HP
Kinniku Kaiser: 34/34 HP, 5 non lethal damage.

Mask_De_H's turn
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I get the feeling that this will be over in a few rounds. TBH I haven't worked much on the actual game, but I'm expecting a lull in school pressure soon, during which I'll get enough level and NPC building done to get started.

You'll all get 2 bonus skill ranks to do with as you please once you beat the training exercise (no exceeding caps). If you're happy with your builds, great, but you'll have the option to respec and/or repick equipment before the game starts for realsies.

During the actual game I'll throw in more roleplaying opportunities (there'll be NPCs and/or monsters with dialogue bubbles, and PC dialogue will also appear in the viewer) and more varied terrain, instead of just 'here are a bunch of monsters, kill them'.

Any feedback on what's transpired so far, or suggestions for later on would be appreciated.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Is the lich in cover from me via the barrel of cocks? Can I set the barrel on fire with a Scorching Ray?
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

No, it's standing on top of the barrel so you could just fire at it directly.

As far as I can tell, Scorching Ray does 'fire damage', but doesn't actually set things on fire RAW.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Well then I'm going to shoot it.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Critical Hit! 24 damage. The lich's body is charred and collapses. Some black steam can be seen right above it. Ding dong the lich is dead.

Unfortunately, it took my file with it (Flash crashed during an autosave and ended up corrupting the file in the process). I don't feel like recreating that exact scenario, and you've only got a few aurochs to beat (the rules don't say anything happens to summoned monsters, so I'm guessing they'll either keep attacking you (whoever's closest to them) or run away), so I'll just post part 2 once I've recoded a few things and added grid support for elevation.

Congrats guys! Enjoy your two skill points.

I'm going to pretend you actually faced this guy at some point early on and got some minor loot:

elixir of fire breath, potion of bear’s endurance, potions of cure moderate wounds (2), potion of cure serious wounds, potion of eagle’s splendor, masterwork spear, handy haversack, ring of protection +1, bedroll, tent, bejeweled keif vial (400 gp), 38 gp
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Sweet. Wahid is all about ingesting dubious chemicals that might enhance athleticism. Grabbing two potions (Bear's Endurance and 1 Cure Moderate), unless someone else wants them.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

"Charbroiling a lich atop a barrel of cocks isn't the strangest thing I've ever done, but it certainly ranks up there."

I'll take the vial and the other potion of CMW, unless someone minds
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Tek'll take the potion of Eagle's Splendor and Elixir of Firebreath if no one objects.

Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

I don't mind any of the potion grabbing, but perhaps in the future we could post big itemized treasure piles as a list, and then as people take things out of the pile they repost the list with the taken items crossed out or put their name next to the taken items or something. Makes it easier to track what's left to take.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

To be honest, I've been using quick and dirty hacks instead of proper programming practices, so this is taking longer than it should have. I may or may not start over from scratch at some point (definitely not before my current term ends though), but support for multiple flat elevations has now been added and is up for testing. I may or may not add support for slopes later on (or I'll just make them slightly transparent and let everyone see the part just under them as a flat tile).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9oi ... esting.swf

Currently occupied with some family stuff, but I'll update as soon as I can.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Term ends in about a bit more than a month. No promises, but I'm considering resuming this then. Are you guys still interested, or should I start a new thing instead?
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Perhaps instead of an SWF we could just use roll20 to keep track of the mapping? Still PbP and all though.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Last time I tried Roll20 everything was taking forever to load and update. My internet's faster now so I could give it another shot.