[3.Tomefinder] Beer & Pretzels PbP Recruiting

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

When you can target the square of a creature that you can't see, you just make the attack normal and then have a 50% miss chance. That's normal Invis rules, why would this be different?
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I just wasn't sure.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Lokathor wrote:Well, I'm not totally sold on this "all go in any order" plan, but it'll probably work.
Your turns are all adjacent. You could just assume whoever's next that doesn't use their turn is delaying.
Lokathor wrote:On My Turn: No help on Maneuvers. I'll drop my sword (free action), remove my shield (move action), drop my shield (free action), and draw my bow (move action).
Damnit, I kinda wish I'd now used layers when drawing him. Eh, I'll get around to redrawing him with a bow later on.
Prak_Anima wrote:Ok, so here's a weird edge case that needs a ruling-

Conceivably, if everyone held for my action, I could use magic missile to demonstrate where the Lich was, and allow them to target it.

But if we do that, we need a ruling on what effect that would have.
Unlike the everyone goes whenever thing, this involves one person going twice, so the lich would get an action if you all waited. I'm just assuming you guys are somehow able to tell each other exactly which square an invisible creature is in.

Yoshida switches to a bow.

Keep going Team PC
Move actions used: Camilla, Wahid, Yoshida
Standard actions used: Tek, Yoshida
AoOs used: Wahid, Yoshida

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/u3m1lkjaasn6lp0/Untitled-1.swf
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Okay, I haven't been sending threatening messages to you guys via PM because I accidentally turned my 2 TB portable hard drive into a Linux boot disk which locked the file I was using for the viewer so I wouldn't have been able to update it. Luckily, I was able to use some software to retrieve it (though it took really fucking long, but it was worth it as I'm not in the mood for excessive coding due to university really bearing down on me right now).

In any case, threatening PMs will be sent and this should start again.

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/u3m1lkjaasn6lp0/Untitled-1.swf
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Well I'm still around.

Let's see, it looks like Wahid and Camilla still have to go before we can move to the next round.

And I'm still holding a bow and stuff. See, I remember what was going on.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Yeah, you, Prak and Avoraciopoctules don't need prompting. OgreBattle, and Mask_de_h usually wait for PMs.

If that post seemed a bit angry at you guys, it wasn't meant to be. I don't mind sending pms to alert people to their turns (they're never actually threatening btw), and there really isn't any pressure to take them asap. Just letting it be known that it's an option now :)
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

I have the board notify me when a response is posted with the options thing. Then it makes an email every time a response happens.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

radthemad4 wrote:

Conceivably, if everyone held for my action, I could use magic missile to demonstrate where the Lich was, and allow them to target it.

Unlike the everyone goes whenever thing, this involves one person going twice, so the lich would get an action if you all waited. I'm just assuming you guys are somehow able to tell each other exactly which square an invisible creature is in.
Actually it would just be Tek goes first, shoots a Magic Missile at the Lich, Everyone else follows up with an attack on that space.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

If Wahid has to take a standard action, I guess he could chuck his sword at the lich or something. But didn't he already expend it by attacking a random adjacent square?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Prak_Anima wrote:
radthemad4 wrote:

Actually it would just be Tek goes first, shoots a Magic Missile at the Lich, Everyone else follows up with an attack on that space.
You could do that next turn if you like, but you don't have to. I'm just going with BG's advice on PCs being familiar enough with each other to be able to communicate stuff like where an invisible enemy is. So as long as any of you detect something, all of you are told where it is, unless the detecting PC decides to withhold information.
Avoraciopoctules wrote:If Wahid has to take a standard action, I guess he could chuck his sword at the lich or something. But didn't he already expend it by attacking a random adjacent square?
You did say he did that, but he really had no reason to (blindsense would tell him if the lich was in any adjacent square, and he already knows it's up the air somewhere). You could throw a sword at the Pteranodon (or the lich, though it would be at -4 due to soft cover from the Pteranodon due to you being directly below them) if you want. Ranged Attack roll - 4 for non proficiency and damage exactly the same, I think.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Fair enough.

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Kinniku Kaiser does a leaping charge at the big lizard [awesome blow]
Last edited by OgreBattle on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Not sure that's a great idea. Reaching the Pteronodon via jump has a DC of 25 ft - 8 ft (medium reach) = 17 ft * 4 DC/ft = 68 and your jump bonus is +23 (STR 5 + Ranks 3 + Class Skill 3 + Extra Speed 12. If you had another Monk level, you'd have abundant leap which would make the DC 34. If you roll high enough, you could maybe get hit by an AoO.

Perhaps you could throw something or do some sort of combo attack with Wahid (Jump bonus 11, but half DCs) where one of you lifts the other and jumps, followed by the liftee jumping the rest of the way and grabbing on to the Pteranodon or something, but I haven't checked the math on that.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Sure, I'm up for a combo attack with Wahid.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Kinniku Kaiser charges towards the Pteranodon. Wahid moves. Wahid jumps 12 feet into the air, as Kinniku Kaiser grabs onto and climbs over him in mid air before jumping off of him (altitude 20 ft assuming Wahid is stretching out his hand and pushing you along with his maximum reach of 8 ft) towards the Pteranodon (assuming DC 10 Climb as Wahid is cooperating). The Pteranodon attempts to strike him, but misses. Unfortunately, Kinniku Kaiser barely misses the Pteranodon (27 on d100). He drops back onto the ground, taking 1 (1d6) non lethal fall damage (made DC 15 Jump Check to avoid first 10 feet damage, and take non lethal damage subsequently).

Ouch, tough luck with the d100. If it worked, the Lich could have been knocked off and it almost did.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u3m ... tled-1.swf

Camilla has a standard action left, and then Team Lich goes.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

...why are you rolling a d100 for to hit?

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Invisibility. The lich and pteranodon are both invisible. Tek has see invisibility, but the others don't. They just know which squares cubes the lich and pteranodon are in. There's still a 50 % miss chance from total concealment.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Oh oh oh, miss chance, gotcha. I spaced.

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Camilla takes her readied standard action to Scorching Ray the lich.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Camilla fires a scorching ray at the lich and does 17 damage. The lich flies around a bit and summons three aurochs. Knowledge Arcane (Tek), the lich isn't flying any higher, presumably to stay close enough to the ground to summon stuff. The aurochs trample Camilla, Tek and Yoshida. One of them trips on the incendiary slime. Camilla takes 14 damage. Tek and Yoshida make their reflex saves and take 6 damage and 9 damage respectively.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u3m ... tled-1.swf

Go Team PC!
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Wahid punches a buffalo, moving to flank if possible.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

You might be able to flank Auroch no 2 if you charge to -14,-11
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Wahid, unless you've got Move 40ft you can't flank with me, but if you do then wait until after my action and we can potentially flank auroch 2 together. (Though note that a charge to -15,-11 would not actually be possible under the charging rules)

(white blinding blow and drake's oldest ploy)

Yoshida uses the Drake's Oldest Ploy to force enemies in his threatened area to make a Reflex save or be blinded, potentially giving him a free attack. Specifically, he threatens auroch 1 and auroch 2 with his Bite attack, so they need to make a Reflex save (DC 15) or be blinded. If at least one of them is blinded, Yoshida gets an attack against one of the blinded aurochs as a free action (preference to auroch 1 if they both are, otherwise just whoever is blinded). The bite attack is +7 to hit and 1d8+6 damage.

EDIT: If i can't end up flanking with Wahid, i'll 5ft step to -11,-9 after my actions.

EDIT 2: The bite attack is at +7 to hit and 1d8+6 damage, when it's being used as a primary attack and as the only attack. My mistake.
Last edited by Lokathor on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Yoshida uses Drake's Oldest Ploy and blinds Auroch 1. He bites it for 8 damage.

I suppose Wahid could try jumping over the prone Auroch.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

No the prone auroch isn't even in the way, it's just too far is all.

Punching the prone auroch with some power attack thrown in wouldn't be the worst plan though.