[3.Tomefinder] Beer & Pretzels PbP Recruiting

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Tilesets has a large number of tilesets designed for freeciv, so the "ancient world" units might fit what you want. They've got some stuff in isometric and some stuff in square or hex. Particularly, IsoTrident11 near the bottom might have a few units you want.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Found an xpm converter. These might come in handy. Thanks for the link.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Still swamped between school, family (need to make some sort of music video thing for nephew's birthday) and potential job opportunities (my video card fried itself recently and it would be nice to be able to play modern video games again someday, though there's still plenty of old stuff to tide me through).

On the plus side, house interior with visible (crappily drawn, but this is a test) interior (via mouse hover) test looks promising.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u3m1 ... tled-1.swf
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

radthemad4 wrote:If you guys know about any other 2D games whose sprites have been extracted and posted online, or some software that lets you do that yourself, let me know.

Hope to get back to this soon.
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4 ... prite-dump

I used ripped Dominions sprites as D&D play aids a lot, it's worked pretty well so far.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Thanks, more sprites is always great.

Lich disappears from view. Summons Pteranodon. Wahid moves out of the way as the Pteranodon tries to bite him.

Fiendish Ape 1 readies action to Aid Fiendish Ape 2. Fiendish Ape 2 charges at Wahid and gets a +2, from Aid Another, + 2 from flanking, +2 from Charging, but fumbles due to a roll of 3.

Tek rolls 14+10=24 Knowledge Arcana. He remembers that summoning is a full round action, so the lich can't be too far from where he was unless he had a quickened spell or something to assist him.

Mask_De_H, your turn.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

That all seems cool. I'll note that normally you don't need to "ready" to Aid Another, you just do it on your action and it's like a charge that gets used up during the aided person's next action. The distinction is important because a Readied Action changes your initiative position, and Aid Another doesn't.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Good to know. Since the apes and pteranodon have interchangeable initiatives anyway, it's not an issue atm, but I'll keep that in mind for less convenient turn orders.

One thing though, Summon Monster doesn't say anything about summoning creatures mid air (unless air counts as an 'environment that doesn't support' creatures that don't fly in which case I think the pteranodon gets a pass). The reason it didn't provoke any AoOs was that it was too high up for you guys (though it's on the ground at the moment) and reach. If it's illegal, I could change it so it was summoned further away, flew up just out of reach before attacking and then landed).
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I think summoning flying creatures in the air is fine.

...also, really waitin' on people to take their turns so I can take mine...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Wouldn't figure a Pteranodon would have much reach, would have guessed it was a 10ft space / 5ft reach type of deal like a tiger or a horse. Either way, summoning flying creatures into the air is fine.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Stab Fiendish Ape 2 with my Glaive and ask Tek if he knows where the Lich went.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Camilla stabs Ape 2 for 9 damage. Ape 2 is staggered. Ghost 2 resurfaces next to Camilla. She manages to avoid its grasp.

Ogrebattle's turn

Initiative
Tek: 24
Yoshida: 18
Voloc: 17
Lich: 13
Apes
Pteranodon
Camilla: 11
Ghost 2: 9
Kinniku Kaiser: 8
Wahid: 5
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Kinniku Kaiser walks one space (-3,-7) next to Ape 2 to punt him over the horizon and out of flanking.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Assuming Tek can respond as an immediate action, he'll say the lich is most likely within 5' of being 10' to the left and back from [grey-skinned dude, I have no clue who's playing who].
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

SRD wrote:In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn. Speaking more than few sentences is generally beyond the limit of a free action.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Rules Compendium wrote:You can perform one or more free actions during your turn.
an immediate action can be performed at any time during a round, even when it isn't your turn.
So you can't do that RAW, I think, but for my games talking is an immediate action that doesn't use up your swift/immediate action for the round.

Kinniku Kaiser successfully punts the Ape. It dies from its wounds.

Avoraciopoctules' turn

Initiative
Apes
Pteranodon
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Is there a reason that one of the fireball scorches keeps appearing above the range grid that follows the mouse?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Good catch. The ground, grid and objects are on different layers (objects highest, then grid, then ground). I accidentally put it in the objects layer. It'll be fixed in future updates.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Wahid launches a full attack on the ape he is flanking, while glancing around and trying to guess where the enemy caster might be hiding.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Fuck. I just realized that I've made the apes staggered instead of disabled. Both Apes are down as Ape 1 used a standard action earlier on to Aid Ape 2 with the charge before collapsing.

Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

If the apes are Summoned (rather than Called) then they disappear as soon as they hit 0HP (or if they die in any other way). The lich doesn't get a chance to use a healing spell to have them stand up or anything like that.
Last edited by Lokathor on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Thanks for the clarifications. In that case, we'll have to rewind a bit.

Ogrebattle's turn

Initiative
Apes
Pteranodon
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Kinniku Kaiser moves to 1, -4 to get flanking and gives the ghost a smack
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Kinniku Kaiser advances on the remaining ghost. He smacks it for 9 damage, and deals 2 extra fire damage. The ghost evaporates.

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/u3m1lkjaasn6lp0/Untitled-1.swf

Avoraciopoctules' turn

Initiative
Apes
Pteranodon
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Wahid jogs over to the last place he saw the lich, and tries to punch it if his blindsense picks anything up.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Wahid moves to the Lich's last known location and is able to sense its presence right next to him. Wahid tries to punch it, but merely displaces some air (4 on d100).

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/u3m1lkjaasn6lp0/Untitled-1.swf

Prak_Anima's turn

Initiative
Apes
Pteranodon