XBox Questions

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

XBox Questions

Post by fbmf »

I'm not much of a video gamer and not a console gamer at all, but a co-worker asked me these questions (she knows I'm a gamer and lumps us all into one geeky category).

Will XBOX 360 games be playable on the XBOX 1?

Are they still going to make XBOX 360 games?

Thanks for your help, because I haven't the first clue.

(Yes, I know I could GOOGLE it. Why would I do that when I have you guys? Besides, I am unsure what a reliable source for this information would be.)

Game On,
fbmf
Last edited by fbmf on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

1) No. The xbone is not backwards compatible with the xbox 360. You will need a 360 to play 360 games.

2) Yes, for now. Some games will come out for both systems, some games will only come out for one or the other, but I would expect that to taper off within 6-12 months as xbone and ps4 penetration picks up. The 360 may have sufficient market penetration to do what the ps2 did and get a bunch of licensed kid shovelware for a few more years, but it probably won't be getting shiny new things long before the end of the year.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Nifty extraneous info :
You can plug your 360 into you XBOne and play 360 games through the XBOne.
You could do that with a PC and PS3/4 as well... as long as you're using HDMI. (IIRC)
Last edited by codeGlaze on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.