[3.X] Prak's D&D Material

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

[3.X] Prak's D&D Material

Post by Prak »

On Ogre Battle's suggestion, I am, finally, just making a thread for the random stuff I make for D&D.

Blog for my material and related art: Cog Scribbler

Races
  • Apiar Fae Bee-maidens
  • Gargoyle Stone by day, flesh by night. Your party will fucking hate you.
  • Nosgothian Vampire, Fledgling Vampires from a world where the progenitor-vampire evolves abilities, and passes them down to his generals.
  • Jägermonster A race of Hyde-esque combat monsters created as super soldiers by a family of feared Artificers.
  • Discworld Races
    • Discworld Troll Living stone with silicone brains.
    • Igor A race of self-made men, who have a tradition of serving villains and vampires as devoted, but self interested, lackeys.
Base Classes
  • Weather Mage A mage who controls the primal forces of weather
  • Speedster A striker who taps into a mysterious force of speed, allowing him great feats in combat.
Prestige Classes
  • Blood Knight A warrior who lives purely for battle, but, nonetheless, can totally do other things. Needs a bit of an overhaul.
  • The Green Queen A magic user powered by the elemental power of plants. Work in progress. I will maybe get around to finishing it some day.
  • Hell Rider A tracker and bounty hunter bound to the service of Hell.
  • Hulking Berserker A berserker who grows stronger and larger the angrier he gets.
  • Lantern and Emotional Spectrum Spheres A magic-wielding warrior who represents one of the eight lights of power.
  • Magical Warrior A mystical, often female and young, warrior who receives her powers from a higher force, and must transform at the start of combat.
  • Negative Energy Infused An undead who has steeped in the foul emanations of the Plane of Negative Energy.
  • Net of the Pirate Kings A pirate who has claimed the favour of the eight Pirate Kings.
  • Nosgothian Vampire, Adult Vampires from a world where the progenitor-vampire evolves abilities, and passes them down to his generals. And who have grown into their full power.
  • Ponyweaver A magic user powered by association with magical equines, which they may summon or channel.
  • Spider Sworn/War-arrach A warlock pledged to spider demons and given powers thematically consistent with that life choice.
  • Swarmshifter Undead with the ability to turn into swarms of disgusting creatures or ephemera.
  • True Name Nemesis An assassin who specializes in the use of true names to slay his prey.
  • Undying Mercenary A warrior who is not allowed to die.
  • Abyssal Lyricist A bard who draws on the power of the Abyss to enhance their music.
Feats Items
  • The Banhammer A warhammer which glows in the presence of trolls and can banish outsiders to their home planes or even erase targets from existence.
  • A Boat Get on it.
  • Capture Ball A magical ball which allows you to catch and control monsters.
  • Cursed School Girl Outfit of Aberration Summoning
  • Fighting Trousers Short length khaki trousers seem almost unassuming, but as soon as they're put on, they show their powers.
  • The Governess' Poker A simple fireplace poker which has been blessed by the magic of innocence so that it may destroy monsters that would threaten innocence.
  • The Iron Suit, Starry Shield, and Mjolnir A magical suit of full plate made by a genius wizard to improve upon the prototype he cobbled together in a cave with a box of scraps; a round shield which deflects all force and strikes with unerring precision, and a hammer which channels the might of a god.
  • The Millennium Regalia Seven items of terrible power crafted by ancient desert mages.
  • Spell Bombard and Eminence Talismans A mage-crafted arcana cannon, and a talisman that allows non-casters to operate them as well as a trained wizard.
  • Red Tape and The Law blood red fist wraps and a weighty stone tablet on a neck chain which are favoured by lawyers.
  • The Sword and redcaps A completely non-magical sword which has one job, which it is very, very good at, and red cone hats which provide the wearer with an amazing scythe ...so long as the cap is kept soaked in blood.
  • The Twelve Talismans*, Seeker Stone, Panku Box, and Armours of the Eight Immortals Twelve stone talismans bearing glyphs resembling animals with their own unique powers, a four-header dragon statuette used to find them, a box which reveals and opens the locations of portals to Limbo keyed to demon princes, and the armours of the eight immortals who sealed the demons away.
  • Traget Painter Arrows Arrows designed to break on impact, spilling magically enhanced dragon pheromones.
  • The Wu* Artifacts of eccentric power created by an ancient monk
  • Helbogi and Hernagl, a bow made from a humanoid ribcage and quiver of left hands, typically found together.
*There was no balancing these items. Their source material didn't even care about silly concerns like logical power progression.

[size=a6]Spells[/size]
  • Raise Death Galley (at the bottom of the linked post]
  • Walking Head- Allows you to detach your most valuable personal asset--your head--from your body and have it scamper around.
Monsters

Misc. Crap I know there's more. If nothing else, I've written more spells here than just Raise Death Galley, and I know I've posted monster stats. But this is what I can find tonight. I cannot for the life of me find Hellspawn on the forum. I may just remake it.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:34 am, edited 12 times in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Great collection here. Thanks for archiving it :)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

A lot of it needs polish or finishing, and I'm going to do that for the comic book/super hero stuff so that I can put together a pdf to sell through Paizo. I'm open to requests on stuff to make.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Cool :)

At the moment, I'd like to see some functional vehicle rules and a Speedster class. I'll suggest more stuff if I can think of any.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Speedster is one I'd been thinking about doing, and I'm looking at a Weather Witch class, mostly based on Storm. I just need to look at how the Witch class works in Pathfinder, so that it interacts with a similarly named class, or can have a different name to not confuse people. I may well just call it Weather Mage.

I might do something about Spider-Man, given how popular he is, even if it's just a sample War-Arrach with warlock3/rogue2/War-arrach1.

Hmm... I should write up the symbiotes too, I think.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

So you'll include both classes and builds in the book? Neat. We could do with more sample builds that players actually feel like using and some heroes can be represented well enough using existing classes.

I haven't checked out the Pathfinder Witch yet, but if Weather Witch is a bunch of ACFs for the Witch it's fine. I'd go with Weather Mage if you're creating a class from scratch though. Would you do symbiotes as a template?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm not sure how I'd want to do the symbiotes. I need to think on that.

I probably wouldn't do a lot of builds, because they're mostly pointless fluff, but I might do something where I stat up the characters I wrote stuff for. The other issue is that war-arrach doesn't actually fit this product, because it wasn't specifically inspired by a character, rather it was "Hey, this wizard PrC is really cool, but I'm playing a warlock. Suck." It just happens to be a good one or two level dip for replicating a comic book character. I've written a lot of fiend/warlock stuff too, so I might be able to fill out a second pdf of that stuff and refer between the two.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Weather Mage
"The elements marshal their infinite might at my beckoning! Power seethes in the roiling clouds! Now, at my command -- STRIKE!"
Ororo Munroe, Weather Mage
The sunny spring day gives way as thunder rumbles loud overhead, fingers of cloud spreading across the sky and thickening, blotting out the bright light beyond. A soft sprinkle starts and grows quickly, becoming a torrential downpour in seconds. A chill wind whips at clothes and banners as the rain turns to sleet and hail, lightning crashing and booming in the clouds.
The orcs and goblins cowered and shook, as the woman they thought frail and vulnerable rises into the sky, arms outstretched, laughing. A clap of thunder and flash of light, and what was glowering goblinoids only moments ago was now scorched earth and smoking grass.
A weather mage channels some of the most powerful and frightening energies known to most inhabitants of the mortal planes--the weather above every commoner and king's heads.

Role: The weather mage controls primal forces which may be used to blast enemies with electricity, pelt them with ice, douse even the most powerful flames, raise or lower the ambient temperature around them, and change others' attitudes so subtly they may not even realize they're being manipulated. Weather mages blast, control the battlefield, and can act as the party face as they change the weather to their interests and needs.

d8 HD
Poor BAB (1/2 HD)
Good Ref
2+Int skills
Class skills: Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Fly, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (Nature), Sense Motive, Survival
LevelSpecial
1Weather's Might, Subtle Manipulation
2Calling the Wind
3Weather's Might, Blinding Rain
4Weather Sphere (Basic)
5Pushing the Wind
6Weather's Might, Dragging Snow
7Greater Subtle Manipulation, Weather Sphere (Advanced)
8Driving the Wind
9Rising Winds, Weather's Might
10Altered Weather Arcana, Veiling Fog
11Enraging the Winds
12Hail, Sleet and Snow
13-
14Command the Frenzied Winds
15Thunderstorm
16Weather Sphere (Expert)
17-
18Masterful Manipulation
19Tornado
20Call the Mythic Storm

Weapon and Armour proficiencies: The Weather Mage primarily fights via their Weather's Might ability, as such, they generally do not--as a whole--focus on weapons training. Weather Mages are proficient in simple weapons. They are proficient in only light armour, and typically wear robes and cloaks over such armour that can whip and billow impressively in their summoned winds.

Weather's Might (Ex.): A weather mage's primary weapon is their ability to channel the pure energies of the storm. A 1st level Weather Mage chooses one of the attacks below. At 3rd, 6th and 9th level, they may choose another. These are standard actions which may be used in a full attack, unless otherwise noted. All Weather's Might abilities deal an additional die of damage per two levels beyond 2nd and operate out to Close range unless otherwise noted.
  • Lightning Strike: The weather mage throws a bolt of electricity at their enemies. This is a ranged touch attack which deals 1d8 electric damage.
  • Whipping Winds: A blast of skin flensing winds washes over the target, dealing 1d10 slashing damage as a ranged attack.
  • Hail Blast: The weather mage condenses droplets of water in the air around their hands while making the temperature plummet in that same small space, then sends chunks and shards of ice flying forth in a 10' cone which deals 1d6 cold to all targets within the area, Ref save for half. This is a standard action, but cannot be made as part of a full attack.
    The cone length increases to 15' at fifth, 20' at tenth, 45' at 15th and 60' at 20th level.
  • Thunder Clap: The weather mage manipulates the air around them much as they would to summon lightning, but instead of the energy manifesting as electricity, it is stifled to produce only a booming clap of thunder around them. A thunder clap is a full round action, and deals 1d6 sonic damage in a burst centered on the weather mage with a radius of 5 feet per 2 class levels.
Subtle Manipulation (Ex.): Weather plays an important role in people's moods and perceptions. A cool, sunny day brings many a good mood, while beating, oppressive heat or a miserable rainy day can drive many miserable, and a properly timed crack of thunder can make any threat carry more weight. As such, a weather mage gains a +2 morale bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks so long as they are not underground. While individuals often have different preferences, a weather mage can generally determine what would create the desired change in mood unless the target is truly alien. As a side benefit, a weather mage may also cause an already present sun to shine brightly through cloud cover, dazzling creatures sensitive to sunlight.

Calling the Wind (Ex.): One of the most potent tools at a weather mage's command is wind. It can be both weapon and shield, and, with experience, even allow the mage to fly. A 2nd level weather mage can, as a Move action, create a Strong Wind out to 5' around themselves, resulting in ranged attacks against them and flying checks made by enemies within 5' of them suffering a -2 penalty. Tiny creatures are Checked and need to make a DC 10 (20 if flying) strength check to move into a square adjacent to the weather mage. A weather mage may also reduce winds within 5' of themselves by one category (Tornado->Hurricane->Windstorm->Severe->Strong->Moderate->Light), and never suffers the penalties of their own created Wind or weather effects.

Blinding Rain (Ex.): A third level weather mage may, as a full range action, call rain within Close range radius, centered on them. This rain is completely mundane, save that it is under the control of the weather mage. It reduces visibility ranges by half, resulting in a –4 penalty on Perception (Spot) checks and ranged attacks, and it has a 50% chance of extinguishing unprotected flames. (If a weather mage wishes, they may call bright sunlight from an already present sun instead, which inflicts only the Perception/Spot penalty.)

Weather Sphere (Sp): A fourth level weather mage gains limited access to a small, but growing, suite of weather powers.
Weather
Granted Ability: Weather you do not create or control is one step less severe if you or your actions against enemies would be penalized and one step more severe when you or your actions against enemies would benefit (ie, natural Windstorms are treated as Severe Wind for you, fog grants you you total concealment from your enemies but your enemies receive no concealment against you, etc.). Modifiers which do not have steps are doubled if beneficial to you, and halved if not (ie, Rain conveys a -2 penalty to your Perception (Spot/Listen) checks, and a -8 penalty to enemies' Perception (Spot/Listen) checks against you, snow does not increase the cost for you to move through terrain, etc.)
1: Obscuring Mist
3: Gust of Wind
5: Sleet Storm
7: Ice Storm
9: Call Lightning Storm
11: Control Winds
13: Sirocco (APG)
15: Scouring Winds
17: Control Weather (the user may call weather regardless of season)
19: Sunburst
Pushing the Wind (Ex.): The weather mage may create a Strong Wind out to Close range (-2 penalty to ranged attacks and Fly checks within a 25'+5'/2 levels radius, Tiny and smaller creatures are Checked and must make a DC 10 (20 if flying) strength check to move toward the weather mage). When using Calling the Wind, they may now create a Severe Wind (-4 to ranged attacks made against them and fly checks made within 5' of them by enemies, Small creatures are Checked and must make a DC 10--20 if flying--strength check to move into a square adjacent to them and Tiny and smaller adjacent creatures must make a DC 15 strength check or be knocked prone and Blown Away--directly back--1d4*10 feet, taking 1d4 nonlethal damage per 10', if the creature is flying, the DC is 25, it is blown back 2d6*10 feet and takes 2d6 nonlethal damage). The weather mage may, once per hour, also reduce winds within 5' of themselves by two categories (see Pushing the Wind) and within Close range by one category. Creating or reducing winds is a Move action.

Dragging Snow (Ex.): The weather mage may, as a full round action, call a snow fall out to Close range radius, centered on themselves. This snow is completely mundane, except that it is at the command of the weather mage, and accumulates quickly. The snow has the same effects as Blinding Rain, but also creates difficult terrain in the affected area as soon as it is called. The weather mage's Blinding Rain ability now affects a Medium range radius. A weather mage may dismiss weather they create as a free action.

Greater Subtle Manipulation (Ex.): At 7th level the weather mage's manipulations of mood through alteration of the weather grows more potent. The bonus granted to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks increases to +10.

Driving the Wind (Ex.): The weather mage may create a Windstorm in a 5' radius around themselves (Ranged attacks made against the weather mage automatically miss, redirected in a direction of the weather mage's choice out to one range increment of the weapon away from the mage--they may aim the attack at another target, in which case the attack is resolved as normal for being fired by it's original source. Siege weapon attacks made against the weather mage's square suffer a -4 penalty, and Medium creatures are Checked and creatures of Small size or below are Blown Away as per Pushing the Wind's Severe Wind), a Severe Wind out to Close range (-4 to ranged attacks and Fly checks, Small creatures are Checked, Tiny and smaller creatures are Blown Away), and a Strong Wind out to Medium range. The weather mage may also, once per hour, reduce winds within 5' of themselves by three categories (see Pushing the Wind), within Close range by two categories, and within Medium range by one category. Creating or reducing winds is a Move action.

Rising Winds (Ex.): A 9th level weather mage's power over the winds around themselves has become strong enough that they may now use the winds to fly. The weather mage gains a 60' (Good) fly speed.

Altered Weather Arcana: At 10th level, the weather mage fine tunes their control of the weather to allow more unusual effects. They choose one of the two abilities below, and gain the other at 13th level.
  • Acid Rains The weather mage is a pragmatist, and learns to harness the effects of pollutants within the sky such as smoke and the various noxious fumes which pour from volcanoes into the sky. Any rain or water based effect used by the weather mage may, at their option, deal acid damage. If the effect does not deal damage already, it deals 1d6 acid damage per 2 class levels. They also gain a new Weather's Might attack called Acid Spray, which deals 1d6 acid damage per 2 class levels as a cone with range equal to that of their Hail Blast.
  • Divine Fire The weather mage manipulates the air around a target like a veteran alchemist, creating just the right mix to react violently when an electric charge is introduced. At the weather mage's option, an electricity or lightning based ability deals fire damage instead of electricity.
Veiling Fog (Ex.): As a full round action, a 10th level weather mage may call fog out to Close range radius, centered on them. This is mundane fog, save that it is under the command of the weather mage. The fog obscures vision, including darkvision, beyond 5', granting creatures concealment against creatures more than 5' away. They may now call snow out to Medium range radius, and rain out to Long range radius.

Enraging the Winds (Ex.): The weather mage approaches the full might of the winds. An 11th level weather mage may create a Hurricane Wind in a 5' radius around themselves (Ranged attacks redirected as per Driving the Wind, Siege attacks made against her square suffer a -8 penalty, Large creatures which attempt to move adjacent to or attack the weather mage in melee are Checked and Medium and smaller adjacent or melee attacking creatures are Blown Away as per the Windstorm of Driving the Winds), a Windstorm out to Close range, a Severe Wind out to Medium range, and a Strong Wind out to Long range. The weather mage may also, once per hour, reduce winds within 5' of themselves by four categories (see Pushing the Wind), within Close range by three categories, within Medium range by two categories, and within Long range by one category. Creating or reducing winds is a Move action.

Hail, Sleet and Snow (Ex.): As a full round action, a 12th level weather mage may call heavy snowfall, sleet and hail out to Close range radius centered on themselves. Snow is identical to that called by Dragging Snow, save that it falls even more heavily, causing terrain to cost 4x normal to move through, has a 75% chance per round per source of extinguishing unprotected flames, and deals 1d4 cold damage per round to creatures and objects within the area. They may now call fog out to Medium range radius, and snow or rain out to Long range radius.

Command the Frenzied Wind (Ex.): At level 14, the weather mage's ability to call wind reaches it's greatest, most terrible potency. They may, as a Move action, create Tornado Winds in a 5' radius around themselves (Ranged and Siege attacks redirected as per Driving the Wind, Huge creatures are Checked, and Large or smaller creatures are Blown away as per the Hurricane Winds of Enraging Winds.

Thunderstorm (Ex.): Whenever a 15th level weather mage calls weather (through their Blinding Rain, Dragging Snow, Veiling Fog, Hail, Sleet and Snow, or Spell Like Abilities), they may call an accompanying Thunderstorm. This is a supernaturally vicious thunderstorm, striking targets of the weather mage's choice with one lightning bolt per round which deals 1d8 electric damage per two class levels (against targets in metal armour, increase damage to 1d10/2 class levels). These bolts do not cost any action from the weather mage. A level 15 weather mage may also call the weather from Hail, Sleet and Snow out to Medium range radius centered on themselves, and fog, snow or rain out to Long range radius.

Masterful Manipulation (Ex.): At 16th level, the weather mage's control over moods has grown to it's greatest height. The bonus from Subtle Manipulation increases to +15.

Tornado (Ex.): Whenever a 19th level weather mage calls weather (through their Blinding Rain, Dragging Snow, Veiling Fog, Hail, Sleet and Snow, or Spell Like Abilities), they may call an accompanying Tornado, centered on themselves. Unprotected flames under the weather's radius are automatically extinguished, ranged and siege attacks are impossible, as are sound-based Perception (Listen) checks. Instead of being blown away, characters in close proximity to a tornado who fail their Strength checks are sucked toward the tornado. Those who come in contact with the actual funnel cloud are picked up and whirled around for 1d10 rounds, taking 6d6 points of damage per round, before being violently expelled (falling damage might apply). While a tornado's rotational speed can be as great as 300 mph, the funnel itself moves forward at an average of 30 mph (roughly 250 feet per round). A tornado uproots trees, destroys buildings, and causes similar forms of major destruction. A weather mage is unharmed by their own Tornadoes. A 19th level weather mage can call the weather of Hail, Sleet and Snow, fog, snow or rain out to Long range radius.

Call the Mythic Storm (Ex.): Once per day per point of Cha mod, the weather mage may call a form of supernatural weather. This weather takes ten minutes to call and form, has a duration of Concentration plus 1 hour per cha modifier, and covers an area of 20 miles, centered on the weather mage. The weather mage may choose from the following supernatural storms when they use this ability:
Fall of Thorns: Spurs and thorns, as if from a large plant, fall from the sky. Creatures caught in the storm take 1d4 points of damage per round, unless under cover. Where the thorns and spurs strike the ground, they burrow into the soil and take root.

I'll put more work into this in a bit.

I'm going to call this pretty much complete. The capstone is basically the spell Evil Weather from BoVD once per mumblemumbleundecided without a corruption cost.

Obviously it was written primarily for Pathfinder, but translates easily enough. I think there are probably some differences between PF's weather rules and D&D's, but the intent is pretty clear.

Let me know what's too powerful for the average competent PF group, or too weak (though I doubt that one), or came out completely incomprehensible due to scattered writing and an oncoming mysterious not-feeling-well-ness.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Weather Mage now complete-ish. I just need to put "Evil Weather (BoVD) as a spell like ability x times per y." as the capstone. Please tear apart and/or make suggestions as appropriate.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Undying Mercenary
"No XP? What a ripoff!"
Role:

Prerequisites
Base Fortitude Save: +5
Special: Must suffer from Malignant Growth (see below) and have been used as a test subject by a shadowy cabal of magic-experimenters.

d10 HD
Full BAB
Good Fort
4+Int skills
Class skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble.
LevelSpecial
1Dead Pool, Scar Tissue, Fast Healing
2Little Yellow Boxes
3"Wall, what wall?"
4Death Stroke
5Terminate

Weapon and Armour proficiencies: Undying Mercenaries are proficient in all simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor and shields, and may choose one exotic weapon per point of Intelligence mod to be proficient in.

Dead Pool (Ex.): The Undying Mercenary's primary trait is his ability to survive any wound, no matter how grievous, even returning from death. Whenever an Undying Mercenary kills a living creature with Int 3 or more, the creature's life energy is captured by the Undying Mercenary. Each such creature they kill gives them a point in their Dead Pool.
Whenever the Undying Mercenary would die, if they have at least one point in their Dead Pool they seem to return to life some time later as their wounds knit themselves back together and their body consumes some of the life energy they've gathered. In game terms, being reduced to -10 Hit Points merely disables the Undying Mercenary, rather than killing them, and their Fast Healing starts repairing their wounds. When disabled this way, an Undying Mercenary "returns to life" (begins showing vital signs) immeadiately upon reaching positive hp, but must recover at least one half of their max hit points before regaining consciousness.
If an Undying Mercenary has no points in their Dead Pool, they instead return to life after 1d6 hours as if Raise Dead had been cast on them, save that they return even if they are unwilling.

Scar Tissue (Ex.): The constant destruction and healing of flesh that sustains the Undying Mercenary covers their skin with scar tissue and fills their body with tumors. This mass of overactive flesh gives the Undying Mercenary a natural armour bonus equal to their class level. If an Undying Mercenary already has a Natural Armour bonus, it is increased by their class level.
In addition, every time an Undying Mercenary is damaged, they gain a cumulative +1 bonus to their Natural Armour as their body quickly fills in the wound with new flesh.
At the end of the encounter, increases to Natural Armour from attacks go away at a rate of 1 point per round until their natural armour returns to normal.
As a side effect of their overactive scar tissue, Undying Mercenaries are also ugly as sin to the eyes of humans and similar. They have a penalty to Diplomacy and bonus to Intimidate equal to their class level if their face is uncovered. However, some races react favorably to the unnerving visage of an Undying Mercenary. As a rule of thumb, the Undying Mercenary has a bonus to Diplomacy and no bonus to Intimidate against any race that has a Charisma penalty or natural armor bonus equal to or greater than the Undying Mercenary's class level.

Fast Healing (Ex.): An Undying Mercenary gains Fast Healing equal to their Class Level. They may also regrow and reattach severed parts of their body as if they had Regeneration (they don't have Regeneration, however). This fast healing recovers ability point damage at a rate of 1 per round, and drain at a rate of 1 per day, meaning that it effectively nullifies the damage of Malignant Growth. If the Undying Mercenary is ever cured of Malignant Growth, their fast healing begins to act as if they were in on a plane with the Major Positive Dominant trait, and may kill the Undying Mercenary.

Little Yellow Boxes (Ex.): A curious side effect of the Undying Mercenary's initial transformation is that their very thoughts seem to take on a life of their own. An Undying Mercenary can create cubes of force--invisible to all others, even those normally able to see invisibility-- that are perfectly visible and bright yellow to them.
These boxes are 1 cubic foot in size and created as a move action. If a full round action is taken, the Undying Mercenary may instead create a 2 cubic foot box. These boxes last a number of rounds equal to the Undying Mercenary's Wisdom or Constitution modifier, and are solid and weightless. They cannot be formed around anything, and float in the air within 5' of the Undying Mercenary. If wielded as a weapon, a 1' cube does 1d6 bludgeoning damage, a 2' cube deals 1d8 bludgeoning, and either has a 5' ranged increment if thrown.
These boxes also contain the surface thoughts of the Undying Mercenary, and the ability to detect or read the Undying Mercenary's thoughts reveals the boxes to the character with that ability.

"Wall, what wall?" (Su.): The strange insanity which afflicts the Undying Mercenary as their mind is constantly rebuilt begins to affect the reality around a third level Undying Mercenary. Once an hour, for up to three minutes per class level, an Undying Mercenary may act as if a single wall they touch doesn't exist. They can reach, step, or attack through it as if it simply were not there. If the wall is particularly thick (the external wall of a subterranean structure, for example), they are effectively reaching over a large precipice into a dense void. The ability affects all contiguous material on the same geometric plane as the wall the Undying Mercenary touches (for example, touching an exterior wall of the Inn room they're staying in allows them to walk into all other rooms on that same exterior wall).

Death Stroke (Ex.): A level four Undying Mercenary has gained such puissance of arms and mastery over life energy that he may strike down enemies in a single blow. As a full round action, the Undying Mercenary may perform a Coup de Grace against an opponent who is not helpless. The Undying Mercenary may attempt this a number of times per day equal to Class Level+Con Mod.

Terminate (Ex.): Most Undying Mercenaries run on a surplus of Dead Pool Points. As a Full Round action, they may take the life energy they have gathered and convert it into a blast of pure death. They explode (effectively reduced to -30 HP, and disabled), and create a burst of death energy out to a radius of 5 x Con Score feet which deals 1d12 damage per point in their Dead Pool to all targets within range, to a maximum of 1d12 per Character Level.
This will almost surely kill at least one living creature with Int 3 or higher, and thus give the Undying Mercenary at least one Dead Pool Point which their body immediately uses to begin healing.
Malignant Growth
Infection: Special
DC: 21
Incubation: 1 day
Damage: 1d3 Con; special

Positive energy heals and regrows. However, sometimes it gets out of control. When that happens, it can cause Malignant Growth.

There are several ways to be infected with Malignant Growth, but the main way is by spending too long around uncontrolled positive energy. Every hour you spend in an area with the major positive-dominant trait, you must make a DC 21 Fortitude save or contract Malignant Growth. Effects that make you immune to the effects of the positive-dominant planar trait also protect from this effect.

If the disease deals 3 Con damage at once, one point of that damage is drain instead. Furthermore, five successful saving throws in a row are required to recover from Malignant Growth.

Remove Disease can not treat Malignant Growth unless cast by a caster of at least 15th level; a mender must be 15th level or higher to cure Malignant Growth with Curing Burst.

Gee, I don't think people will get this one with out a description...

Pretty self evident. Should be decently powerful, even if it's basically a fighter with a couple neat tricks who can't be killed. Let me know. I'll put in Class Skills and a description and Weapon/Armour proficiencies later.
Last edited by Prak on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Disclaimer: I know nothing about balance.

Weather Mage looks awesome and has many interesting abilities.

Undying Mercenary's class features seem a bit too close to its inspiration, especially if you're planning on selling it (especially the yellow boxes), but I think this could be a fun class to use thanks to not having to worry about dying personally, as long as it isn't a TPK so you can take crazy risks. Also, other party members can cast AoE spells without worrying about killing a party member, and terminate also looks fun to use. It seems like the perfect class for a loonie.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

One problem that comes to mind with the Undying Mercenary is that Dead Pool (the ability) alone might make a one level dip really tempting for pretty much any martial class, before you even consider the other first level abilities which are pretty useful as well. Consider spreading those around as this seems a little front loaded. Also, Death Stroke seems to be pretty damn powerful. Maybe this should start at a higher level, as 7 seems pretty low for what's effectively immortality.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, I need to revise UM's prereqs. The Special prereq will, in practice, probably keep people from really being able to frivolously dipping. In theoretical characters, or characters for loose games, yeah, it's meaningless, but most DMs are likely going to say "no, you can't just walk into the game meeting this prereq."

As far as the abilities... strictly there's nothing infringing on copyright (and I'm not using the the pics I use here when I pub this). It's just, yes, very, very close to the source material.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Speedster
"My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive. I'm The Flash."

Role:

d8 HD
Medium BAB (3/4 HD)
Good Ref
+Int skills
Class skills:
LevelSpecialSpeedDodge BonusTime DiscountInitiative Bonus
1Fast Movement, Volley of Blows, Quicker Than the Eye60'+25%+1
2Up the Walls, Blurred Step90'+210%+1
3Increased Mass Punch (Large)120'+215%+1
4Gust of Wind150'+220%+2
5Trailing Walls180'+225%+2
6Intangibility210'+330%+3
7Water Walk240'+335%+3
8Molecular Mending270'+340%+4
9The Long Step300'+345%+4
10Increased Mass Punch (Huge)330'+350%+5
11Phasing Strike360'+455%+5
12Gift/Take Speed390'+460%+6
13Increased Mass Punch (Gargantuan)420'+465%+6
14Whirlwind450'+470%+7
15Total Speed Control480'+475%+7
16Increased Mass Punch (Colossal)510'+580%+8
17Steal All Time540'+585%+8
18Blazing Transformation570'+590%+9
19The World Stands Still600'+595%+9
20Infinite Mass Punch630'+6100%+10

Weapon and Armour proficiencies:

Fast Movement (Ex.): The basic point of a speedster is moving fast. A first level speedster has a base land speed of 60'. If the speedster's base land speed is higher than this naturally, instead increase their speed by 30'. As the speedster increases in level, their base land speed increases as well, as per the Speed column of the chart. As a side benefit, the speedster can also complete tasks more quickly--including reading, writing, mundane crafting and skill use, as well as reacting. As they level and gain speed, their speed grows, and the time discount and initiative bonus is laid out in the class chart above.
When a speedster makes a skill check, they get a time discount on their action. If the action normally takes one round or less, any time discount less than 50% rounds down and is effectively null. At 50% and greater (10th level and above), the speedster can make two such actions per round. At 75% time discount (15th level), the speedster can make four such actions per round. At 20th level, the speedster can make skill attempts, read, and craft mundane items as a free action. He can make a number of these free actions equal to 5+Con Mod per round.

Volley of Blows (Ex.) One of the obvious benefits of being able to move with great speed is the ability to strike many times in the amount of time another could strike once. A speedster may elect to take a Full Round Action and strike his opponent many times, albeit less accurately than normal. A Volley of Blows is resolved as a single attack with a -2 penalty, but deals damage as if the speedster had attacked half again as many times as he normally could have, rounded up. For example, a first level character has a single attack, thus a first level speedster takes a full round action to effectively strike their opponent twice with one attack roll and deals twice the damage they would normally do with their weapon. Strength and other damage modifiers are included in this.
Speedsters with Two Weapon Fighting include their off hand attacks in their attack count before multiplying by 1.5, but take a penalty on their attack equal to the penalty on their off hand on their Volley of Blows attack. Thus, a first level speedster with two weapon fighting makes a single attack roll at -6, and deals damage as if he'd attacked three times (when wielding different weapons in main and off hand, the speedster splits the damage dealt as evenly between the weapons as possible, choosing which weapon gets the remainder in odd numbers of attacks, so a speedster wielding short sword and dagger deals equal amounts of d4s and d6s, but chooses which to add as the last odd numbered attack).
Finally, it is very difficult to dodge the blindingly fast strikes of the speedster. Enemies halve their dexterity and any dodge bonus to AC against a speedster's Volley of Blows.

Quicker Than the Eye (Ex.): The speedster's primary trick is to be really fast. Specifically, too fast to properly hit. As they level up, they gain a growing Dodge bonus to AC.

Up the Walls (Ex.): A second level speedster gains the psionic feat Up the Walls as a bonus feat, except that it is not a psionic feat for the speedster, and does not require psionic focus.

Blurred Step (Ex.): The second level speedster moves fast enough as to be difficult to hit. So long as the speedster ends his round with a move action he gains concealment until his next round. See invisibility does not counter this concealment, though true seeing does.

Increased Mass Punch (Ex.): Force equals mass times acceleration, and while the speedster's mass may be comparatively low, his acceleration can be truly immense. The force from which he draws his speed also bestows him with mass relative to that speed when he taps into it.
As a full round action, the speedster may move twice his base speed and strike as a large creature (increasing weapon damage and gaining a +4 to damage as if his strength had been increased by 8).
At tenth level, the speedster may take this action in a second consecutive turn to strike as if he were Huge size (two weapon sizes, +8 damage as if strength were increased by 16).
At thirteenth level, the speedster may take this action in a third consecutive turn to strike as if he were gargantuan (three weapon size increases, +12 to damage as if strength had risen by 24).
At sixteenth level, the speedster may strike as if he were take this action in a fourth consecutive turn to colossal (four weapon size increases, +16 to damage as if strength had risen by 32).
The speedster does not take penalties as a creature of the virtual size category, because he does not actually increase in size.

Gust of Wind (Ex.): By quickly moving their arms in a small circles, a fourth level speedster can replicate the spell Gust of Wind at will, with a caster level equal to their class level.

Trailing Walls (Ex.): At fifth level, the speedster moves fast enough to create a wall of displaced air behind him. Whenever he moves, he duplicates the wind wall spell, with a caster level equal to his class level, but the walls last for a single round only.

Intangibility (Ex.): Speedsters gain complete control of their bodies and the composition thereof, as such, a sixth level speedster may make a Fort save (DC 10+Character Level) to turn insubstantial for a round, as if they were subject to Gaseous Form cast at a caster level equal to their class level, as a free action.

Water Walk (Ex.): A seventh level speedster can move so quickly that they can push up from liquid before they sink, allowing them to move on liquids as easily as firm ground as if they were constantly under the effects of the Water Walk spell cast with a caster level equal to their class level.

Molecular Mending (Ex.): The speedster's control over the fabric of their own body grows. An eighth level speedster gains the ability to patch their body back together from wounds, but it takes concentration. The speedster can make a Concentration roll to gain Fast Healing 3. They can maintain this fast healing as long as they maintain concentration, as if they had cast a spell with a concentration duration.

The Long Step (Ex.): By ninth level, the speedster moves with such blinding speed, that he virtually teleports. In fact, the only difference between the speedster and a teleporting spellcaster is that the speedster actually travels the space between his starting and ending point. A ninth level speedster can, once per round, replicate the effect of Dimension Door as a move action. The effective caster level of this ability is equal to the speedster's class level. If the Speedster ends his space in an occupied square, rather than both the speedster and occupying subject being shunted in random directions, the speedster and subject each make constitution rolls. The character with the lower constitution roll is knocked prone and back 10 feet and takes 1d6 lethal damage per the speedster's class level. If the space is occupied by an object, it automatically fails this roll, and if not free to move (a stone wall, a rooted tree, etc) it takes 1d10 damage per speedster class level which ignores hardness.

Phasing Strike (Ex): The speedster has learned to selectively alter the tangibility of his body by vibrating only certain parts at very high rates. The obvious benefit to this is that he can stand on the floor, and reach into a mysterious hole in the wall with an intangible arm, turn his fingers tangible to grasp an item, and then vibrate the held object with his hand, turning it intangible as well, and then pull everything out without having to worry about unseen blades taking his hand off.
The other benefit is that the can stick a hand in to an object or person, then vibrate the whole thing fast enough for the person/subject to be grievously injured/explode. Or grasp the person's heart and pull that out, causing the usual consequences.
If the speedster does this, the person must make a fort save (DC 10+speedster class level+speedster con mod) or take 1d10 damage per speedster class level. Objects automatically fail this roll and catastrophically shatter (even if not crystalline). Magic items save as normal.
It is a very logical thing that a speedster can do this, if not necessarily an immediate, obvious conclusion. By mentioning the possibility, the speedster's foe realizes how absolutely true it is, and is quite effectively cowed. Any ally of the speedster (including himself) who mentions that the speedster can do this in an intimidation attempt gains a bonus to the check equal to the speedster's class level.

Gift/Take Speed (Ex.): As a standard action, a twelfth level speedster may create a channel between the force which provides his great speed and other characters or object gifting them speed. Alternatively, he may use this same kind of connection to take speed from others. As a full round action, he may make an ally's speed equal to his own for one round, or reduce an enemy's speed by one fourth his own for 1d4 rounds. When affecting an object, the speedster may make use of the violent thrust form of telekinesis. The speedster may prepare an action to gift or take speed from ammunition in flight. If he does so, the attack's target has their dex modifier to AC halved (if he grants speed to the attack) or doubled (if he takes speed from the attack).

Whirlwind (Ex.): At 14th level, by running in a circle, the speedster can create a short lived whirlwind, much like the spell whirlwind. This is a standard action, and requires him to run in a circle no larger than 15' in diameter. The whirlwind lasts for as long as the speedster continues running in a circle no larger than 15' in diameter. In water, the speedster can duplicate vortex.

Total Speed Control (Ex.): At fifteenth level, the speedster gains complete control of their speed, and can move, literally, as fast as they need to or believe they can. They move so fast, that they are virtually teleporting. As a move action, the speedster may use greater teleport with a caster level equal to their class level. The speedster still travels the intervening space, but is treated as if under the effect of the the Blink spell, again with a caster level equal to their class level.

Steal All Time (Ex.): At 17th level, the speedster learns to completely remove time and speed from a subject, placing them into temporal stasis as the spell with a class level equal to his class level. The speedster may do this a number of times per day equal to his con mod.

Blazing Transformation (Ex.): The 18th level speedster nears apotheosis with the mysterious force from which he draws his speed. A number of times per day equal to his con mod, he may duplicate the effects of the spell ride the lightning (UM), with a caster level equal to his class level, as part of a move action. The speedster is unable to make normal attacks while in the electricity form of this ability, they must end their movement to attack with a weapon, or in anyway other than the electric damage of ride the lightning.

The World Stands Still (Ex.): At 19th level the speedster can move fast enough that the rest of the world appears to stand still. A number of times per day equal to his con mod, the speedster may duplicate the effects of the spell time stop as part of a move action.

Infinite Mass Punch (Ex.): The twentieth level speedster grows to such speeds that he breaks all previous limitations on his effective mass. There is no maximum effective size for his strikes. The speedster gains Spring Attack even if he does not meet the prerequisites. So long as he continues moving, striking as he runs by, the speedster's effective size grows by one size per round in which he takes a full round action to move twice his speed and strike a single target.
obvious work in progress is obvious
Last edited by Prak on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 12 times in total.

OgreBattle
King

Re: [3.X] Prak's D&D Material

Post by OgreBattle »

Prak_Anima wrote:
I lerv them bee girls :kindacool:

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I kind of want to play a semi-sapient male Apiar who has gone adventuring because he is sick of being used for menial labor and mating; he'd basically be a fully organic Waspinator meets the Creature of Havoc.

DOUBLE EDIT: keep on clicking "submit" instead of "preview." I probably need more sleep.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Wrote up a drone apiar so you could do that. If you don't mind the deep hit to Int, their Dex would make them great rogues.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So this is what I'm looking at for my pdf. Certainly some things need finish, others need polish, all need a once or twice over for balance. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Capes and Capers
Material for Pathfinder and other d20 Fantasy Roleplaying games inspired by comic books and super heroes.

Base Classes Prestige Classes Items
Last edited by Prak on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Prak_Anima wrote:Wrote up a drone apiar so you could do that. If you don't mind the deep hit to Int, their Dex would make them great rogues.
Yeah, those stats make for an amazing archer or combat-focused flask rogue. I think I'm required to play the character now, if I can get my MC to approve it.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sigil
Knight

Post by Sigil »

It's probably not the sort of help you meant, but how do you plan on making your PDF? If you aren't too concerned with creating your own completely unique format, it would actually be fairly easy to use the chasis of the current Tome pdf's latex code to quickly spit out classes with tables and suchlike, since we've already got that set up.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I was planning on using Adobe InDesign since it's what I have the most experience with.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm really not sure what to do with the Speedster. I feel like I've hit the high points, but I have no real clue what an appropriate, say, 10th level speed looks like, let alone what speed-shticks someone should have then.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I'd recommend putting Infinite Mass punch earlier, but capping it (initially to one size) and increasing the cap over time and then removing it at 20.

Some sort of Dodge Bonus to AC.

Also, maybe some bonuses to combat maneuvers like Bull Rush and Overrun from having run a bit beforehand.

Create Wind Walls whenever he moves along the path of movement that last one turn.

Whirlwind (as the spell)

Heck look through wind spells and you'll probably get a few ideas. All of them should probably have a duration of concentration.

The resonance thing where he vibrates to make stuff blow up.

He should be able to generate and discharge static electricity, but that might be thematically inappropriate.

I think you could throw in some sort of reflavored Blur at some point that activates whenever you end a turn with a move action, or declare beforehand that your first action in your next turn will be a move action (you'd have to take a move action first in your next turn then).

Consider throwing in Super Speed Reading (Sort of like Scholar's Touch), and at a level where it doesn't mess things up Super Speed Crafting (you'll probably have to limit it somehow) as non combat skills.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I will now call Speedster complete, and ready for balance critiques. I will point out that the 20th level speedster with, oh, lets say a greatsword, can deal 5(12d6 (greatsword)+10d6 electricity+24) by moving so fast that they activate time stop and ride the lightning, and doing a drive by on an enemy.

On the one hand, the game falls apart before 20th level anyway.

On the other hand, a base class doing 600d6+120 damage in (effectively) one round is... obscene. I think I need to write in a "you risk joining the speed force" clause on Infinite Mass Punch.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So now it deals 52d6 with a greatsword plus the 10d6/turn for five turns of running by people with Ride the Lightning. So.... that's a bit better.

Edit: er, that's not right.
Round 1: activate The World Stands Still and Ride the Lightning, take a run for Infinite Mass Punch: 2520' movement, 14d6+10d6+28
Round 2: Run another 2520' for five more size increases: 24d6+10d6+48
Round 3: Run another 2520': 34d6+10d6+68
Round 4: 2520': 44d6+10d6+88
Round 5: 2520': 54d6+10d6+108

Total: 170d6+50d6 electric+340 damage before anyone else likely has a turn (which reminds me, this class should have an initiative bonus).

The Flash can one shot the tarrasque before anyone else gets to do anything, and just drags Dr. Fate around to cast Wish on it.

Goddamn this class.
Last edited by Prak on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.