[Dom4] Clusterfuck

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Disciple Game?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:51 am

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 6

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I might not be able to submit a turn tomorrow, so I'd like to request a 24 hour extension.
K
King

Post by K »

Man, now I have a second castle with a Well of Pestilence. It's like this map hates me.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Zinegata wrote:I might not be able to submit a turn tomorrow, so I'd like to request a 24 hour extension.
Sorry missed this post.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Korwin wrote:
Zinegata wrote:I might not be able to submit a turn tomorrow, so I'd like to request a 24 hour extension.
Sorry missed this post.
It's ok I got the turn in, but a hastily put together one.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Note to Ulm: we understand why you thought Tien Chi was going to roll over and let you have the castles next to our capital. However that is not going to happen. In related news: Shao Khan now has 75 more kills than he had last turn.

-Username17
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

FrankTrollman wrote:Note to Ulm: we understand why you thought Tien Chi was going to roll over and let you have the castles next to our capital. However that is not going to happen. In related news: Shao Khan now has 75 more kills than he had last turn.

-Username17
Meh. Acceptable losses to remind me not to engage in hubris.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Not a good turn to be a sacred giant king. One torn to pieces by a Sirrush swarm, one now an admittedly badass frog, but still a frog.

I don't suppose there's any way to defrogulate a person?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Not a good turn to be a sacred giant king. One torn to pieces by a Sirrush swarm, one now an admittedly badass frog, but still a frog.

Ergh, I don't think there a Kiss of the Princess spell yet.
K
King

Post by K »

Zinegata wrote:
angelfromanotherpin wrote:Not a good turn to be a sacred giant king. One torn to pieces by a Sirrush swarm, one now an admittedly badass frog, but still a frog.

Ergh, I don't think there a Kiss of the Princess spell yet.
You could empower him in Nature and then cast Transformation. He won't be an ancient king any more, but he might be able to live out his days as a foul spawn or a dragonfly. Should only cast 100ish nature gems.

Do frogs remain commanders? Slots?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Tien chi has now been over run by a real army. Our economy, crippled as it was by an early and senseless war is not up to the task of defeating a determined assault by Ulm. Our days are numbered and whoever wants to take any part of Tien Chi is welcome to it.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Yeah, he's still a commander. He's a really poor commander, though, so despite having four experience stars he still only leads 45 dudes at -1 morale for 1 squad.

Only has two misc slots, so there's a pile of gear that just fell into the nothing. Despite being mindless, he still has his magic paths and research level. Also, despite retaining his priest path, he's no longer sacred, which is just weird.

One particularly amusing thing is that frogs start their old age at 7 years, and Fursa is 874 years old. Those are some pretty steep age penalties and I don't like his chances come winter. I'm tempted to try Twiceborn or Ritual of Rebirth on him.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

FrankTrollman wrote:Tien chi has now been over run by a real army. Our economy, crippled as it was by an early and senseless war is not up to the task of defeating a determined assault by Ulm. Our days are numbered and whoever wants to take any part of Tien Chi is welcome to it.

-Username17
Yeah, I was kinda expecting you'd say that after seeing the turn file. Let it be known that TC's army fought well.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Hey guys, can I request for a 24 hour extension for the next turn? I have a bit of real-life work to do and I'm not certain if I can submit a turn file in time (especially given the big complex end game turns XD).
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I have to say, I don't know if it's practice or the cumulative effect of all of Dom4's streamlining efforts, but I'm finding the big endgame turns a lot less big than they used to be (even considering the size of this map).
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

24h added btw.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
K
King

Post by K »

Mmmm, Demon Cleansing and Rain of Stones is an interesting combo. Just how many Earth/Air casters can Ulm have?

Oh well. Six less than they had last turn.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Just a skirmish, or has that throwdown begun in earnest?
K
King

Post by K »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Just a skirmish, or has that throwdown begun in earnest?
Still in the probing phase, I think.

That battle was a pretty impressive. I traded a lot of summoned demon troops for some of his mages (thanks B9 Bless!). The Water and Air Queens were a surprise.

I crushed another exploratory force with no meaningful losses, and took some provinces.

Considering how bad my start was in this game, I'm actually really happy with my current position. The coming war is going to be a lot of fun.
K
King

Post by K »

Turn is fucked again.

Proceed or redo?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I didn't even get the stale turn. And the game seems to be missing in llama (albeit llama says it will be back by tomorrow and it's just a glitch). I'm ok with "proceed" though once I get the turn.

Also, how many Air/Earth mages do we have? Plenty. One in four. I'm well aware of Lanka's B9 bless. I just made sure to have a way to kill your 100+ demon armies in the cheapest way possible.
Last edited by Zinegata on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Game is back
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
K
King

Post by K »

I'm willing to play on.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Yeah, let's do this.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Ah, so that's where Lanka invested it's research. Well worth finally retiring the Ulmish archer corps.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Zinegata wrote:Ah, so that's where Lanka invested it's research. Well worth finally retiring the Ulmish archer corps.
Care to share?