[Dom4] Clusterfuck

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Disciple Game?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:51 am

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 6

Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

So around 11-12 provinces per player? Should make for an interesting early game.

Did we decide on using Worthy Heroes? Korwin, will you be setting the game up on Llamaserver? I assume 27 hour turns or so unless anyone has any objection.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Red_Rob wrote:Did we decide on using Worthy Heroes?
More than one person has approved it, and no-one has spoken against it, so I assume it's good.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

There aren't many total provinces, so probably no more than 15 total thrones should be in play. I would do 10 single point and 5 two point thrones, with a victory call at 12.

Thrones get pretty crowded if there are much more than that on the table.

-Username17
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Game is created, please submit pretenders.
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi ... lusterfuck

Will update first post later.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Tien Chi is in.

-Username17
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

5 Pretenders submitted...

I think Llamaserver had a bit of a wobble today so if anyone has submitted their Pretender and not received an email it might be worth trying again.
Simplified Tome Armor.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Ur's Pretender got finally through to llamaserver.
Only Ulm is missing now.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Apparently Llamaserver has updated to 4.04... but the update has not been rolled out to Desura yet, it's only on Steam. So there might be a problem if anyone is running a non-Steam version until things sync up.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Hey, sorry I should be getting the Pretender up by tonight.

Are we doing 4.04 by the way?
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

I have a weird thing. Steam updated one copy on my computer and Desura didn't update the other, but they share the same savegame folder. Do I need to be super-careful to not open the wrong version?
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Zinegata wrote:Are we doing 4.04 by the way?
Well, Llamaserver is updated to 4.04 so I don't think we really have a choice. Apparently the devs are saying Desura has the patch and it is awaiting approval, so hopefully the update shouldn't be long.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Red_Rob wrote:
Zinegata wrote:Are we doing 4.04 by the way?
Well, Llamaserver is updated to 4.04 so I don't think we really have a choice. Apparently the devs are saying Desura has the patch and it is awaiting approval, so hopefully the update shouldn't be long.
Ergh lemme figure out updating then....
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Patch is now on Desura too
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Yep. Downloading now. Will be able to upload a Pretender in 4.04 shortly.
K
King

Post by K »

Double weird. My Desura version won't update but my Steam version has the update.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

You can download version 4.04 from the Desura website by hand. It doesn't automatically unpack into your desura folder, so you need to move the files yourself to overwrite the old version. The auto-updater on the Desura client hasn't noticed that the new version exists at all.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

First turns are out. Just a heads up, there has been some trouble with crashing and hangups since the update, so things may not run smooth.

edit: ...aaand opening my turn causes the game to crash. Any ideas?
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

The "Atha Avin.tga" map file from the download has a space between "Atha" and "Avin". Rename the tga file "AthaAvin.tga" and it should work.

That's what I did to fix my crash.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

That is so weird, considering that the .map file refers to a spaced image title, but it works. Ta much.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I used the allready uploaded version on llamaserver.
I suppose the uploaded version was with the no space name.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

I hope it wasn't an earlier version. The one I downloaded was v2.0.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

The one on llamaserver says v2.0 too...
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

All the other versions have a space name. I have no idea what's up with that. Regardless, v2.0 appears functional once renamed.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

New Turn BTW.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Man, this start is painfully low-resource for Arco.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.