Shit You Wish Was Better

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

This got awkwardly sexual very quickly. Though, the image of Kaelik at his computer sporting a raging hardon (ba dum tsh!) sans pants seems to fit conventional wisdom. Oh god I made everything worse I'm so sorry.

Let's just stop this vaguely homoerotic derail by asking if Kaelik really wants to talk about his peen in a thread called "Shit You Wish Was Better." :tongue:
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Post by infected slut princess »

Anyone remember playing Daggerfall and all the glitches in THAT wretched-yet-awesome thing?
Oh, then you are an idiot. Because infected slut princess has never posted anything worth reading at any time.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

DSMatticus wrote:This got awkwardly sexual very quickly. Though, the image of Kaelik at his computer sporting a raging hardon (ba dum tsh!) sans pants seems to fit conventional wisdom. Oh god I made everything worse I'm so sorry.

Let's just stop this vaguely homoerotic derail by asking if Kaelik really wants to talk about his peen in a thread called "Shit You Wish Was Better." :tongue:
At least it got Kaelik to stop. :wink:
Last edited by Shrapnel on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Shrapnel wrote:
DSMatticus wrote:This got awkwardly sexual very quickly. Though, the image of Kaelik at his computer sporting a raging hardon (ba dum tsh!) sans pants seems to fit conventional wisdom. Oh god I made everything worse I'm so sorry.

Fuck you asshole, you are the one who deliberately brought up my penis. For fucks sake, I was making things less sexual by talking about a fucking epeen to make it a joke. You fucking shitface.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Kaelik wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:

Fuck you asshole, you are the one who deliberately brought up my penis. For fucks sake, I was making things less sexual by talking about a fucking epeen to make it a joke. You fucking shitface.
And the award for not being able to take any joke whatsoever without going batshit goes to KAELIK!! YAAY!

Also, YOU brought up your dick, all I mentioned was pants and ravishing.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half asleep upon my knee
tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

I wish this thread was better.

Then I went and did that, right there.

Which just makes it worse.

Yet, here we all are.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
lawrenceleroy
NPC

Post by lawrenceleroy »

it's really disappointing coz it was really interesting and enjoyable and interesting at first but then when you go further... you get to see issues on the game. Shit

http://www.verveinc.com
Last edited by lawrenceleroy on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I wish MWO was better and more like MWLL . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Defender's Quest, a tower defense game with ill-advised light rpg elements. I call them ill-advised because all the rpg mechanics amount to is that your "towers" are people you hire who then carry over experience and equipment from one level to the next. So, basically, unless you do fuck ton of grinding (spoiler alert: I fucking don't do that shit) the game is more about making do with what you have rather than eyeballing a map and dropping down radically different setups from map to map. That suited me well enough given that it's by no means terribly hard, but then the devs up and decided to have your lead archer leave with all her buddies for plot reasons I do not care about. Which, you know, would be fine, except the game just let me spend the two dozen fucking maps investing disproportionately into gearing my archers. I still beat the map with a perfect rating, but ended up dropping down to normal difficulty to do it. It actually made me sorta resent paying $1.50 for the game, which is kinda impressive.
bears fall, everyone dies
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I'm playing Defender's Quest now. The first couple of fights notwitshtanding, archers aren't available for one stage of the main storyline, and ~3 in game+. I found it irritating initially, since you can pretty much coast with archers, a healer, and maybe a couple of berserkers more often than not, but it was at least done quickly enough. The super sheep, however, is a bit of an asshole.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I'm playing Defender's Quest now. The first couple of fights notwitshtanding, archers aren't available for one stage of the main storyline, and ~3 in game+. I found it irritating initially, since you can pretty much coast with archers, a healer, and maybe a couple of berserkers more often than not, but it was at least done quickly enough. The super sheep, however, is a bit of an asshole.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

It's mostly the principle of the thing that bothered me--I can handle a No Homers sign if your game is like bloons and there's very little stopping you from dusting off other tower types you typically don't use.
bears fall, everyone dies
NineInchNall
Duke

Post by NineInchNall »

Well, you can legitimately reduce grinding time by setting the xp gain rate to triple time. That's what I did, because fuck grinding. I'm not 12 anymore, and I don't find that shit fun.
Current pet peeves:
Misuse of "per se". It means "[in] itself", not "precisely". Learn English.
Malformed singular possessives. It's almost always supposed to be 's.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Re: Defender's Quest. It's kinda funny, I didn't realize you could just triple gains from battle until after beating the endboss once. Thankfully, I was playing through on normal.

I like how New Game + offers some genuinely interesting new content. Giving special abilities to weapons and having a journal that fills up as you advance were unprecedented in the core game.

I was a little disappointed that there weren't more scenarios with enemy casters, though.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I wish Metal Slug Advanced wasn't such a difficult pile of shit.
Half asleep upon my knee
NineInchNall
Duke

Post by NineInchNall »

Advent Rising.

I played the FUCK out of this game.

Unfortunately, it had serious technical issues and implementation bullshit that could have easily been avoided had a competent and experienced team been assigned to the project. As fate would have it, however, we got Majesco (who?) which is like ... wtf? Anyway, yeah, there was some BS loading hang issue that affected anyone who wasn't playing off the hard drive. Since the only way to play off the hard drive was to mod the system, that was a rather small demographic.

Les sigh. It had the potential for a great (by VG standards) story. It had some fucking amazing art direction. The use of nearly solid blocks of color surely had to be an influence on the people at DICE who worked on Mirror's Edge (another game with fucking amazing color use). The soundtrack was bloody goddamned brilliant. Hell, at one point you have to fight a boss named Baraka Bahma. How awesome is that shit?

But damn it. The freezing issues. The fact that in some prerendered motherfucking cutscenes characters fucking overlap. The pisspoor power balance that says, "Lift everything. EVERY THING. DIDN'T YOU HEAR MEEEEEEEEE????!!!!" The driving physics on the level of Mass Effect.

Les sigh.

I want to know what happens next.

I want to play through the trilogy the first game cliff-hangs me into.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Current pet peeves:
Misuse of "per se". It means "[in] itself", not "precisely". Learn English.
Malformed singular possessives. It's almost always supposed to be 's.
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

I don't remember the freezing issues, but I do remember the balance issue, the strange hard mode (I'm not sure if some scenes where just impossible or if they just took too long) and the disappointment when the later game proved to have none of the "multiple paths" that you had at the beginning.

Still a fun game, with a very epic feeling, just not as good as it could/should have been.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

I didn't have freezing issues either.

Also, Mass Effect 1 driving physics were FUN!
Foxwarrior
Duke

Post by Foxwarrior »

TimeShift. Rewinding time to backstab someone before they open the door they need to open for you to reach them is simply beautiful. Unfortunately, aside from the fun and functional time travel mechanics, it's a mediocre shooter with generically gritty graphics (and a shader obsession), really irritating cutscenes, and lack of characterization.

If they made a Madoka game using the TimeShift engine (with the conceit that Homura could actually do Rewinds too), I'd preorder it.
Sarandosil
Apprentice

Post by Sarandosil »

I wish the Mass Effect series had a non awful storyline.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Wish Nintendo would merge with Sony and make Zelda on the PS4 and the Wii-U's games are all ported over to the PS4-Vita combo.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Mobile Dungeon Keeper is not as good a game as it should be.

The gems accumulation rate is annoying and the game runs at a glacial pace that wants you to check in six times a day rather than being able to give a build queue at the beginning of the day.

-Username17
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

The lack of automation is deliberate - by forcing you to micromanage glacially slow tasks, they hope your patience will give and you will throw money at them in order to do something that vaguely resembles playing a game. And of course, like with virtually every freemium game, the actual amount of money you'd have to invest to get it to "sort of a game" level totals in the hundreds of dollars, making it an incredibly shit value before and after throwing money at them.

Also, the game does something hilariously controversial: it will ask you to rate it via in-game popup, and if you tell it five stars, it will send you to the app's rating page to do so, and if you tell it anything else, it won't do that.
sake
Knight

Post by sake »

I wish Dragon Dogma was on the PC so I could use a keyboard and mouse. Also that there had been an option to have a drop in co op partner instead of the pawn system.

Also I wish skyrim handled scripts and managing new cells better so I could leave quest mods installed instead of removing them the second I finish one and rolling back to an old save... Which kills most of my desire to play the bloody mods in the first place, which sucks most of the fun out the game since the vanilla quests are horrible.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I wish League of Legends would let you change your hotkeys without having to be in a game. I shouldn't have to a) be limited to about thirty seconds to change controls at the start of a game if I want to change keys and get to lane and b) start a solo custom game just to read what the controls actually are. Having multiple saved sets of hotkeys that could be associated with different champions would also be nice for smartcast setup if nothing else.

While I'm at it, it would be nice if the ability descriptions indicated which stats they scale off on the champion info screen instead of only in-game. It's only really an issue when trying out new champions, but knowing ahead of time whether I need Attack Damage or Ability Power runes and masteries would be helpful. The game obviously has that information, so there's little reason not to display it to the player. Looking things up online should not be required to make no-brainer decisions like picking AD runes when running a champ whose abilities mostly scale off AD.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.