The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Connection problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MfA
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Connection problems Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Occasionally when I try to connect the site can't be found ... then a minute later it works again. Bluehost having some problem with the DNS or is it on my side?
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anybody else having the issue? That'll help determine if it's a host issue or user issue. My hunch would be host side, though.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fectin
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I occasionally have that. About once a week, recently.
Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. Anybody else notice connection problems? Two makes a strong case for being on the host side, but another member or two would pretty much seal the deal.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Sigil
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It happens to me occasionally, and has for quite a while. Never thought to complain about it, always just assumed it was a bandwidth issue or somesuch.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For those with the issue: is this an intermittent, once-a-week sort of thing? Or is it a couple-times-a-day thing?

Sigil
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I get on The Den frequently during a day, I might see it a few times. Or I might not see it at all. Sometimes I'll get the good ol' "the webpage could not be found" error, sometimes the page will just stop loading midway. It seems to have been better this week than normal, and the site has been running smoothly.

Anecdotally, it happens frequently enough that even though TGDMB is the top site on my list of sites I visit in chrome, I always click on whatever is second to see if I'm properly connected to the internet.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It happens to me occasionally (say once weekly) when I access from my IPAD. My desktop never has the issue.

Game On,
fbmf
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sometimes I will try to access TGD and it will do nothing. There's no error page (usually), it just will say the page is loading and it will never get loaded. The weird thing is that when this happens, sometimes I can open the site in a bunch of different tabs and some tabs will randomly work and other tabs won't. So I figure somewhere between my computer and The Den, requests are being dropped basically at random. This has been going on for basically ever (and doesn't happen with any other site I frequent), though severity varies wildly from "fucking annoying as all hell" to "oh, I forgot this was a thing that happened."
Meikle641
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had a few times where the Den refuses to load in the last month. Loads fair slow otherwise, at times, as well.
My store page: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/10679/Heartbreaker-Press
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once or twice a month, it'll start to load and stop, producing only a red box full of gibberish at the top of the screen. Refreshing always works.
Chamomile
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I regularly get some error message when trying to connect, and ~5 minutes or so later the site will be accessible again. For some reason I'd just assumed this was something the administration knew about, but was unable to solve without more money to throw at the problem.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have issues with the Den maybe once every week or two. The most common error is a 504 bad gateway or sometimes a generic connection problem error. I'll get the 504s elsewhere too, on occasion, so that might not be TGD-specific. More often than not, refreshing will fix the issue.
Antariuk
Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have several connections problems today.
Sometimes it just takes a few seconds (up to a minute) for tgdmb.com to load, sometimes I get a Server Error 500 message. Until now I could always get around that by waiting a bit, or reloading the tab, but I thought maybe you guys wanna know.

Last edited by Antariuk on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the site has been super laggy for me for at least a day if not two, I have no idea why. For the most part it just takes a long time to load pages.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
ubernoob
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Antariuk wrote:
I have several connections problems today.
Sometimes it just takes a few seconds (up to a minute) for tgdmb.com to load, sometimes I get a Server Error 500 message. Until now I could always get around that by waiting a bit, or reloading the tab, but I thought maybe you guys wanna know.
Same deal on my end.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, connection problems today.
Antariuk
Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just in case it might mean something, I had this one a few times in a row when accessing tgdmb.com:

"phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"
Antariuk
Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just in case it means something, I had this error a few times in a row when accessing tgdmb.com:

Quote:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Antariuk
Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just in case it means something, I had this error a few times in a row when accessing tgdmb.com:

Quote:
phpBB: Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: