PayDay 2

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PayDay 2

Post by Kaelik »

Anyone here own it? I want to get a set together to do some runs without having to randomly jump into 50 different lobbies to get one game and people just trying to grind the same maps.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

I have it. The grind is because of the poor design of the XP system and speed running a handful of maps has a better time/XP ratio than the longer more involved maps.

PM me if you want my steam name.

As much as I want to like the game its so full of trap options its not funny. Difficulty means either you fight standard swat which is so trivial any gun works or tan FBI guys coming out of every orifice which the immune to body shots and massive HP pools that only a handful of weapons are viable taking them down in an ammo efficient manner.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

My steam name's the same as my forum name, and any denner is free to add me.

Payday 2's gold/XP payoffs are sketchy and the game is grindy as fuck, but the only map that's really worth speedrunning is nightclub, despite the popularity of speedrunning shit like 4stores and tiara. An overkill bankheist is 200k for fifteen minutes. 4stores can't touch that. Tiara could beat that, if you can run it under a minute AND you could spam it back to back infinitely (but because you can't select the missions, and the cash/XP/payday screens themselves take time, you can't). Nightclub is like 100k or more for a couple minutes, though, and is probably the most grindable thing in the game.

And yeah, the game is kind of trap optiony. Or at the very least, assault rifles take a decent chunk of attachments and a plentiful supply of ammo, while the reinfeld wins the game out of the box AND might as well have infinite ammo as long as you run over the corpses of the people you murder.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Well they just patched the David Blaine pull bags through walls bullshit out a few hours ago this might add some challenge back to a few maps.

Stealth is very wonky and inconsistent often to the detriment of the combat aspect. I can stand in the director of the FBI's office on firestarter day 2 in the heaviest armor in the game carrying a pair of shotguns and dance and a guard on the opposite side of the room cannot see me, but if I leave the alarm box in the room open he spots that instantly.