After Sundown: Greater Toronto Area; Scooby-Doo Monster Band

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Judging__Eagle
Prince

After Sundown: Greater Toronto Area; Scooby-Doo Monster Band

Post by Judging__Eagle »

So my most recent playtest of the kludge/remixed verstion of AS that I'm working on started up again yesterday; in the course of several hours, six players made characters (each filling one of the more recent versions of the character one-sheet), each giving a brief introduction as to who their character was, and the group deciding which PCs filled in which roles in the the group's "band", as well as established that the Character I'm running with the players is someone that they aren't supposed to necessarily like or respect (a Trog Hashashin who uses the cover of 'groupies' to disguise mules

interestingly enough, the Reborn Vocalist has Mask of a Thousand Faces; and the band's premise as a cover/impersonation + original songs band for supernatural crowds got a few more steps up in terms of plausibility;

the Werewolf is the drummer,

the Baali is lead guitar/song writer,

the Khaibit is the backup vocals, rhythm guitar;

the Icarid is the manager/bouncer;

Troglodyte character I made to facilitate the players characters interacting within the standard AS setting and its politics (as well as being the groups source of Power Points for the Baali's Feeding and Khabit (who has Theft of Vitae) and Magical healer; their role is "enabler" for the most part) is the bassist.

Funny enough, this character is the oldest in the group, which can help bring PCs up to speed in game, instead of out of game as to the history of the setting, without always having to break immersion.

Unlike other DMNPCs that I've seen in the past, this character is mostly passive to the plot, and only offers advice/help when it's obviously necessary; and have been built to bring "magical healing" via Cleanse the Body (which synergizes w/ the witches; and possibly the rest of the group if they also pick up Theft of Vitae).

This character stimulates some level of conflict b/c their backstory is that they've regularly offered "Long pig sirloin steaks" to members of the party who are worried about their eventual mortality, and is honest that this will make them lose their powers, and become an unattractive troglodyte instead.

[Going to clean this up and expand it later and post what happened based on the notes, but I'm heading out to meet with some of the players to hone what we're going to be doing in the future with this campaign]

So far, the players have:

-played their first show
-set up a heist of the Royal Ontario Museum to pick up the rest of Nerotep's burial goods; then pulling it off; Restrom, Nerotep and Marcus drove a van up from Lake Ontario creating a fog that crept in with ligthing bolts to simulate a freak storm; while Visage, Lucio/Neox and Needleteeth hung out in the ROM until it closed (and after the group had pre-arranged to take out the back-up generators with Call Lighting); and Nerotep could bust the main access to the power grid from the outside with some final lighting bolts)

-Since Visage, L/N and Nt have can see in the dark, they simply had to wait till the power went out (and no backups came online); L/N and Nt have Hide from Notice; while Visage has Mask of 1K Faces, so they had different ways to avoid the night guards until that point
-stealing Edward Teach's sword for The Wreckers (the Baali's cult)
-Stealing some tablets for the Order Draziban (Nerotep's cult)

-Marcus found out about the After Sundown Fight Club, and got into a cage match with a Troll; and due to being a ridiculous combat monster, dropped them in a single round.

-Restorm wants to start mind controlling police officers into killing people; b/c they hate authorities; and are part of the wreckers... not sure how this will turn out

This was all figured out on the fly; and I'm going to figure out the next steps for next weeks session between now and then.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.