Shadowrun Returns - Recommended Community-made content?

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Korwin wrote:
Koumei wrote:Including both of the recent-ish "It's Shadowrun but it isn't called Shadowrun"
What are they called/What are you talking about?
Satellite Reign and Invisible Inc.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

OgreBattle wrote:found out today that Duncan can subdue stunned enemies for a non lethal way to eliminate foes. He seems to be the only character that can do that though.
There is precisely one place in the game where that makes a distinction.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

Longes wrote:What disappointed me is that all three stories are about big bad magic thing comming to conquer the world
Though quite short the Hong Kong extended edition is thankfully just about dirty cops and corporate maneuvering.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Shady314 wrote:
Longes wrote:What disappointed me is that all three stories are about big bad magic thing comming to conquer the world
Though quite short the Hong Kong extended edition is thankfully just about dirty cops and corporate maneuvering.
And an demon godess (or something along that line), which you beat up.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

Korwin wrote:
Shady314 wrote:
And an demon godess (or something along that line), which you beat up.
No that's the base game. I said the extended edition.
SlyJohnny
Duke

Post by SlyJohnny »

Longes wrote:
OgreBattle wrote:found out today that Duncan can subdue stunned enemies for a non lethal way to eliminate foes. He seems to be the only character that can do that though.
What place is that?
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

SlyJohnny wrote:
Longes wrote:
What place is that?
There's a woman in her underwear in an apartment kitchen that's the girlfriend of your target who's in the apartment bedroom. When you grab the guy and drag him elsewhere for interrogation he accuses you of being an amoral mercenary 'cause you killed his girlfriend. If you had Duncan subdue her instead he remarks something along the lines of just beating her unconscious.

Other than that, subduing is good for taking out high hitpoint/armor metahumans in a one-two "stun and subdue" combo.
SlyJohnny
Duke

Post by SlyJohnny »

Oh, that's neat. I think I hit that guy in the car park and therefore missed that sequence. Yeah, the subdue move combos well with Duncan's shock baton.

I actually forgot/never realised they were planning to release an extra campaign for Hong Kong. I logged back into the game just now to check out the recommendation for Nightmare Harvest, and noticed there's a new dev-released content. Thanks, you guys!