Shadowrun Returns - Recommended Community-made content?

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Fuchs
Duke

Shadowrun Returns - Recommended Community-made content?

Post by Fuchs »

For those who have played the game, and delved into the community-made content: Which runs would you recommend?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Only played the DRM free version so far. Looking into community made content next.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i*d give it some time.
it's too new for there to be many good runs out there yet.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

How the hell do I get my save game from the DRM-free Version in the Steam Version (where the community-made Content is)???
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i'll ask on their board
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Has anyone else noticed yet how superior a Rifle wield Orc Street Samurai is to....everything?
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

How is Orc superior?
Quickness is the win stat in SRR, as far as I can tell.
Rawbeard
Knight-Baron

Post by Rawbeard »

I had a human, makes literally no difference, since Quickness makes you win at everything combat related, unless you care about grenades/melee. Elf might have extra win through to higher max Quickness, but that will hardly matter, since in my last playthrough nothing but AoE was able to hit me.

Sadface though, you will not be able to keep the 100000 nuyen you can get from James, since the last save is before you talk to him. Reminds me of Mass Effect transition to Mass Effect 2 "yeah, we kinda didn't have a save after you finished... so... can you quickly go through this questions and tell us what you did?"

Also what happend to the promised million? Basterds! Don't trust Elfs.
To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

deanruel87 wrote:Has anyone else noticed yet how superior a Rifle wield Orc Street Samurai is to....everything?
Nope. Human with a shotgun. One extra karma, kneecapper, goooooo!

[edited aside]
Also, I really love how many dorks are freaking out about how humans have lower caps than everyone else in a game in which it is fairly likely that you will not run out of Nice Things to upgrade until the game is virtually over, at which point I guess human players are expected to kill themselves over buyer's remorse instead of recognizing that up until that moment they creeped over a 9 had a quantifiable albeit slight advantage over everyone else.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Rawbeard wrote: Sadface though, you will not be able to keep the 100000 nuyen you can get from James, since the last save is before you talk to him. Reminds me of Mass Effect transition to Mass Effect 2 "yeah, we kinda didn't have a save after you finished... so... can you quickly go through this questions and tell us what you did?"

Also what happend to the promised million? Basterds! Don't trust Elfs.
What?
You did get the money?
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I haven't finished it, but I'm pissed about the 100,000 nuyen already. Technically, I actually killed the dude who committed the murder relatively early on. I don't recall "and all his superiors" being on the message.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Rawbeard
Knight-Baron

Post by Rawbeard »

Korwin wrote:What?
You did get the money?
Oh, my bad.
I meant the 100k from James Tellestrian Elfsace. I never expected the other 100k to actually happen, so... sadface anyway.
Was promised 1100k total, got 100k, can't keep any. Blergh.
Last edited by Rawbeard on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Korwin wrote:How the hell do I get my save game from the DRM-free Version in the Steam Version (where the community-made Content is)???
i got half an Answer:
Your save files for the DRM-free version are located on:

C:\Users[current user]\AppData\Local\Harebrained Schemes\Shadowrun Returns\Save

or alternatively

C:\Documents and Settings[current user]\AppData\Local\Harebrained Schemes\Shadowrun Returns\Saves

If /where C: happens to be your main hard drive, and [current user] happens to be your login name. The folder is hidden, so you may have to check your folder options in order to access it.

Now someone needs to confirm where the saves are placed when using the Steam platform.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Ups sorry, I got an answer on steam
ll right, someone who isn't me told me how to do that:

First you need an hex editor, he uses HxD. Launch the steam game once, create a character, wait for the first autosave (right away in the apartment) then quit the game.
Open autosave.sav from the steam game and copy everything from the start to "CREATION__" thats blocks from 0 to A0, open autosave.sav from the drm free game and copy over (it's called copy write in HxD) the same blocks.
Then open the other .sav from the steam game (it's named with a numeric value), copy the same blocks (0 to CREATION__) and copy them over the other save from the drm free game. Then copy the name of the file of that save from the steam game over the name of the file of the drm free,
Finally put the two modified saves in the steam saves folder.

For info the folders are :

steam : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXXXXXX\234650\remote\saves

DRM Free : C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\EMU\Steam\remote\saves yours is right
It worked too (Dont forget to rename the save game name, like I did.)
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

ah, good to know, thanks! ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

and after my first play through, i did a memory injection attack on the SRR process, then a search for the hex value of an in game decimal number and then i changed it to what i wanted it to be:
karma infinite and money a shit load.
the only way you can actually start as a melee capable troll <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Rawbeard
Knight-Baron

Post by Rawbeard »

I had no problems with a melee troll. Just make sure to use a weapon with AP damage, use another character to scout and do lot's of hit and run if a room is filled with uncomfortable amounts of shooty guys. Also have the support mage from the nephilim network with you, other slots are optional. he keeps you hasted and accurate. And learn the stupid way cleave works. You can stunlock whole groups of enemies if you funnel them into bottlenecks.

On another note, I found out the stupid behind cyberware with .5 essence loss. If you build it in at the same time as other .5 ware, everything is great. but if you have .5 at the end of an operation, it will round down (up?) and you will never, ever get that back. Yay. Very infinity engine to have stupid limitations, that make no fucking sense within the rules the games presents you.
Last edited by Rawbeard on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

See, to me that sounds like there's no problems with melee trolls once you have someone else who can work around all the problems.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

I've played "A Lost Lamb". Rather short run, no major mistakes/bugs I could see, other than having to complete all "optional" objectives until the main quest continued. Decent, though as I said already, short.
Rawbeard
Knight-Baron

Post by Rawbeard »

melee troll works the same without support. It just takes slightly longer. Considering you bring a knive to a gunfight AND are outnumbered it sounds like "no problem" to me
dirkformica
NPC

Post by dirkformica »

Has anyone found a place hosting the user generated content from Steamworks for use with the DRM free version of the game? I'd like to check out some of these early adventures like Life on a Limb and whatnot, but I can't find anywhere to get them other than Steamworks. And I'm not buying the game twice.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

didn't you get a steam key as well as the DRM free version?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

dirkformica wrote:Has anyone found a place hosting the user generated content from Steamworks for use with the DRM free version of the game? I'd like to check out some of these early adventures like Life on a Limb and whatnot, but I can't find anywhere to get them other than Steamworks. And I'm not buying the game twice.
take a look here:
http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discuss ... z-chums/p1
pretty far down on that page are links to one of the UGCs and instructions.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Well, this is interesting-looking: http://shadowrunidentity.org/
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Yes, VERY Ambitious.
Now we have to see if it's Top Gear Style or not . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote: