Steam Summer Sale

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Steam Summer Sale

Post by Prak »

Welp, it's started. And the discounts are obscene, as usual.

I picked up a game called God Mode, which looks like a high-customizability Shoot 'em Up which could just as well be called Valhalla: the FPS. Should be interesting. $5 on flash sale for the next few (four at the time of posting) hours.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I bought RPGMaker, which had been sitting in my wishlist waiting for a sale, and spent $3 on Bastion. And that's the limit of my crazy expenditures, but then again, it's not Summer here, it's Winter, so I'm cold and grumpy.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

RPGmaker is discounted? How much?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I only saw a content pack for it for $14.99. Though I did notice that Saints Row IV is up for pre-order with an offer of a few TF2 weapons, and a set of 'Murica themed weapon, jet and outfit. That's getting bought on my next unemployment payment.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I already have too many games!
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Store > Software > Page 3
RPGMaker VX Ace is $35USD at the moment, which is pretty good.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Thanks. I guess it's time to relapse into NWN mode.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

There's a Baldur's Gate mod for NWN. It's pretty quality so far.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

So, RPGMaker is now one of the daily sales at 66% instead of 50%. I'm pretty sure Steam feeds on the regret and frustration of its customers. Money is just a side benefit.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Haha, it may have transitioned to daily sale just as I finished inputting credit card data for the 50% sale.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Oh, if anyone wants to add me on Steam, my profile is here.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

I picked up Grimrock, Just Cause 2, Antichamber, and Fez.

My steam name is the same as my username here.
K
King

Post by K »

I picked up HoMM XI, Alice II, and Fallen Enchantress.

I now officially have a problem considering that around half of my games have either never been played or played for half an hour.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Damn, RPG Maker! Now I must create an account on this Steam thing and acquire it.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

K wrote:I picked up HoMM XI, Alice II, and Fallen Enchantress.

I now officially have a problem considering that around half of my games have either never been played or played for half an hour.
Please don't make me think about all the money I've spent/wasted that way. Steam throws it up on sale, then I think "hey, that's cool, I'll grab it and throw it on the backlog," but there's only so much time in a day you can spend on videogames and the backlog becomes an impossible and daunting foe but if you don't buy it then the sale will end and who knows when it'll come again and STOP IT STEAM STOP TAKING MY MONEY I NEED THAT TO EAT
Istred
1st Level

Post by Istred »

nockermensch wrote:Damn, RPG Maker! Now I must create an account on this Steam thing and acquire it.
It had a -66% discount during the sale, there is a possibility they will repeat the offer.
K wrote:I picked up HoMM XI
HoMM... XI?
Last edited by Istred on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Heroes of Might and Magic 11, I imagine.

My game list is still pretty small: RPGMaker, Torchlight 2, Bastion, FF7, Dungeon Defenders, Trine 2. Need to get an actual mouse, as some of these games actually require middle-click. Uninstalled Dragon Nest, Ragnarok Online and Archeblade, all of which were free.

At some point (I'm still in the "can't do game transfers because too new" stage), I'll be gifted Portal and RecceTear. But I don't intend on blowing heaps of money on sales and having a massive library of games I never play.
K
King

Post by K »

Heroes of Might and Magic VI.

Roman numeral fail ftw.