The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
GOG Winter Sale:Games up to 90% off and Free Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: GOG Winter Sale:Games up to 90% off and Free Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gog.com/

There is a massive sale going on at gog.com.

Last edited by Leress on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:01 pm; edited 108 times in total
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. =-)
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, some interesting games available. I'm probably gonna pick up Defender's Quest now that it's less than 10$.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, is this any good?

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/strike_suit_zero

I think I remember someone plugging it before, but I don't recall the details.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured I'd grab TL for shits and giggles. Played it a bit. It's pretty much a straight up Diablo clone. Not necessarily bad (though I hate preset characters...), but not much more from the little glimpse I got today while waiting for some friends.

It's worth the price, though, I guess.

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
name_here
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Avoraciopoctules wrote:
Actually, is this any good?

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/strike_suit_zero

I think I remember someone plugging it before, but I don't recall the details.

It's all right. It's kind of a freespace-style space sim, but with a Robotech-style transforming fighter where the transformed mode can vomit forth excessive quantities of tracking missiles

My main beef with it is that much of the game involves defending capital ships, and hunting down torpedoes is a massive, massive pain. Only the carrier seems to be able to reliably shoot down the majority of a single torpedo volley from a corvette, and my god do you fight a lot of corvettes in that game. Another major portion of the game is destroying the defensive turrets of enemy capital ships to allow friendly bombers to attack them, which is infuriating in light of how enemy bombers take identical allied ships to pieces with trivial ease. Then there's a mission where you must defend an allied capital ship from an enemy carrier with anti-capital beams in addition to its point defense and literally dozens of fighters.
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
name_here
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damnit, now I have like ten more games than I did yesterday.
It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gog.com/promo/dnd_gems

75% off a bundle of 10 Dnd Games
Doom
Duke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of these days I'll get Torment....I have the signed plaque from the demo I went to hanging on my wall. I exchanged a bunch of e-mails with one of the devs, then one day...nothing.

I'm sure he talked to a lawyer or something, and I offered to sign away rights to whatever ideas we discussed (he liked my 'thousand needles' spell, fwiw)...but no response ever. It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I avoided the game, which I hear is all kinds of awesome.

And you aren't shot in the face?

Frank Trollman wrote:
A government is also immortal ...On the plus side, once the United Kingdom is no longer united, the United States of America will be the oldest country in the world. USA!
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought all of those except Baldur's Gate, which I had already bought earlier.

However, it glitched out on me and I had to uninstall it. I should probably try it again one of these days.

virgil wrote:
And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First Dnd Gems, now the Witcher. I bought these since I've always wanted to play these.
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The sale still there? I might just buy these two.

virgil wrote:
And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

icyshadowlord wrote:
The sale still there? I might just buy these two.

Sorry the sale ended yesterday.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

System Shock 2 75% off

http://www.gog.com/news/classic_gem_promo_system_shock_2

Pick 5 games save 80%

http://www.gog.com/news/special_promo_pick_5_games_save_80
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak_Anima wrote:
I figured I'd grab TL for shits and giggles. Played it a bit. It's pretty much a straight up Diablo clone. Not necessarily bad (though I hate preset characters...), but not much more from the little glimpse I got today while waiting for some friends.

It's worth the price, though, I guess.

I really suggest you grab TL2 on Steam, then get the Synergies mod. It seriously is "Diablo 2, except good instead of shit".
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's some interesting stuff in the new sale. Shame I just backed 3 kickstarter projects, I've about burned through this month's frivolity budget.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Many good games 60% off

http://www.gog.com/news/weekend_promo_september_rpg_special

Also Flight of the Amazon Queen and Stargunner are there for free.

http://www.gog.com/game/flight_of_the_amazon_queen

http://www.gog.com/game/stargunner

Last edited by Leress on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
violence in the media
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of this sale, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Arcanum to run on a 64 bit Windows 8 machine?

The weird thing is that the game ran on Saturday when I bought it, and then refused to launch properly on Sunday. I've tried many of the suggestions I've found to fix the problem, but I've had no luck so far. I tried re-installing the game, hoping to replicate the initial state where it worked, and that failed to fix things too.

I posted this on GOG's forums, but I haven't received any replies yet.
Surgo
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played Stargunner when I was a kid; actually bought it on CD (not sure I still have the CD). It's actually a pretty damn fun game but really really hard when I played it as a kid.
Corsair114
Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

violence in the media wrote:
Speaking of this sale, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Arcanum to run on a 64 bit Windows 8 machine?

The weird thing is that the game ran on Saturday when I bought it, and then refused to launch properly on Sunday. I've tried many of the suggestions I've found to fix the problem, but I've had no luck so far. I tried re-installing the game, hoping to replicate the initial state where it worked, and that failed to fix things too.

If you don't have any luck on GoG, you can give these forums a try.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This week there is a sale up to 80% off of 5 indie games

http://www.gog.com/news/super_5_five_new_indies_up_to_80_off
violence in the media
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Corsair114 wrote:
violence in the media wrote:

If you don't have any luck on GoG, you can give these forums a try.

Thanks for that. I finally got it to work by disabling Adobe Creative Cloud.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gog.com/news/indie_gem_promo_rogue_legacy

Rogue Legacay 50% off for 24 hours.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gog.com/news/weekend_promo_bentertaining_interplayb

Weekend Promo 50% off Interplay games.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gog.com/news/special_promo_get_the_witcher_free_with_any_purchase

They are really trying to get people get to play the Witcher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: