GOG Giveaway: Hero of the Kingdom II 72 hours

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Leress
Prince

GOG Giveaway: Hero of the Kingdom II 72 hours

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/

There is a massive sale going on at gog.com.
Last edited by Leress on Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 140 times in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Thanks. =-)
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Yeah, some interesting games available. I'm probably gonna pick up Defender's Quest now that it's less than 10$.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Actually, is this any good?

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/strike_suit_zero

I think I remember someone plugging it before, but I don't recall the details.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I figured I'd grab TL for shits and giggles. Played it a bit. It's pretty much a straight up Diablo clone. Not necessarily bad (though I hate preset characters...), but not much more from the little glimpse I got today while waiting for some friends.

It's worth the price, though, I guess.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Actually, is this any good?

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/strike_suit_zero

I think I remember someone plugging it before, but I don't recall the details.
It's all right. It's kind of a freespace-style space sim, but with a Robotech-style transforming fighter where the transformed mode can vomit forth excessive quantities of tracking missiles

My main beef with it is that much of the game involves defending capital ships, and hunting down torpedoes is a massive, massive pain. Only the carrier seems to be able to reliably shoot down the majority of a single torpedo volley from a corvette, and my god do you fight a lot of corvettes in that game. Another major portion of the game is destroying the defensive turrets of enemy capital ships to allow friendly bombers to attack them, which is infuriating in light of how enemy bombers take identical allied ships to pieces with trivial ease. Then there's a mission where you must defend an allied capital ship from an enemy carrier with anti-capital beams in addition to its point defense and literally dozens of fighters.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Damnit, now I have like ten more games than I did yesterday.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/promo/dnd_gems

75% off a bundle of 10 Dnd Games
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

One of these days I'll get Torment....I have the signed plaque from the demo I went to hanging on my wall. I exchanged a bunch of e-mails with one of the devs, then one day...nothing.

I'm sure he talked to a lawyer or something, and I offered to sign away rights to whatever ideas we discussed (he liked my 'thousand needles' spell, fwiw)...but no response ever. It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I avoided the game, which I hear is all kinds of awesome.
Kaelik, to Tzor wrote: And you aren't shot in the face?
Frank Trollman wrote:A government is also immortal ...On the plus side, once the United Kingdom is no longer united, the United States of America will be the oldest country in the world. USA!
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

I bought all of those except Baldur's Gate, which I had already bought earlier.

However, it glitched out on me and I had to uninstall it. I should probably try it again one of these days.
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

First Dnd Gems, now the Witcher. I bought these since I've always wanted to play these.
]
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

The sale still there? I might just buy these two.
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

icyshadowlord wrote:The sale still there? I might just buy these two.
Sorry the sale ended yesterday.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

]
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Prak_Anima wrote:I figured I'd grab TL for shits and giggles. Played it a bit. It's pretty much a straight up Diablo clone. Not necessarily bad (though I hate preset characters...), but not much more from the little glimpse I got today while waiting for some friends.

It's worth the price, though, I guess.
I really suggest you grab TL2 on Steam, then get the Synergies mod. It seriously is "Diablo 2, except good instead of shit".
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

There's some interesting stuff in the new sale. Shame I just backed 3 kickstarter projects, I've about burned through this month's frivolity budget.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Many good games 60% off

http://www.gog.com/news/weekend_promo_s ... pg_special

Also Flight of the Amazon Queen and Stargunner are there for free.

http://www.gog.com/game/flight_of_the_amazon_queen

http://www.gog.com/game/stargunner
Last edited by Leress on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
]
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

Speaking of this sale, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Arcanum to run on a 64 bit Windows 8 machine?

The weird thing is that the game ran on Saturday when I bought it, and then refused to launch properly on Sunday. I've tried many of the suggestions I've found to fix the problem, but I've had no luck so far. I tried re-installing the game, hoping to replicate the initial state where it worked, and that failed to fix things too.

I posted this on GOG's forums, but I haven't received any replies yet.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I played Stargunner when I was a kid; actually bought it on CD (not sure I still have the CD). It's actually a pretty damn fun game but really really hard when I played it as a kid.
Corsair114
Master

Post by Corsair114 »

violence in the media wrote:Speaking of this sale, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Arcanum to run on a 64 bit Windows 8 machine?

The weird thing is that the game ran on Saturday when I bought it, and then refused to launch properly on Sunday. I've tried many of the suggestions I've found to fix the problem, but I've had no luck so far. I tried re-installing the game, hoping to replicate the initial state where it worked, and that failed to fix things too.

If you don't have any luck on GoG, you can give these forums a try.
The rules are the game, without them you're just playing cowboys and indians with a side of craps. Image
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

This week there is a sale up to 80% off of 5 indie games

http://www.gog.com/news/super_5_five_ne ... _to_80_off
]
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

Corsair114 wrote:
violence in the media wrote:Speaking of this sale, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Arcanum to run on a 64 bit Windows 8 machine?

If you don't have any luck on GoG, you can give these forums a try.
Thanks for that. I finally got it to work by disabling Adobe Creative Cloud.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/news/indie_gem_promo_rogue_legacy

Rogue Legacay 50% off for 24 hours.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/news/weekend_promo_b ... interplayb

Weekend Promo 50% off Interplay games.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/news/special_promo_g ... y_purchase

They are really trying to get people get to play the Witcher.
]