Archmage: Mictlan
Marisel: Ashdod
Orion: Eriu
name_here: Pythium
CapnTthePirateG: R'lyeh

VPs in Capitals: Yes
VPs on Map: 5
VPs to Win: 7 of 10
Last edited by Archmage on Mon May 27, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P.C. Hodgell wrote:That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.
shadzar wrote:i think the apostrophe is an outdated idea such as is hyphenation.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I don't consider myself a super-hardcore player. Lots of stuff just involves too much tedious micro for me to bother. I might be open to joining a new online Dom3 game in around a month. Right now, I'm a little swamped by work, and I can't take on new game commitments.
Marisel
NPC

Post by Marisel »

I'd be interested in such a thing.

Assuming MA, my preferences would be

1. Ashdod
2. Vanheim
3. Abysia
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

1: Eriu
2: C'Tis
3: Bandar Log

But, I'd rather play EA.
Last edited by Orion on Fri May 24, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

If I can sort out afteraffects of reinstalling Windows and track down my copy, I'll give it a shot.

1. Pythium
2. Caelum
3. Man
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

I'm in.

Rl'yeh or Atlantis please.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

That's 4 +1 "if I can get Dom3 working," which I'll consider a provisional yes, so I am thinking we have 5 people and room for one more if they sign up quickly enough.

I myself will take Mictlan, and everyone gets their first choice at this point (except for Orion, who does not get to time-warp us to EA).

I'm open to map suggestions. I'll be honest and say I hate picking maps. First reasonable map suggestion is probably going to get chosen. If nobody suggests anything by the end of the weekend I will pick something and you will deal with it. Land of Pareto Efficiency isn't terrible but is very small (49 land + 9 sea). I am kind of inclined to go with that because it will make the game faster, but a bigger map would be okay.

Oh, and I favor playing with VPs on.
Last edited by Archmage on Sat May 25, 2013 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadzar wrote:i think the apostrophe is an outdated idea such as is hyphenation.
John Magnum
Knight-Baron

Post by John Magnum »

I've never played, but it sounds kind of interesting. How hard is it to go from "Knows absolutely nothing about Dom3" to "familiar enough with the mechanics to play and lose horribly"?
-JM
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

John Magnum wrote:I've never played, but it sounds kind of interesting. How hard is it to go from "Knows absolutely nothing about Dom3" to "familiar enough with the mechanics to play and lose horribly"?
The in-game tutorial will manage that.
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

You are welcome to join us as a total newbie. All I ask is that you confirm interest and pick a nation before Monday rolls around.
John Magnum
Knight-Baron

Post by John Magnum »

Uhhh actually not gonna confirm interest this time around because I had sticker shock on the game. I'm curious since everyone talks about it a lot on the Den, but right now not $30 whim curious. Hope you find a sixth, or it works with five.
-JM
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

Shame. Oh well!

Map link - Land of Pareto Efficiency. It has 5 starts (4 land and 1 sea), and the ocean is not so big that our water nation has a ton of uncontested almost-free territory.

If enough people complain that they want a bigger map I will take suggestions.
Last edited by Archmage on Sun May 26, 2013 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

Game is up. Submit Pretenders!
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

How do I do that? I can't seem to find a submit pretender button.

EDIT:Nevermind, we should be seeing Boogly in a bit.
Last edited by CapnTthePirateG on Mon May 27, 2013 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

I nominate "Eriu Gonna Eat That?" as my favorite pretender name to date.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

I'm gonna second that.

I submit also that I put the "yay" in R'lyeh
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Fuck hurricanes.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

R'yleh, you should be aware that Mictlan considers that peninsula its territory, and we think you should be content to hold the seas.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

The All-Knowing Graphs And Charts tell me that R'leyh has plenty to be happy about.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

R'lyeh was there first and did the hard work of excising the independents. We have no intention of leaving our hard-won peninsula.

R'lyeh thinks you should go get another peninsula somewhere else.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Pythium is fixing its present claims at the edges of the mountain range.

Electrical death is on hand to resolve any complaints regarding this matter.
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

R'yleh, if you need a turn extension or something, say so.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

I think I got in on time, we're good.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

I probably won't be able to take my turn till tomorrow night, so I may need an extension.