New subforum request: Video James

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

New subforum request: Video James

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

The video game thread is like a trillion pages long and it's hard to find threads about specific games. Which is annoying because peoples' gaming interests don't follow a linear progression in which you can just find people talking about Contra by clicking the first few pages.

I say that it's time for a new video game forum. Especially since this place is called TGD.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

I don't know if you've noticed, but people go ahead and post about video games in IMHO despite it not actually having the words "video game" anywhere in the name. Seriously, go hog wild with your video games there.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I second the motion for a vidjya game forum.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I"m curious what all the different topics would be? So far, we have Video Games & Pokemon as far as I know.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I think, Cynic, that the point would be separating the Video Game thread into several representing the many games in that thread.

;)

And even though I'm seriously not a video gamer, I support y'all.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

Post by Vebyast »

I'd be interested in seeing TTRPG analyses expanded to CRPGs. There's a little bit of this in IMOI already; might be useful to give it its own spot. This is balanced by the risk that it'd turn into r/gaming or something. Worth a test run, at least, if it's possible to kill it with fire it if it turns out bad.
DSMatticus wrote:There are two things you can learn from the Gaming Den:
1) Good design practices.
2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Y'all enjoy!

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Should probably move the Dominions 3 thread over there too.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Also, the POKEYMANS thread is still in MPSIMS.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Links, please.

Game On,
fbmf
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).