The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Video Games Rename?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Video Games Rename? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the risk of being given the world and then demanding a gold frame around it, every time I see the 'Video Games' subforum name, it doesn't feel right. The other subforum names have set a different standard.

My suggestion would be 'Ones and Zeroes.'
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Joysticks!

Or something.
shadzar
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In My Button Mashing?
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everything else is from the first person using a personal pronoun: "my opinion", "my own invention", "I must share", etc. Therefore:

• Leeeeeeeeerooyyyyyyyy Jennnnnnnnkinsssssssss
  • I'm commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on The Den
  • I'm in ur base killin ur d00ds
  • I never asked for this

2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.

Last edited by Vebyast on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whatever
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In My Not So Humble Opinion?
Guyr Adamantine
Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vebyast wrote:
Everything else is from the first person using a personal pronoun: "my opinion", "my own invention", "I must share", etc. Therefore:

• Leeeeeeeeerooyyyyyyyy Jennnnnnnnkinsssssssss
  • I'm commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on The Den
  • I'm in ur base killin ur d00ds
  • I never asked for this

Number two is sadly too long, so I vote for number four.
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vebyast wrote:
I never asked for this

God damnit, I shouldn't like that as much as I do.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2 and four are right out.

Can't be based on a game that no one is going to give a shit about in 10 years, and it has to actually convey the what the forum is about.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Sigil
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my free time?
wotmaniac
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vebyast wrote:
Everything else is from the first person using a personal pronoun: "my opinion", "my own invention", "I must share", etc.

"In the trenches"?
"Ones and Zeroes" seems to be back on the table
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Video Games Rename? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
At the risk of being given the world and then demanding a gold frame around it...'

...is exactly what this sounds like.

Game On,
fbmf
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
2 and four are right out.

Can't be based on a game that no one is going to give a shit about in 10 years, and it has to actually convey the what the forum is about.

Do people give a shit about it now? Anyway, I reject the notion that time can take my crappy memes away from me. Second point I agree with, and I'll add that it should also be vaguely of the form of the other boards - it should be a short phrase, first word preferably starting with I.

That said, I don't really have any ideas at the moment.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey fbmf, can I have $3.50? /ducks
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure who actually performed the rename, but thanks.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No problem.

Game On,
fbmf
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn it! Now I want a glass of milk!

Wink
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's good that I can have a thread to sperg about vidjya games I'm playing without people complaining that no one cares and I'm derailing the one video game thread. I do appreciate a place where I can do that without getting on anyone else's tits.
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel like I should get what the joke is about the new name, but I just can't seem to puzzle it out.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrapnel wrote:
I feel like I should get what the joke is about the new name, but I just can't seem to puzzle it out.

People asked for a forum, fbmf gave us one. Then people asked for a rename, so he is making fun us for not being satisfied.

Which is complete bullshit, because asking for a rename is perfectly valid provided anyone could come up with a rename.

And now the video game forum is named so that literally no one who hasn't gone inside and read the threads will ever know what it means.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:

And now the video game forum is named so that literally no one who hasn't gone inside and read the threads will ever know what it means.
That's half true. You wouldn't know by looking at the title, but there is this caption immediately below the title:

"Discussions and debates about video games"
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so then it's not an uber obscure video game reference? That's good, 'cos I was driving myself mad by wracking my mindbrains for what it might mean.

Whatever
Duke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_You_Give_a_Mouse_a_Cookie
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:

I can see the description "Discussions and debates about video games". That lets me know what the sub-forum is all about.

Good enough.

I'm happy since now the video game discussions are parsed out so that I don't have to follow one ginormous thread for the possible 5% of topics that may interest me. I had given up and just marked all threads as read rather than wading through ye olde videogame thread.
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh, I thought it was a reference to computer mice and browser cookies.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Huh, I thought it was a reference to computer mice and browser cookies.

It works on a couple levels.

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: