League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:I can't wait for some nerfs to Kench and Mundo. Those guys have been a problem for a while now.

Also, placed in Plat I after going 6-4 in placements.
God I fucking hate soft reset bullshit.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

It does seem kind of pointless, what with MMR staying the same. I'm getting 30 lp per win right now.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:It does seem kind of pointless, what with MMR staying the same. I'm getting 30 lp per win right now.
I hate it because I'm 3-4 in placements and I haven't played a single game that wasn't against plats last season. Then I'm going to be placed in silver I, and play against Plats and Golds Is/IIs and fail over and over again to win 3 of 5 placement games because I'M PLAYING AGAINST PLATS!

MMR is fucking stupid in an ELO system. If I'm that much better than people of my elo, let me fucking move to the next division you shits. Or match me against Silver I Trash so I can easily win my placements, pick one.
Last edited by Kaelik on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I don't understand the system either. Thing is, you won't be placed in silver if you're playing against primarily plats right now. You'll likely land in mid gold since your placement is based on MMR as far as I know.

What's stupid is the placement is capped at Plat I, so I literally played a plat I game with goddamn Dyrus and a bunch of former Masters players in it. That's dumb, that sort of game shouldn't happen.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Back in Diamond! Also I love the new ranked system. Getting to pick two roles is so much better than having to go to lanes where I only know one champion well.
sandmann wrote:

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

You know what sucks? They removed ranked 5s, my favorite mode, and replaced it with a shitty queue where I can't play with all my friends because all my friends aren't plat or higher.

Riot has now made it so you have to smurf if you want to play ranked with your friends. But now the solo/duo and 5s queues are merged, so if you're running 5 people it's your team (which definitely has smurfs) vs the other team (which only probably has smurfs), making matchmaking a shitshow and artificially boosting many people's solo queue ranks. Plat and Gold are going to be hell in this new system, Diamond/Masters will remain pretty unchanged and Challenger will be even stupider.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:You know what sucks? They removed ranked 5s, my favorite mode, and replaced it with a shitty queue where I can't play with all my friends because all my friends aren't plat or higher.

Riot has now made it so you have to smurf if you want to play ranked with your friends. But now the solo/duo and 5s queues are merged, so if you're running 5 people it's your team (which definitely has smurfs) vs the other team (which only probably has smurfs), making matchmaking a shitshow and artificially boosting many people's solo queue ranks. Plat and Gold are going to be hell in this new system, Diamond/Masters will remain pretty unchanged and Challenger will be even stupider.
As someone who doesn't have four friends who play League together, this hasn't affected me at all, but now that I think about it, you are correct, it has become impossible to play Ranked with divergent ranked friends without smurfing.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

If you're playing with friends who diverge wildly in rank, you can play normal draft.

Dynamic queue has been out for a long time, and I've been reading about how terrible and broken the system is from the day it was announced... yet in my shitty plat/gold elo it seems like nothing at all has changed at all. Same amount of smurfing, same proportion of winnable matches, same number of people who obviously belong a tier below.

Having seen some hilarious challenger queues (SKT in dynamic queue, for instance), I don't doubt that this looks bad for really high-skill players. But the promised doom & demise of matchmaking has yet to come about.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:If you're playing with friends who diverge wildly in rank, you can play normal draft.

Dynamic queue has been out for a long time, and I've been reading about how terrible and broken the system is from the day it was announced... yet in my shitty plat/gold elo it seems like nothing at all has changed at all. Same amount of smurfing, same proportion of winnable matches, same number of people who obviously belong a tier below.

Having seen some hilarious challenger queues (SKT in dynamic queue, for instance), I don't doubt that this looks bad for really high-skill players. But the promised doom & demise of matchmaking has yet to come about.
I've noticed a lot more people who are unfathomably bad and/or dodge when they don't get the one role they want.

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

...You Lost Me wrote:If you're playing with friends who diverge wildly in rank, you can play normal draft.

Doing the whole pick/ban process in dynamic queue sucks for normal drafts. It's such a long process and I want to know I'll be playing a game people actually want to win if I'm going to do that shit. Ranked makes people care at least some small amount more than they care about non-ranked. I know in normals I pick stupid bullshit and do stupid bullshit because I'm playing with more of a focus on learning and making #LCSBigPlays than winning.

My worry about gold/plat is that, now that we know we aren't getting ranked 5s, I (and other high-rank players) are going to have to make smurfs to play the game competitively with our friends. This is going to make the game worse for the 5 people we play against because they will be mismatched unless they have similar smurfs on their team.

I haven't made a smurf yet, but I'm going to be borrowing a friend's so I can actually play with my friends. It's fucking stupid.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Even if ranked 5's were enabled, it would end up using the same selection system as the new ranked queue, so I don't think that's a point for or against. As for you / your friends not trying unless they get shiny badges... I can't really sympathize.

Maybe there will be a lot of high elo players who want to play in a serious-but-not-that-serious way with friends who can't overcome their subconscious crow-like instincts... but I'm very hard-pressed to believe that's anything near a problem for the ranked system. Time will tell.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I've gotten my smurf (a friend's smurf, so no grinding!) and have played 6 games. Yes, two of them have ended before 20 minutes and the others were all stomps once midgame rolled around (I did have one game last long enough for my team to take 2 barons, all lanes but mine were down several kills). We're probably playing people at mid-early gold levels, so I'm hoping to boost all my friends to plat and then play with them on my main account.

My one complaint about the account is that it has an incredibly shitty rune loadout (lifesteal quints + AD marks for adc) and some of the worst meta adcs (Ashe, MF, and Tristana are my options). For the process, I feel a little bad for ruining the game for people, but this is how I get to play with my friends. This is objectively worse than ranked 5s and will continue being so for hundreds of games unless this smurf gets placed in Plat right away (then it'll be kind of similar to ranked 5s after however many games it takes to boost my friends to Plat).
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

So now that Rammus top, and ZZrot are things, I've gone back to counterpicking with Nasus, and found out something interesting...

Zz'rot minions give stacks to Nasus...

I just had 1k stacks in a 31 minute game.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Oh my god. So you can never buy Zz'rot against Nasus.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:
Oh my god. So you can never buy Zz'rot against Nasus.
Pretty much... I guess you could try putting one down somewhere then leaving and trying to win a 5 man turret dive while Nasus free farms, but if you even can do that, he can just kill the portal and then join the teamfight.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Considering how popular Zz'rot is, I wish Nasus were picked in the LCS. He seems like a good way to discourage Zz'rot pickups... then again, juggernauts, normal lanes, and sending champs to split-push doesn't seem valuable in this meta.

I've tried out the new Shen, and I'm really enjoying it. His damage is pretty good early (falls off a lot late), and you can get some clutch plays with the AoE miss. His base HP is awful, so I'm thinking of running HP regen or HP quint, and always taking SotA.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:Considering how popular Zz'rot is, I wish Nasus were picked in the LCS. He seems like a good way to discourage Zz'rot pickups... then again, juggernauts, normal lanes, and sending champs to split-push doesn't seem valuable in this meta.
Yeah, for Nasus work at all, you sort of have to be able to have a lane, and that isn't a thing that is allowed to happen in the current meta.

I recall one Nasus game that ended with a Nasus taking the nexus in some LCS within the last year, but it's mostly completely impossible.

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I am not a fan of this new meta.

The new solo queue meta is pretty much fat tank top, ridiculous DPS jungle that's also tanky (people have realized Yi only needs 2 damage items), then assassin or Lux mid and nobody gives a shit about bot (unless there's a Kog, but now he doesn't seem as important). It's on-hit season again and Riot will end up nerfing it soon enough.

Champion viability has gone to shit again. ADCs are Lucian, Kog, Cait, Corki (but he should be mid), and mayyyyybe Ezreal. Supports are Soraka, Thresh, Alistar, maybe Tahm and Janna too. Top is a fat tank, jungle is going to be Shyv, Yi, Udyr, Xin, Jax. Mid is Ahri, Zed, Talon, Yasuo, and Lux.
Getting bored of the current league at the non-gold level because of how stale the picks are. It's a race to devourer and then whoever gets sated first will completely shitstomp the first fight and probably win the game. The one exception is if one lane runs away with the game, but that doesn't happen much.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

And as we bring it up, Vitality plays Nasus in the EU LCS.

And loses, because he has to team fight all game and can never split push.
Last edited by Kaelik on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I just watched that Vitality game. He was actually pretty useful in teamfights, but they didn't pick around him so he seemed like dead weight when nobody could offer speed boosts or lockdown. I think a Sion pick (infinite health instead of infinite damage) would have been better to solve the lack of a dedicated initiator. That, or take Elise / Rek'sai (?) to help set up picks. A support Morgana or Karma would have given better synergy with a juggernaut without losing the ability to peel away Rammus.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

So I've been playing a whole bunch of Graves top lately and it feels like he's still boss despite the nerfs. Like playing him reminds me of old Ryze back in season 4. You get to be a huge lane bully then build surprisingly tanky relative to how much damage you dish out because you build stuff like Maw and Sterak's.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Why nerf Janna, did I miss something?
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Apparently she is one of the most banned champions in bronze through plat at least. I don't know about diamond.

But yeah, I have no idea why, because she doesn't seem noticeably stronger than she ever has.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

She's had a 55% win rate with moderate play rate at most ranks. Constantly a strong pick in solo queue.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

...You Lost Me wrote:She's had a 55% win rate with moderate play rate at most ranks. Constantly a strong pick in solo queue.
I wouldn't be surprised if she had a high win rate, she's a flex pick for me at this point. I pick her if we have a poke comp, and since she's a good pick for poke comps I win a lot if I pick her. The side benefits that were nerfed don't really hit her role at all and that's fine, but it won't solve the problem and Janna will keep getting nerfed. Has Riot considered that perhaps making Champions fill really specific niches could skew win rates since you can flex pick most champions?

The nerf mostly seems weird because it doesn't hit the abusive part of Janna's kit. Remember when they made her ult an immediate cast? That was stupid because it made it so Janna shuts down all divers always with 0 counterplay if Janna has a reaction time of "is a living human being." Eventually nerfing every skill she has will balance her out, but the big issue is "Janna is an impenetrable wall against any divers" and that isn't balanced by nerfing her shield AD ratio. Make her ult have that delay again and she won't be able to cancel Irelia/Renekton/Jax stuns with a near-100% success rate, which is her primary issue.

Mao buffs though. Pick the shit out of Maokai while you still can. Really, adding MR growth to him means a lot. He can not be picked against AD tops and build specifically for lane and still be a beast midgame.
sandmann wrote: