League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

So, um, Kha'zix anyone?
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Never played him, but apparently if you figure out his mechanics he can be an absolute terror as an AD mid. Good jungler too, from what I've seen.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I can't play him for crap because he's a squishy melee champ, but I love watching one in action.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

I've been running him jungler.

He is so far a baller when played correctly: stealth behind target, jump, w, q, q,q, murder. Needs blue in jungle though.

I usually take LeBlanc mid, so I haven't actually taken him mid.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Yeah, same here. My standard mids are Ryze and Anivia, neither of whom are anything like Kha'Zix. I'd probably fail horrendously.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

He plays a little like fizz (you need to use melee stuff, he has a gap closer, kill speed is similar) so if you're looking for someone to work into him, that's a good idea. 6300 IP is a lot though and fizz won't be free for maybe a month.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

I played fizz in a couple of games, and didn't really go further than that. The closest champion that I regularly play would probably be Jax, who's really more of a bruiser than a bursty assassin. There's actually a build I came up with that I want to try out which is entirely AP, CDR, and AS. From my theorycrafting, you'll suck early game, but if you can snowball and get fed you're a terror. You rush a Nashor's into DFG, Lich Bane, Rabadon's or Malady, Sorc, and Warmog's. You really need most of those items to be effective, which is problematic unless it's a long game, but with a 2-second cooldown on W, which has .7 ap scaling, plus a lich bane proc, plus your ult, it's a a lot of damage.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

You're going to be the squishiest Jax ever with that build.

If you want damage, the old standby of Trinity Force combined with the new Blade of the Ruined King is more than plenty. And that's only two items.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Warmogs+ult actually gives jax a decent amount of tankiness, and ideally I'll be able to burst down an adc in short order with that much damage. It's probably just impractical, though. Usually I rush BoTRK with a giant's belt on the way if I'm behind, grab a Warmog's, then either get more tankiness (Randuin's/Maw/Thornmail) or more damage (Tforce, usually)
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

The trouble with the build is that it doesn't output as much damage on towers (the AP is only coming out every 2sec on lich bane) and you've got no life steal or spellvamp there.

Since BoTRK is so BORK'ed, you should pretty much always take it first, and then just build like every other bruiser top.

I remember when miss chance was still a thing and jax had his awesome miss chance that proc'd a stun. God that was fun.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Grinding through low level shitty games is traumatizing.

I have not yet played a 5v5. I have played two 5v4s, one 4v4, and one... something there was afks and disconnects and reconnects. It was confusing.

Also, everyone is terrible, and I hate them.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Yup. My friend's girlfriend is just getting into league, so a bunch of us made smurfs to play with her and it was utterly horrific. I was lucky in that I got to tag along with a bunch of high level people, which made it passable.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Kaelik wrote:Grinding through low level shitty games is traumatizing.

I have not yet played a 5v5. I have played two 5v4s, one 4v4, and one... something there was afks and disconnects and reconnects. It was confusing.

Also, everyone is terrible, and I hate them.
Get some friends who are higher level. It's how we train noobs at my school.
Ravengm
Knight

Post by Ravengm »

I play and I'm down for playing with new people.

Summoner name is same as forum name.
Random thing I saw on Facebook wrote:Just make sure to compare your results from Weapon Bracket Table and Elevator Load Composition (Dragon Magazine #12) to the Perfunctory Armor Glossary, Version 3.8 (Races of Minneapolis, pp. 183). Then use your result as input to the "DM Says Screw You" equation.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

A word of advice. Do not play ranked solo queue.

I decided to play my first ranked game today and ended up with a team of failure. While I went 10-4 overall as LeBlanc (made a few dumb mistakes but mostly the team collapsing) my team:

-allowed them to invade and take blue buff. As in we had lost no one but just kinda sat there.
-bot turret went down after 5 mins
-let the enemy caitlyn get a quadra
-ran off alone into the whole enemy team

and more. Meanwhile I'm trying to carry - I shut down cait after the quadra, got a 19 min deathcap, won my lane, helped get the mid turret - while our Draven wanders into the entire enemy team at baron and dies.

So don't play ranked.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

This is one of those games that I've always wanted to try but I've never played a game of its type before and I can already imagine how annoying veteran players can get in a game with a roster that runs a hundred deep.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

If we can get enough Den players together we might be able to mildly cushion your beginning experiences, and in all honestly League has systems in place that at least make the community slightly less toxic than you see in other MOBAs.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

I have no idea why you would want to "cushion" your early game play. Well. Aside from the bad community.

Sure the drop outs are damn annoying but it gives you a chance to actually learn, which seriously "mentoring" setups in that community are NOT a good alternative to (I mean just look at the stupid shit Korgan is being indoctrinated into).

But more importantly your pre-30 levels are levels in which, if you can develop a little skill a little early, you can enjoy diverse and interesting sub-optimal characters and builds that just plain stop being playably enjoyable later on.

Physical carry Janna is/was god damn hilarious but it's really not a build viable in post 30 games (possibly not even post 20 depending). There are dozens of things like that. I mean hey, Karthus, he is (vaguely) viable in the highest end of competitive play... and in pre 30 noob games. Etc...

Enjoy it while you can. Queing with higher level players means you won't be able to do that. The matchmaking system will just put you up against players that are experienced enough to limit your experimentation AND who will be numerically more powerful due to the level/rune system. That is not a way towards more fun. That sucks all round.

And no Smurfing by your team mates won't help you for long, the matchmaking system will sooner or later start bumping you all up pretty damn fast regardless. It's a temporary solution at best, if you regard a bunch of smurfs noob stomping as actually enjoyable. Which it isn't.

So again enjoy it while you can.

OR DON'T!

Because LoL... is a kinda bad game. And the developers are assholes. I came to the realization that their balance methods are basically trolling the community that time they publicly announced they were nerfing junglers, Tanky DPS and the AoE meta/team strategy... then did nothing other than release a new champ that was a Tanky DPS Jungler with awesome potential for stacking into the AoE meta... and he was a TROLL who notably SUMMONED A GIANT TOWER OF ACTUAL SHIT.

And see... there are now alternatives. Smite is a damn fun game. DOTA 2 is on steam early access. Smite at least has things like, much cooler characters, a better more uniform look, a better more immerse perspective for the style of game, MUCH more skill shots and interactive action, a FAR better interface all round in game and out, multiple game modes, integrated USABLE tutorials and practice modes, including specialized ones for junglers and junk, and YOU CAN TRY ANY CHARACTER ANY TIME IN PRACTICE MODE EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT UNLOCKED THEM YET. And they still have a free rotation for real games.

LoL has the advantage of being undeservedly big... but it is important to note it is undeservedly big. Which is to say... rather than lining up a group of people selected primarily for being from no less than 2 notoriously unpleasant communities at once, as if that would make game play somehow better to avoid the terrible LoL community your probable best bet for an improved experience that avoids the notoriously bad LoL community is to just go play a better game.

It's what I do, and I don't regret that decision.
Last edited by PhoneLobster on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Ravengm
Knight

Post by Ravengm »

I'm reasonably experienced at the game (currently in Silver V), and I'd be happy to get a playgroup of some kind up. I usually have a group of friends from college that I roll with, but oftentimes we're looking for a 4th/5th.
Random thing I saw on Facebook wrote:Just make sure to compare your results from Weapon Bracket Table and Elevator Load Composition (Dragon Magazine #12) to the Perfunctory Armor Glossary, Version 3.8 (Races of Minneapolis, pp. 183). Then use your result as input to the "DM Says Screw You" equation.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

CapnTthePirateG wrote:Leblanc
It's almost like Leblanc is incapable of solo carrying a game, or something :-P Besides, these posts always make me feel a little weird. Why should you have won the game? Sounds like the Caitlyn did just as well as you, if not better. And that's a champion that can do a lot more with gold than Leblanc can.

I tend to avoid ranked nowadays because I can get too angry at things outside my control for my own good. I play one a month to keep myself from decaying; I actually just hit a promotion series (nothing major, just Silver V -> Silver IV), and in this month's ranked game (the first of the series), our ADC never even connected to the game. So. Bloody. Angry. End of my 5-win streak too.
Last edited by Surgo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Now that I am in a thread involving a topic that I actually have a firm grasp of, I can reliably say that everything in PL's last post so far outdated that it has no point being here. Trundle was released over two years ago--the meta has evolved so far from him that he's being reworked.

Kaelik, if you post your summoned name, I can Smurf and grind you to the top.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

I've smurfed a couple times with Kaelik as well, so we might be able to get a decent group of us together.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:Kaelik, if you post your summoned name, I can Smurf and grind you to the top.
It is Kaelik88, apparently Kaelik was taken.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Surgo wrote:
CapnTthePirateG wrote:Leblanc
It's almost like Leblanc is incapable of solo carrying a game, or something :-P Besides, these posts always make me feel a little weird. Why should you have won the game? Sounds like the Caitlyn did just as well as you, if not better. And that's a champion that can do a lot more with gold than Leblanc can.

I tend to avoid ranked nowadays because I can get too angry at things outside my control for my own good. I play one a month to keep myself from decaying; I actually just hit a promotion series (nothing major, just Silver V -> Silver IV), and in this month's ranked game (the first of the series), our ADC never even connected to the game. So. Bloody. Angry. End of my 5-win streak too.
Mostly frustration.

But yeah, I need to get better with someone who can actually carry a game.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

So I'm still a noobi, haven't even made it into the 20 levels. I played the game a bit but played WAY more HON then LoL. A newer friend of mine is playing League now and so I am picking it up again. I am disappointed that Yorick sucks so fucking much but Thresh is making up for that and I plan on getting him soon because he's fun as fuck to play.

-Edit: game name is MGuy.
Last edited by MGuy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.