League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:
MGuy wrote:What options does she open? More DPS? There are better junglers for that. Better split pushing? Better junglers for that. Hell you could take everything you just said and apply it to Yi, Nid, and Jax and they are all better than her.
Nid isn't a DPS champ; Yi and Jax are both melee ranged. Once again Kindred is doing her DPS very consistently, whereas Yi and Jax both have to not get peeled to do their damage. Then there's the ult, which makes her safe in spite of her 500 range.

Kindred is a better DPS than any meta jungler because she can build it and actually apply it. DPS on paper doesn't matter. The big thing she brings is fast and safe turret pushes from the jungle, as well as her teamfighting.

Also, Vayne jungle was always bad. They made it worse by nerfing the item, they didn't actually change its interaction with her, did they? That's a low blow.
While I never liked having a vayne jung she did truly ridiculous damage (on par with yi) before the dev change. I'm not sure how you consider that a low blow but whatever. Maybe some pro will figure out how to make her useful but as she is now I'm not impressed. Jungles that deal damage already exist and I'd really only see her as changing the game with morde being an adc stand-in now. So in games where there is no Adc on the team she could then be one.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

MGuy wrote:While I never liked having a vayne jung she did truly ridiculous damage (on par with yi) before the dev change. I'm not sure how you consider that a low blow but whatever. Maybe some pro will figure out how to make her useful but as she is now I'm not impressed. Jungles that deal damage already exist and I'd really only see her as changing the game with morde being an adc stand-in now. So in games where there is no Adc on the team she could then be one.

It's a low blow because nerfing non-broken things is a dick move, especially if people enjoy it. It'd be like nerfing AP Miss Fortune (not sure if this is still around post-rework) or AD Malzahar. They're not great builds, but they're fun.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:
MGuy wrote:While I never liked having a vayne jung she did truly ridiculous damage (on par with yi) before the dev change. I'm not sure how you consider that a low blow but whatever. Maybe some pro will figure out how to make her useful but as she is now I'm not impressed. Jungles that deal damage already exist and I'd really only see her as changing the game with morde being an adc stand-in now. So in games where there is no Adc on the team she could then be one.

It's a low blow because nerfing non-broken things is a dick move, especially if people enjoy it. It'd be like nerfing AP Miss Fortune (not sure if this is still around post-rework) or AD Malzahar. They're not great builds, but they're fun.
I'm a bit biased because I don't like having AFK devourer building jungles like yi or vayne but yea, I didn't really see it as broken so I don't really no why they nerfed it but I don't know why they nerf half the things they do.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

So preaseason changes have been teased... Some just look insane.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

...You Lost Me wrote:So preaseason changes have been teased... Some just look insane.
They're removing stealth wards and mana potions...
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

The Runaan's Hurricane changes on the PBE look interesting. The bolts deal 25% AD instead of 50% AD, but they crit and combat stats are similar to Phantom Dancer marksmen can build it without gimping their single-target DPS.

Ashe's Q is also changing so that you can't use it at all without five stacks, and only auto-attacks stack it. If she keeps her current Hurricane interaction where the extra bolts give her stacks, I think it will be a core item on her instead of that thing you buy when your team forgot waveclear. With her passive the extra bolts very nearly break even in damage to the old bolts as soon as she gets her IE. Hurricane will give her better waveclear, pseuo-AoE slows, and her Q will basically always be active in teamfights.

I expect AP On-Hit Teemo and Kayle to suffer because the attack speed dropped from 70% to 35%, but if you're building a pile of on-hit effects your probably have some other attack speed in there. I'd have to run the math, but the crit chance might even make it worth running a little more AD than those builds currently do. Just speculating at this point.
Last edited by rampaging-poet on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Well, new Hurricane sounds like a direct nerf to Kalista. She didn't give a fuck about anything but the AS and bolt damage.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

New mastery trees https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegend ... masteries/

Going to talk about the changes I care about:

1) 18/12 is now the standard masteries split instead of 21/9, I approve.
2) Finally did half of what I've been saying they need to do for three seasons, made sightstone build into slot efficient items (support only items). Now need to do that for everyone. SIGHTSTONES FOR EVERYONE!
3) Essence Reaver now kind of insanely mandatory on caster ADCs.
4) Last Whispher component item that builds into different types of armor piercers.
5) You can buy Ravenous Hydra for early lane bullying, then trade it at no cost for Titanic Hydra later on in game when you've built a bunch of health.
6) Trinkets auto upgrade at level, and starting yellow gives 2 wards.
7) Blue trinket gone, instead yellow turns into a blueish thing that makes visible wards at long range on short CD that don't count against wards. Probably going to be a lot more red junglers, since the upgraded blue doesn't help junglers as much, and a lot more blue trinket supports.
Last edited by Kaelik on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I don't know if ER is going to be mandatory on AD casters, actually, since it makes you buy crit to build it and you need crit to unlock the massive CDR boost.

Keystone masteries look amazing. Death's Dance (item) is terrifying. I am thankful brutalizer is gone.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

New masteries look a lot more impactful.

Also, my ranked team is now in promos to reach plat. Woooo!
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Something I saw today -- new Last Whisper is an indirect nerf to Thresh. His only source of armor is the bonus armor from souls he collects, so the increased bonus armor penetration is more effective against him than anyone else.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I was asked to apply for a semi-pro team. I filled out their silly form and am excited to see what the hell happens.

My guess: I will not be able to play often enough and will be cut if I even make it.
sandmann wrote:

nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:I was asked to apply for a semi-pro team. I filled out their silly form and am excited to see what the hell happens.

My guess: I will not be able to play often enough and will be cut if I even make it.
I look forward seeing you being completely curbstomped by SKT, godspeed.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Good to be recognized, well done!
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

nockermensch wrote:
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:I was asked to apply for a semi-pro team. I filled out their silly form and am excited to see what the hell happens.

More like maybe get to the point where I can get curbstomped by Coast or some other shitty NA team. Any team that's recruiting from D1 is probably not going to win a promotion tournament, if they even make it in.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:
nockermensch wrote:

More like maybe get to the point where I can get curbstomped by Coast or some other shitty NA team. Any team that's recruiting from D1 is probably not going to win a promotion tournament, if they even make it in.
Unless they are recruiting for D1 in korea :)

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

They'd be better, but those teams have to beat Korean teams to make it into the promotion tournament and thus will not win. If you brought a random selection of Korean Master/D1 players to NA you could probably put together a top NA team. Our top pros are still challenger in any server they play, so the peak skilled NA players are still better than 99.9% of everyone, but the skill depth difference is fucking huge (evidence: Coast is a pro team in NA).

Isn't that what XDG basically was? A bunch of good KR players who went to NA because it's easier here?
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:They'd be better, but those teams have to beat Korean teams to make it into the promotion tournament and thus will not win. If you brought a random selection of Korean Master/D1 players to NA you could probably put together a top NA team. Our top pros are still challenger in any server they play, so the peak skilled NA players are still better than 99.9% of everyone, but the skill depth difference is fucking huge (evidence: Coast is a pro team in NA).

Isn't that what XDG basically was? A bunch of good KR players who went to NA because it's easier here?
That's half the players on any NA team. But I was mostly just making a joke about Balls being D2 in Korea.

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Kaelik wrote:
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:They'd be better, but those teams have to beat Korean teams to make it into the promotion tournament and thus will not win. If you brought a random selection of Korean Master/D1 players to NA you could probably put together a top NA team. Our top pros are still challenger in any server they play, so the peak skilled NA players are still better than 99.9% of everyone, but the skill depth difference is fucking huge (evidence: Coast is a pro team in NA).

That's half the players on any NA team. But I was mostly just making a joke about Balls being D2 in Korea.
Oh I had gotten confused, I meant LMQ (and also, they're Chinese)

But yes, all the good NA teams (except c9) are a bunch of imports at this point, but LMQ was literally a Chinese team made of B-teamers and solo queuers that came to NA where they could easily become a top team. And they did just that; they got second in their first year.
sandmann wrote:

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

My ranked team with my friends lost promos while I wasn't around and dropped to 0 LP. We're back to the brink (~90 lp, so 4 wins to plat) with just tonight to try and crank out plat.

Going to fucking try it.

In other news: Kalista. I decided to learn her to expand my ADC skillz. I now have some thoughts on the champion that I didn't have before.

Why Pick Kalista? The god-smite for objectives, excellent early-midgame damage (before crit matters too much), nigh-invulnerable to skillshots, one of the most useful ults in the game, and powerful kiting against melee champs without hard CC or insane speed boosts.

Why not pick Kalista? Shitty siege, slightly lower lategame damage, incredibly vulnerable to targeted CC and dashes.

Kalista in lane- Look for extended trades and dodge all skillshots. Kalista is a strong laner against virtually everyone except Draven and Graves, who can burst and scoot away before Rend can matter. She breaks even or wins against everyone else, but has far more opportunities to outplay most opponents due to Rend's trade potential.

Kalisa in midgame- Kalista can skirmish with the best of them and can 1v1 anyone who can't burst or stick to her. She naturally builds blade and once she gets blade + hurricane she can even outfight a Draven due to how quickly Rend will stack up for the kill. Her midgame teamfighting is among the best in the game if she has a hurricane and blade.

Kalista in lategame/teamfights- Wait in the back and get tons of stacks on nearby targets unless you have an easy flank onto a squishy who can't burst you. Save your ult to protect your support or provide yourself with a friend for fighting a squishy target or peeling off a diver. The moment a cooldown is used by a squishy target you can hop through the fight to provide DPS on that target, but you need to be aware of divers and CC. Good players wait for Kalista to make a positioning mistake and then throw down their burst/gapcloser/cc, so you need to be very aware of what's going on.

Build: Go either blade or hurricane first, blade is for dueling and hurricane is for roaming/teamfighting. Build the other one second. Your third item should be LW unless the other team is consistently able to lock you down in a fight, in which case it should be QSS. LW must be built by your fourth item unless they haven't built a single armor item, and even then IT'S PRETTY FUCKING GOOD.

Your defensive item if you don't go QSS can really be anything because your kit is pretty diverse. A frozen mallet can protect you against Udyrs and other speed demons, whereas a GA or Banshees can be good against burst and extreme engage comps (QSS is better against a big single CC you have to avoid to not die, Banshees is good against high burst and engage comps like Sivir + Nautilus where they want to hit an unavoidable engage to kill you).

I like Bloodthirster as my last item. The shield is helpful and you still don't give a shit about Crit. IE is slightly more damage, but fuck you're an ADC and it's lategame. You are already dealing all the damage and that shield can save you.

Overview: Kalista is still a strong pick in most situations. She's not overly team-dependent (though she combos very well with certain champions) so she can be picked early without worrying too much, and she's a ridiculous counterpick against bruiser comps.

Her only real weaknesses kit-wise are high range champions (whom she can't touch without taking way too much damage) and high burst champions (who kill her instantly). If I had to pick against a Kalista I'd run a siege comp or a pick comp.
sandmann wrote:

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

So, some post-preseason notes:

New Graves is crazy broken with like a 56 percent winrate. He's incredibly oppressive in lane thanks to his new autoattacks and Q damage, has fantastic waveclear, and still manages to be reasonably tanky with his old passive being tied to his E. He's basically what Graves was always meant to be, just incredibly overtuned. Apparently new MF is super good too, but I haven't played her.

Guinsoo's is crazy OP too, to the point where guinsoos/nashors Yi is extremely good. Needless to say, jungle Jax is crazy good if you can avoid getting counterjungled.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Korgan0 wrote:So, some post-preseason notes:

New Graves is crazy broken with like a 56 percent winrate. He's incredibly oppressive in lane thanks to his new autoattacks and Q damage, has fantastic waveclear, and still manages to be reasonably tanky with his old passive being tied to his E. He's basically what Graves was always meant to be, just incredibly overtuned. Apparently new MF is super good too, but I haven't played her.

Guinsoo's is crazy OP too, to the point where guinsoos/nashors Yi is extremely good. Needless to say, jungle Jax is crazy good if you can avoid getting counterjungled.
Yeah, the overtuning is real. Just look at where Darius and Fiora are (and remain). Riot also nerfed Jinx for some reason. Did her rockets really need a reduced attack speed? Her only steroids are "get super close" or "kill somebody," a small AOE and 10% extra damage isn't broken.

Ranked is horrible right now thanks to there being too many champs to ban, and the ADC role feels super weak. Is it just me, or did they buff casters (both flavors) and bruisers while nerfing adc itemization? Vayne is still strong and Graves is pretty fucking good because he's a quasi-bruiser, but regular "my autos are what hurts!" adcs are quite weak.

Also, beware Soraka. She is very, very strong right now.

Current champs you really should ban:

Tahm Kench
Soraka
Darius
Fiora
Graves
Jax
Rengar
Jayce

They're all very strong in their roles (and helped by itemization changes) to the point of your team needing to get a tremendous lead early or have specific champion counters to beat them. If I see a Tahm I know I can't pick Nautilus, Vi, or any other single-target CC champ (and I probably need a ton of AOE and range). If I see a Darius I know I can't pick melee bruisers. If I see a Jayce I have to pick an engage champion (and even then, he has huge disengage). If I see Graves my jungler has to camp bot.

Not a great preseason so far.
sandmann wrote:

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I don't see Jayce often enough to care. The last jayce i went against was clearly bad because I beat him with panth when usually I lose vs him. You are right that there are too many champs to ban but I feel that yas should be on the list too. I didn't realize how badass tahm was until 3 days ago. It was insane how hard it was to bring him down while he was literally eating through our 2 tanks with no problem.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

New MF is super fucking fun and pretty good. They brought back the old "my main goal is positioning for ults" and also gave her a kit that allows her to contribute outside of the ult. Giving her a 120% attack speed buff seems a little extreme, but it's her only real dps steroid (her passive is good, but you probably aren't proccing it that much in teamfights) so she isn't quite overwhelming.

But that ult. Her ult is dealing 4k+ damage lategame over 3 seconds, which nobody is getting hit by unless they're CCed, but holy fucking shit 4k damage in a big AoE. And it can crit (modified by IE). If you just have an IE you're going to be doing ~1000% AD in an AoE with rank one ult. Lategame with MF's core (IE and ER) you're dealing ~1400% AD in an AoE. Her ult is finally what it used to be, something the other team has to play around.

I'm still trying to figure out alternate build paths. Right now IE -> ER -> PD/Shiv/RFC (PD for if they have divers, Shiv if they don't, RFC if sieging) -> LW item -> Defense (ideally mercurial to get some lifesteal) works for me. MF can play pretty safe since she relies on her ult so I don't feel like a GA or other pure defensive item is necessary on her. Maybe a build that completely ignores the AS item would work well, but I quite enjoy the crit and movespeed offered by PD/Shiv/RFC.

Alternate build theorizing: Maybe a triforce would fit into that slot, but that's a lot of gold and, again, a wasted stat in CDR. Death's dance is also incredibly good on MF as a pseudo-defensive item (the 12% damage converted to bleed is huge, and your ult healing you to full is always nice), but the lack of crit (and wasted CDR) makes me sad. BT works fine too, but since it doesn't give you health during your ult it's less attractive to me.

So many fucking choices. I probably worry about crit too much since MF really does rely on her ult to get things done in teamfights and her kit doesn't care too much about crit. Your support should be getting Zeke's for you anyways, which can push your crit to 90% with just IE and ER.

Edit: and my team is back in promos for plat. Wooo! Ranked 5s is still fun since you can counter the ridiculous champs.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I am really, really loving Soraka right now. Even more than I did back in the day when all I had to do was spam starfall all day and night. I'm not really sure what spurred me to pick her all of a sudden when I usually only get tanky supports but now that I'm using her I am just getting carried left and right. I seriously doubt that it's my teams getting better so I must be doin' it right with her.