Time to Move!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Time to Move!

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]

The boards will be going offline on Friday 3/7 at 100 am Pacific so that we can convert them to the new, permanent, more reliable location. We will be bringing them back online in the new location at 100 am Pacific on Saturday.

Some things you should know:

1. The new boards will be running an open source software package called phpBB (phpBB.com)
2. The conversion from bbBoard to phpBB will not be perfect. Your account will be transferred, but your avatar and signatures will not.
3. phpBB only supports 1 signature, so you will have to pick your favorite to add to the new system.
4. Neil was kind enough to write a WHISPER tag for us, so all the existing whispers should continue to be hidden.

When the conversion is complete, you will receive an email with information about where to go to log in. Because your password will not be transferred, you will have to request a new one from the new system.

During the conversion period, this forum will be in maintenance mode. That means, essentially, that it'll be offline. When the conversion is complete, we'll bring the forums here up, for a few reasons:

* This thread will be used if you have trouble logging into the new system.
* Having the forums up allows us to easily compare the new to the old to see if there's a problem
* Should we need to copy anything from here, it's easier to do with the forums active.

Note, though, that anything you post here after the conversion will not be transferred to the new system.

In addition, we'll create a "Bugs" thread on the new forum, where you can tell us all the things we got wrong.

If you have any questions, now's the time to ask.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: Time to Move!

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Please note that if you want your existing account to transfer to the new board, you need to update your email addy with BBBoy pronto!
[/TGFBS]
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Will the [whoview] tag be back up and running?

-Username17
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I can ask.

Game On,
fbmf
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

As long as the accounts transfer with little to no effort on members' parts, shouldn't be many problems. Probably have this thing back up and running in 10 minutes or less.
Finally... some better interface in this place.
8 hours to go as of now.
See ya on the other side!

Edit on the next day: Eh? It's not here yet. :ohwell:
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Awesome. Idiot that I am, I didn't notice that the board was moving until it went down, but the switch from bbboy can only be good. Also, kudos to the mods for a super smooth transition.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Well now, all looks fine.
Everything except for the fact that my email was the old one and I had to find that out the hard way. Old site host didn't update to my new email with the feature provided a while ago.

But regardless, hope everyone made it OK.
I'm off to Virginia to get certification for my new job until Tuesday night. Praying the Best Western hotel is at least decent -_-
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

I'm here. Though phpBB wants to log me out every time I go visit another website.