OSSR Request Thread

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

virgil
King

Post by virgil »

I implore that someone endeavor to review Dying Earth Roleplaying.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Could someone please do the 5e DMG?
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

CapnTthePirateG wrote:Could someone please do the 5e DMG?
That doesn't even qualify as OSSR.

That's a "let's send Frank a case of mead and a pdf I need some joyful hate in my life" request.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

I'd like to request 7th Sea. It's where John Wick went after he was done with L5R, and oh boy is it not good.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

The L5R card game's been reviewed before, but has the RPG been reviewed?
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

How do we not have an OSSR for WW's Street Fighter game yet?
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

CapnTthePirateG wrote:Could someone please do the 5e DMG?
Sure, I'll give it a shot.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Repeating my request for Nightbane, pretty please!
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Palladium's Ninjas & Supersies and its expansion Mystic China
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Anyone up for reviewing Traveller?
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Has RIFTS been done yet?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Various RIFTS (TM) books have been done, but I don't think the core game has. Although there have been enough "This is why RIFTS (TM) is bad" posts over the years.

I could review RIFTS (TM), or Ninjas and Superspies (TM), and possibly even Nightbane (TM) (I can't remember if I have that book), but the fact is typically I start these things, lose interest and never complete the review.

Edit: I looked through my pile of old (very old) Palladium (TM) books, and can't find a Nightbane (TM) one. So it's possible I used to own it but lost it/threw it away when moving. It's also possible it's stashed away in storage or something. It's also possible I never owned it. The source of confusion could be that I do have a few RIFTER (TM) issues, and most of those have *some* kind of support for Nightbane (TM), and I have RIFTS (TM): Dark Conversions, which has rules for creating a Nightbane (TM) character in RIFTS (TM).
Last edited by Koumei on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

I got dibs on Slayer d20.
Otherverse America Campaign Setting
EABAnywhere
Last edited by Leress on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

Leress wrote:I got dibs on Slayer d20.
I look forward to it. I rather liked Slayers.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Slayers hasn't been done yet? Huh. Cast my vote in for that one, the magic system is bonkers.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Can we get an Aberrant review? I've heard about this game being shit, but I've never been able to find a single copy of the book or see a single game run online.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'll throw in another vote for Slayers d20.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I, too, would like to see Slayers be OSSR'd.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Mechalich
Knight-Baron

Post by Mechalich »

Longes wrote:Can we get an Aberrant review? I've heard about this game being shit, but I've never been able to find a single copy of the book or see a single game run online.
I have the pdfs and have played in Aberrant games, I suppose I can take a stab at it.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Mechalich wrote:
Longes wrote:Can we get an Aberrant review? I've heard about this game being shit, but I've never been able to find a single copy of the book or see a single game run online.
I have the pdfs and have played in Aberrant games, I suppose I can take a stab at it.
If'n you can put up with my flaky scheduling I'd love to try and tag team it - That's from back in the era when I had friends of friends gainfully employed at WW, and flipping through the book, I see that both Gator and Doc Blue have playtest credits.
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

I beg someone, anyone, to review Katanas & Trenchcoats. I received a copy last night from Epimas and laughed myself sick. Is this parody actually playable, even fun, or is it merely a very pointed and on-target mockery of everything World of Darkness-y and Highlander-ish?
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

FrankT wrote:Vampire was staggering around trying to relight the fire with Victorian Age Vampire (yes, that was an actual thing, we might do an OSSR of it someday)
Pls.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

In a similar spirit to the 'oMage vs. newMage' thread, I would adore a WtA vs. WtF OSSR. Mostly because I would love to see a review with the definitive Frank anti-dogfucking rant.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

OgreBattle wrote:Palladium's Ninjas & Supersies and its expansion Mystic China
I have started reviewing N&S, you may begin worshipping me if you think that's appropriate.

Also I agree that we really need White Wolf's Street Fighter game reviewed. Complete with mentions of it being fucking racist (I know, "it's White Wolf") and the awful art.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.