OSSR Request Thread

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

That's something I would certainly enjoy, too.
ColorBlindNinja61
Master

Post by ColorBlindNinja61 »

I've never taken a super close look at Frostburn. I mostly remember it for being the book that brought us Shivering Touch and Ice Assassin.
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

It's a bit lengthy and only recently came out, but Odyssey of the Dragonlords looks pretty cool. The lead designers of a few Bioware gems such as KOTOR and Baldur's Gate got together to write up a setting/adventure path influenced by the myths and legends of Ancient Greece.

I already have a copy, but I haven't finished reading it, and I probably won't review it until I start (and finish!) al-Qadim and SIGMATA.
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

I'm about 1/3rd through Al-Qadim and did the first few segments of SIGMATA. I know I haven't posted in a while, but I'm slowly but steadily getting work done.
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

Realize I may be one of the only people posting here, but I'd get a kick out of seeing someone cover one or more of the Grimtooth's Traps books. The Wurst of Grimtooth's Traps is even 3.5!

Edit: Oh hey Ancient History already did it!

OSSR: Grimtooth's Traps by Ancient History.
Last edited by Libertad on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

I started writing a review for Blades In The Dark, but I think it might benefit from a second opinion. Any takers?
Trill
Knight

Post by Trill »

Sure, why not?
Mord, on Cosmic Horror wrote:Today if I say to the man on the street, "Did you know that the world you live in is a fragile veneer of normality over an uncaring universe, that we could all die at any moment at the whim of beings unknown to us for reasons having nothing to do with ourselves, and that as far as the rest of the universe is concerned, nothing anyone ever did with their life has ever mattered?" his response, if any, will be "Yes, of course; now if you'll excuse me, I need to retweet Sonic the Hedgehog." What do you even do with that?
JigokuBosatsu wrote:"In Hell, The Revolution Will Not Be Affordable"
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Writing up all these environmental rules reminded me that hey, PTU already covered some of this. The sci-fi supplement specifically has actual rules for different gravity levels, vacuums, and completely toxic environments. There are also rules for making robots in here, and I plan to include something similar in my game.
Since I need to go through it anyway... is anybody interested in a review of Do Porygon Dream of Mareep? It's a supplement, so it's way shorter than the core rules.