The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
POKEYMANS thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fuck Japan, man.

There's a new character for Pokken Tournement that's going to be revealed on November 1st, but they aren't going to release it for the Wii U version. How do I know this? Because they've released two other characters for the arcade version already, Darkrai and Scizor, neither of whom have been added to the console version of the game, and most likely never will

I'm probably the only person who gives a shit about Pokken anymore, what with Gen VII coming out in a month and all, but still... fuck Japan and their hard on for not giving me nice things.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
OgreBattle
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pokken is the best 3D fighting game out there and more fun than smash bros. Maybe we'll get Pokken Championships edition on the Switch

Last edited by OgreBattle on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This month's event pokemon is Genesect. It's being distributed via Gamestop in the states and Germany, and via EB Games in Australia (holy shit, you guys still have EB Games?)

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's like how Japan still has Tower Records.

Have I mentioned that my Pokedex in X/Y is now well and truly 100% complete because of these events? It makes me such a happy isopod.

Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In just a few hours, Pokemon Sun and Moon will be released. Waiting in line for GameStop to open is not my idea of fun, but my ass is already frozen and I can't move.

OgreBattle
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrapnel wrote:
In just a few hours, Pokemon Sun and Moon will be released. Waiting in line for GameStop to open is not my idea of fun, but my ass is already frozen and I can't move.

Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak wrote:
This month's event pokemon is Genesect. It's being distributed via Gamestop in the states and Germany, and via EB Games in Australia (holy shit, you guys still have EB Games?)

Yes. Are you surprised because specifically EBG no longer exists in the US or because actual brick-and-mortar (or cheap-concrete-and-plasterboard) stores dedicated to video games no longer exist in the US? Because the explanation I give will depend heavily on which one you mean, one more positive and less drunk-rage filled than the other.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EBG specifically. We had those a while, then GameStop rolled over them like a steamroller over a toothpaste tube.

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basically, GameStop hasn't come to Australia. That's... basically the long and short of it. So your array of options includes:

• The video game aisle in places like Thay-martK-mart, Target and so on - if they have it you can buy it, no ordering things in, pre-orders, returns/trades or anything
  • Occasionally some independent place that isn't part of a chain and probably started as a video rental store* with some Mega Drive** and SNES games on the side, then updated to DVD rental with Playstation games on the side, then saw the death of that on the horizon so adapted in order to stave off defeat for a few more years
  • EB Games, complete with their insane push for pre-orders, trade-ins/pre-owned sales, and disc insurance, and also selling good quality mice, headphones, keyboards and so on, and allegedly selling guides but who the fuck buys those*** when gamefaqs is a thing?
  • GameTraders, which I think might be the only other gaming-based chain. And their big thing is that they sell consoles going back to the 8-bit era. As in, after I had my DS I ended up going there and buying Battletoads for the original Gameboy.

This is the best coverage of the new Sun/Moon Pokemon - as of the leak, so spoilers might still apply?

And by "best" what I *actually* mean is "most Australian".

*Presumably there will be people who are confused as to what these "video rental stores" are, and we'll need to explain the ancient relics known as VHS tapes.
**Genesis in America.
***I actually bought both the massive tomes for 4Gen Pokemon when I first bought a DS. I still can't really say why, but still they're filled with nice art so w/e
Blasted
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are also the crossover stores, I'm thinking mainly JB Hifi, but also Hardly Normal which will do the preorder thing. JB used to (still does?) the "pre-owned" games.
But do people still actually buy games in Australia? There are so many OS options that it seems pretty silly to pay the OZ tax.
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well at the very least, Steam has to charge prices in line with actually buying physical shit in a store, as though it's not bad enough putting up with our Internet speeds, and at some point they'll be applying the GST on top of that. I assume smaller, less known sites are fine for paying sensible rates, but I mostly get around it by not playing big expensive games.
Wiseman
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gen 7 is nice so far. It appears that HMs are a thing of the past.

Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've gotten to Route 2, and two of my favorite things about the game are that you can go around hatless, and that you can catch a Misdreavus fairly early on (in the graveyard off Route 2, at night).

OgreBattle
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been avoiding all online spoilers to get a fresh look at Moon and it's been a lot of fun.

Shrapnel wrote:
I've gotten to Route 2, and two of my favorite things about the game are that you can go around hatless, and that you can catch a Misdreavus fairly early on (in the graveyard off Route 2, at night).

Is that a Sun/Moon exclusive? So far the (I think they're rare) rare pokemon I've found in Moon up to that Route with flying shadows where you reach the other side of the broken bridge are...

* Rattata early on
* Pichu
* Driftblim
* Growlith
* Delibird

It's interesting that you can't get a preview of your haircut/dye, makes getting a hair cut more adventurous. I got a black polo and short shaved sides cut that basically matches how I dress in Chiang Mai.

The grooming/care system is also fun and makes status effects less annoying

Last edited by OgreBattle on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally was able to pick up Pokemon Moon yesterday. Haven't played it a lot, but so far I'm primarily annoyed by the continued lack of a "I have played every generation of pokemon, let me skip the tutorial shit" mode and the fact that the preliminary stuff is ridiculously long.

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OgreBattle wrote:

Shrapnel wrote:

Is that a Sun/Moon exclusive? So far the (I think they're rare) rare pokemon I've found in Moon up to that Route with flying shadows where you reach the other side of the broken bridge are...

* Rattata early on
* Pichu
* Driftblim
* Growlith
* Delibird

Misdreavus only appears at night, in either one of the two patches of grass in the Hau'oli Cemetery. It has a thirty-percent chance of showing up. S'far as I know, this is the same in both versions.

Incidentally, the only Pokemon on that list that I didn't get was Delibird.

PhoneLobster
King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it hard to believe... have they actually done it? Have they really ended the reign of HM bitches?

I mean sure it looks like they've replaced it with putting on a lycra body stocking mounting up on what looks a bit like some sort of S&M rig and then riding around like a lunatic on a dangerous wall smashing buffalo mutant.

But I'm pretty sure that's just an additional plus.
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HM's are truly a thing of the past; they've been replaced by special riding Pokemon that fulfill the same functions (e.g. you ride a Tauros to smash rocks, ride a Lapras to surf, and you get carried around by a Machamp to move heavy boulders.) It's awesome.

Fly, Surf and Waterfall are now TM 76, 94 and 98, respectively. The others (Strength, Flash, Rock Smash, Dive and Cut) are no longer Machine taught moves.

OgreBattle
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got the Misdreavus at night in the graveyard, also met an older lady with her machamp visiting her husband/machamp's trainers grave. The short vignettes in this game are sweet.

Word on the tweets is that other nocturnal pokemon on Melele island are...

-Spinarak around the center of the island
-Ratattatatata in the early routes

Also caught a Bagon at the northeastern water area of Melele you get to through the cave.

Last edited by OgreBattle on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beat the game last night. I love that you become the first ever Alolan champion. I have to say, Sun/Moon may just be the best games since Gen IV.

Wiseman
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FFFFFFFFFFFF-

Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Y'know, Combee had the EXACT same issue. THE EXACT FUCKING SAME. Right down to the to gender ratio (87.5% male, 12.5% female).

Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me, or does the Alola Gentleman npc trainer class look like Bill Clinton on vacation?

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

OgreBattle
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After spending an hour fishing for tentacool I found out that you do get random encounters while swimming and tjats how you catch the jellyfish...
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welp, I caught my first Ultra Beast, the jelly-like Nihilego. Spoilers below:

I'm gonna make a team entirely of Beasts, and rain ruination down on upon mine enemies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 49 of 50

Jump to: