The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
POKEYMANS thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's likely a snout, as some turtles have

That's a spiny softshell turtle, Turtonator took the spines to 11

Last edited by OgreBattle on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally bought one of the Gen 1 pokemon games for my 3ds. Mostly I was convinced to finally do so because I heard that Sun and Moon will care about them in some way.

So I got Yellow, because as much as I like Beedrill, being able to get all three starters was better.

So far, I'm struck with just how weird Gen 1 is. Gust is a goddamned normal move. I'm wrecking face in Surge's gym with a high-teens sandshrew with Dig.

Oh, and I caught Mew.

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak wrote:
Oh, and I caught Mew.

What?! How? Cheating? This isn't another truck-type rumor thing is it? DON'T GET MY HOPES UP, HAKEEM!

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can totally catch Mew via the truck... if you do sufficient memory-fuckage via inventory slots and character name and other shenanigans. It is amazing how hackable the game is within itself.
jadagul
Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's actually pretty straightforward to generate a Mew to catch, and not that difficult, but it requires you do do something very specific. (You wind up loading the special stat value of a pokemon you fight into memory that determines the pokemon that will appear in a certain random battle).[/url]
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, that. I caught it in Cerulean.

So, I just beat Giovanni in Viridian City, and I have to say that Paras/ect is ridiculously good in Gen 1. Even with it's limited learnset, it's useful in six of the eight gyms (seven if you get it before Brock through a trade) so long as you teach it a grass type move, and then against 17 or 18 of the 25 pokemon you face in the Elite Four (depending on whether your rival evolves his eevee into a Flareon or not).

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue's Eevee evolves depending on how well you did in the first two fights against him earlier in the game (the first at Oak's Lab, the second optional one on Route 22).

If you lose or skip both, Blue will have a Vaporeon. If you win one but lose/skip the other, he gets a Flareon. And if you win both, he'll have a Jolteon.

Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I was wondering what determined it. Cool.

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shit be gettin' weird.

So, whadda people think this is gonna be? I bet it's going to be an uncatchable boss-fight thingy.

On another note, the description says that it's movements look like a little girl's, and after staring at the picture for an hour, I was finally able to see the rough outline of a girl in a dress. Because of this, I'm calling this thing Rāge.

Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually reminds me of Lilligant. That said, as a bizarre, form-shifting horror that stalks the lands and (currently) looks like a sea creature, I'm going to assume it's one of the glitched monstrosities that emerged from the beach of Cinnibar Island.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm guessing it will tie into Zygarde in someway.

Personally, I'm more curious about "Type: Null" since it's just such an unusual name for a pokemon, but nothing has indicated it's special in anyway.

Also, Professor Oak's Alolan Form

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

Last edited by Prak on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I read about Type: Null, it appears to be some sort of Frankenstien's monster/chimera that Team Skull created, and is used primarily by the emo goth admin dude. And that it's name is awesome.

OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UB-01 gives me an Evangelion 2.0 vibe
JonSetanta
King

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak wrote:

Holy shit. I can't believe it. Japan animated a non-stereotypical-racist dark skinned person?

FrankTrollman wrote:
Scaling feats were just a bad idea. I'm sorry I wrote them.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They still have plenty of time to play into bad Samoan stereotypes. Though the fact that he's not fat is a step in the right direction.

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

Eikre
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Ultrabeasts were going to be the way they bifuricated all the moronic Literal-God-Of-Space-And-Timémon into their own category so that they weren't shitting up every subsequent game's Pokedex, then it would sound like a positive development, but the Pokemon Company sucks the cock of strict continuity and will absolutely leave all of the Actual-Judeo-Christian-Surpreme-Beings-Of-Fire-And-Ragémon right where they've always been and just have these stupid fuckfaces doing their own thing for no goddamned reason.
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm expecting it'll be kind of disappointing in the end, but hey, it has a cool (if confusing) name, it looks cool from what we've seen, and altogether the game seems to have enough interesting ideas in it, even if I'm not going to call "a new special category... thing" one of those interesting ideas (subject to further information such as actually reshuffling the superlegendary godlike things into that group).

Prak wrote:
They still have plenty of time to play into bad Samoan stereotypes. Though the fact that he's not fat is a step in the right direction.

He also isn't a pro wrestler, which sets him apart from literally every Samoan of which I have heard.
maglag
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JonSetanta wrote:
Prak wrote:

Holy shit. I can't believe it. Japan animated a non-stereotypical-racist dark skinned person?

Bitch, please.

Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Chamomile
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JonSetanta wrote:
Prak wrote:

I really hope the irony here was intentional.
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Daywolf vs Nightwolf and more Ultra Beasts

https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/775265358479372288
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I the only one who thinks that UB-03 Beauty looks like Lusamine?

Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The starter 2nd form evos were released. Rowlet's evo, Dartrix, looks like it's going to put on a flannel shirt and be on the cover of Teen Beat in the 90s.

Winnah wrote:

FrankTrollman wrote:

OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks that UB-03 Beauty looks like Lusamine?

You are not alone in such sentiment. Wonder if the UB's will have some kind of special battle system as they're not classified as Pokemon, like maybe they have multiple parts to hit.

I guess Ruby Sapphire has my favorite starters in all of Pokemon
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rock type Kahuna Olivia ('Lychee' in Japanese)

Last edited by OgreBattle on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sun/Moon demo is out, and a whole shit-ton of new info has already been data mined and leaked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_KfjwyVaoY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GwpIhRkAlRw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnB7EHQ2XU

The final evo for the water starter is far more awesome than the first stage would have you think...

Also, Dugtrio's Alolan form is dumb as fuuuuucck.

Last edited by Shrapnel on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 48 of 50

Jump to: